Background audio on movies is "garbled"
I have only recently purchased an android box (an MXQ OTT box..........probably Chinese).

I have no need to listen to music only but I do watch a lot of movies. I've noticed that although the picture quality on my TV is superb the audio is not as good as it should be.

The background noise in movie scenes i.e. the background ambient "whitenoise" that you don't really notice most of the time is proving to be an annoyance whenever I watch movies. The noise sounds like a pulsating, under water effect and although it doesn't drown out the dialogue it's prominent enough to be an annoyance when watching a movie.

I don't have home theatre surround, just a HDMI cable plugged into my TV and the Kodi box. The speakers are only the TV's own speaker system. I've tried it on two different televisions and the problem persists on both.

I have Kodi installed on my Android tablet and I don't get any audio problems so it's either the box or the TV settings (or both).

I've noticed that the "Android_audiotrack" option is greyed out in my advanced settings (although I read somewhere that this is normal) so I'm at a loss what to do.

Can anyone recommend any audio settings I should be following with Kodi. The TV's audio settings seem to be rather basic.

I'm using version 15.2 of Kodi

Thanks in advance guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background audio on movies is "garbled"0