Play Youtube links!
Hi,
I need to know how can I play youtube links directly in KODI ?!
I do not want to use youtube module, I dont need search or anything like that!
I only want to copy/paste youtube url and play! or put youtube url in strm file and play it! OR if none of them not available use python and play link using

listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem(title, iconImage=img, thumbnailImage=img)
listitem.setProperty('IsPlayable', 'false')
xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(plugin_handle, url, listitem)

so How can I do that ?

the goal is put youtube url's in online list and list them one by one in a video addon.

Thanks a lot Smile
I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but it's something I use all the time for watching Youtube vids without going through the Add-on. It's a Chrome extension called Play To Kodi that allows you to right click a Youtube video and send it straight to Kodi or add it to a queue.

The only other way I could interpret what you are wanting to do is just make a playlist. If that's all you want, it's still probably easiest to create a playlist through Youtube in your browser, add all the vids you want, and then open the playlist in the Youtube Kodi Add-on.
(2015-11-22, 15:23)hannibalmoot Wrote: I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but it's something I use all the time for watching Youtube vids without going through the Add-on. It's a Chrome extension called Play To Kodi that allows you to right click a Youtube video and send it straight to Kodi or add it to a queue.

The only other way I could interpret what you are wanting to do is just make a playlist. If that's all you want, it's still probably easiest to create a playlist through Youtube in your browser, add all the vids you want, and then open the playlist in the Youtube Kodi Add-on.

That extension is effing GOLD! Thank you for this! Perfected the media center with this one extension, thank you again!
Wink 
I know hey? I love that extension. I use it all the time. Smile
(2015-11-22, 15:23)hannibalmoot Wrote: I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but it's something I use all the time for watching Youtube vids without going through the Add-on. It's a Chrome extension called Play To Kodi that allows you to right click a Youtube video and send it straight to Kodi or add it to a queue.

Thanks a lot for answer Smile
The problem with this method is it is only working locally!
I want to upload my playlist somewhere in the net and use it from any device! in any place!
I thought about making an addon to grab Video from youtube and play it! but the problem is youtube RTSP streaming links are so low quality Sad
In that case, wouldn't making a playlist right from YouTube be the simplest way? You can add videos from any device and you can play the playlist from any device with YouTube. Unless I'm missing something.

FYI..if you have a static IP or use a dns host, you can use this extension across the web by entering the http:// in front instead of local ip although I don't know why you would want to.

I do that with my SABnzb extension.
(2015-11-23, 02:43)hannibalmoot Wrote: In that case, wouldn't making a playlist right from YouTube be the simplest way? You can add videos from any device and you can play the playlist from any device with YouTube. Unless I'm missing something.

FYI..if you have a static IP or use a dns host, you can use this extension across the web by entering the http:// in front instead of local ip although I don't know why you would want to.

I do that with my SABnzb extension.

I have a plan to upload some videos on youtube and push them to clients devices! so it is near to impossible to make a playlist on youtube directly! so the best way is to use addons and send youtube links using our api to client devices!
Currently we use our media server based on nginx! but we want to have youtube too! because youtube servers more faster and safer rather than our server Big Grin
Ahh, I see. I wasn't sure exactly what you were trying to achieve. I thought it was more for your own viewing activities.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Youtube links!0