Pandora with Kodi 16
I am attempting to run Pandora on release 1122 of Kodi. With this release and many prior ver 16 releases, Pandora returns a failed logon message when the script attempts to log me on. I tried Pandoki. Same thing. I tested Pandora on Kodi release 15. Works fine. I checked setting.xml. My username and password are fine.

Could it be that Pandora's server is rejecting my login attempts because Kodi 16 is a beta release?

Can anyone shed light on this.
Pandoki is working here. Probably best to get and upload a debug log and post a link to it in the Pandoki support thread.

scott s.
Where is the log located? I have not figured the Linux file structure out entirely.

I will do as you suggest. Pandoki in Kodi 15 all okay. Pandoki in Recent Kodi 16 releases login failure.
debug log (wiki) is a good place to start.
Scott967, bry-,

Just to confirm. You or others have tested Pandora / Pandoki with Kodi 16 release 1122 or later and it worked?

Here's my log.

http://xbmclogs.com/puwmbnavl

Looks like it is a failed SSL certificate. See lines 269 and 280.

Is there some other forum in which I should post this? Can you give me the link?
Sorry, only have had success with Pandoki for quite some time so can't help with Pandora. If it is an SSL problem I'm thinking maybe platform (OpenElec) problem? I'm on Win7 so can't help there.

Here is the Pandoki thread:
205547 (thread)

scott s.
Hi everyone,
I've managed to get Pandora to work in the latest build by Milhouse. It is easy to fix actually...though it did take me a while to find the right solution.

First, you need the zip file for Pandora. This might pose a problem for most since it is no longer in the Kodi repos.

Open and extract the Pandora zip file...open the extracted Pandora folder...open the resources folder...open the lib folder...open the file pandaplayer.py (I run Ubuntu 14.04 so gedit was used)...go down to line 33...it will look something like this...

xbmc.Player( xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER ).play( url, item )

change that line to look like this...

xbmc.Player().play( url, item )

save that file...close the Pandora folder...and re-compress it back into zip form. The rest you should know how to do.

Hope this helps someone.

Pandoki 0.8.0 does work in the latest Milhouse OpenELEC build, and I was using it, but it's not Pandora, so I started to work trying to find a solution. It works for me.

Here's a link to the finished product, ready to install, from my dropbox account...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3867uj0j2v8gqg...2.zip?dl=1

Later...

Bob

P.S.
It even works in Isengard 15.2 OpenELEC 6.0.1.
I'm trying to figure out how to run Pandora in the background without it cutting off I'm on kodi 16.0 rc3 I'm alright with adding/deleting codes
It's a script, so there's unfortunately no way to run it in the background. I believe Pandoki will run in the bg, as it's an addon. You'll have to decide what's more important to you; nicer UI (IMO) w/ Pandora, or more functionality w/ Pandoki.
Ok thanks
Thank you!!!!!
Hi I´m new
I would like to try the above mentionen pandoki script
I downloaded the zip file

in what directory do I need to place it ?

is it correct as I somewht read above , I do NOT need to unpack the zipfile, just copy it to a specific location

hint:
I´m not a developer, just a user

thx
(2016-06-21, 11:51)midogrumpy Wrote: Hi I´m new
I would like to try the above mentionen pandoki script
I downloaded the zip file

in what directory do I need to place it ?

is it correct as I somewht read above , I do NOT need to unpack the zipfile, just copy it to a specific location

hint:
I´m not a developer, just a user

thx

Since you will browse for it when you install, you can put it anywhere reasonable where you can find it. I put mine in 'storage'. You are correct in that you should not unzip it.

When you are ready o install it you will have to browse for the file's location so you can put it anywhere that's reasonable. I put mine in 'storage'
Hi again,
Just want to remind everyone that the Pandora version that I fixed is still working great. I use it every day for hours at a time (I love Classical music...Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, practically all of it, though I can't stand opera...Smile). Here's the link again....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3867uj0j2v8gqg...2.zip?dl=1

Just a reminder.

Later...
Bob
Hi,
Thought I'd provide a link to my own personal version of Pandora. It's still the same Pandora...all I did was change the theme and background image. I also added an 'Exit' button (convenient if you're using a mouse with Kodi).

Here's a link from my Dropbox account...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z2ae2cb9mjwk8...b.zip?dl=1

I wish some Mod, who also knows code, would look these two links I've provided over so as to show that they're clean of anything nefarious. I don't want you worrying about using them.

I'm just trying to help.

Have a good one.

Later...
Bob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pandora with Kodi 160