• 1(current)
Does timeshift actually work for any of you?
I'm running latest tvheadend with pvr.hts 2.2.9 on Openelec 6 - Kodi 16b2.

I get constant live tv lock ups when I either skip back or rewind, I then have to press stop and start the tv channel again - completely defeating the point of timeshit.

This has been an issue ever since Kodi 15, on 14 I used the negge pvr.tvh 0.9.8 client and that worked.

Does timeshift work for any of you guys running Openelec 6?
Nope for me it also locks up. First it starts but after a few seconds it stops with buffering message.
Same thing here. It has been working fine for a short period of time when using pvr.tvh.

Watching and pausing works as expected but skipping/rewinding/fastforwarding brings me back to the beginning of the timeshift buffer.

I'm always running Milhouse's newest builds hoping that one day it will be fixed.
Same here. Completely unusable.
Also the same here..
Not really completely unusable - but very very unreliable.

Seems I have to return to vdr - there is timeshift really bulletproofed
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
should maybe try VDR then, is it hard to setup?
(2015-11-28, 23:11)Vispen74 Wrote: should maybe try VDR then, is it hard to setup?
On OE? Have no experiences with OE, don't use it. But I would assume it is very simple. If you are speaking German, here is a useful link http://blog.helmutkarger.de/raspberry-me...il-11-vdr/
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
(2015-11-29, 02:07)Nachteule Wrote:
(2015-11-28, 23:11)Vispen74 Wrote: should maybe try VDR then, is it hard to setup?
On OE? Have no experiences with OE, don't use it. But I would assume it is very simple. If you are speaking German, here is a useful link http://blog.helmutkarger.de/raspberry-me...il-11-vdr/
I have an Ubuntu server running the back-end. On OE it was really simple to set up regarding to your link. I will do some research on it. In our home we all go crazy when we are watching a movie on live tv, pause for a while, and then when forwarding during the comersials it all mess up, so we have to stop and start over. Not ok!
For me it has never worked properly.

The only scenario in which it functions, is when I pause and then resume once. If I re-pause, fast-forward or try to skip something, the stream always halts. So it's always been pretty unusable for me. I'm running tvheadend on a Debian Linux x64 machine with regular updates from the git master source, with up to date Kodi versions the last few years. I haven't really tried it with Jarvis though.
I thought the whole timeshift process was rewritten in TVH 4.0 or at least should be?
Does anyone know when timeshift will be working again?
Yea, me too. I've been tracking git for Kodi, TVHeadend, and the pvr addon. The issues described have been happening for a long time. I gave up and just turned off timeshifting at the server. Otherwise I'd occasionally make the mistake to timeshift and it'd hang.

It would definitely be nice to have it working.
In my humble opinion never ... it's so sad... tvheadend is a good software for a tv-streaming-server and i love it, but i gave it up to post debuglogs and try to help for improving the timeshift-feature... i offered my help serveral times, but with only a few C skills its so hard to understand the sourcecode
furthermore there are so much requests but no response from the developers...

if there is an working timeshift i would spend 10€ per month for the project; its not a nice to have feature, but one of the biggest advantages and reason for having a tv server...
There is a bug that will cause TVH to crash if you enable timeshifting to RAM and then fast forward past the current point in time. Setting RAM timeshift size to 0 makes it stable for me. This is using Kodi Jarvis beta 3 and TVH 4.1.

I've only been using Kodi/TVH for about a week. Coming from MediaPortal I find the timeshift to be sadly lacking in functionality, but at least it seems to be fairly stable as long as I turn off RAM buffering.
What means fairly stable? stabe or not stable Big Grin

I'm using the same setting, but its still not the same as in windows media center... i hate Windows and Microsoft but the Media Center was awesome with pvr etc.

Here some issues:
- fast forward and back is still lacks, sometimes it jumps back at the beginning sometimes it stops after playing for 10 sec
- skipping is more stable i think, but sometimes the same problems as above
- when you record a program kodi not asking to play it when you select it from the epg everytime, only sometimes... not sure whats happening
- the web-interface (configuration/dvb input) does not shows new settings when you change some checkboxes and save, until go to another tab and back or press F5

...maybe you can test Smile

the biggest feature i miss is proper timeshift.... Confused

Edddsch
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does timeshift actually work for any of you?0