• 4(current)
Does timeshift actually work for any of you?
How do i know if it is working? i think it works in my place but i do not know what should be the exact behaviour of timeshift.
What is the on demand tick?

How long does the buffer stays? How does it get cancelled or deleted?

When i tick that i want to store only for 120 min and pause my channel for 110 min on a 180min programme and start again. Will i miss the last 60 min or the timeshift should understand that as i have started watching tv 10 min before the end of my buffer it will overwritte on the 10 min buffer to let me catchup on my 180min programme.
Or after my 120 min of recorded programme it will just jump back to live (110min of pause +120min of recorded )= 230 min my programme was only lasting 180 min.
I see many commits concerning timeshifting in the tvheadend github master tree the last few days, so probably it will be better for many by now.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test it, since the ffmpeg build (for transcoding) won't compile at the moment (a known bug). But in a few days perhaps. Big Grin
Great work!

timeshift working seamlessly now (for me - Milhouse Krypton 0105b + TVH 1322 (separate PC - Ubuntu 14.04.1)).

Just one minor "complaint":
  • when FF reaches end of buffer, KODI remains in FF instead of switching back to PLAY

(Not sure, whether this is a KODI or pvr.hts problem; also not sure, whether it also happens in REW (which might also switch to PLAY at start of buffer).)

Thanks!
Mathias
Remaining in FF, but with the speed reduced to nearly live, when you reach the end of the buffer is the current behavior in pvr.mythtv. Therefore, it's probably not a bug in pvr.hts.
(2016-01-06, 17:13)rpcameron Wrote: Remaining in FF, but with the speed reduced to nearly live, when you reach the end of the buffer is the current behavior in pvr.mythtv.

Yep, same behaviour in pvr.hts.
Probably Kodi never knows when the end of buffer has been reached
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
With TVH version 4.1-1333~g196b1d9 timeshift is now working very well Blush
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
I would like to test the new version of TVH. Can someone upload the binaries of the modified hts.pvr plugin? (including pull request #155, Win7 64bit). I'm not able to compile it by my self.
(2016-01-07, 22:14)Nachteule Wrote: With TVH version 4.1-1333~g196b1d9 timeshift is now working very well Blush

Same here with the following combination:
Backend: TVH 4.1.1334 on Synology NAS
Frontend: pvr.hts-2.1.18-mod (including perexg PRs) with fritsch's OE Isengard-EGL build on HSW-NUC.

Thanks a lot, perexg!!!
I just compiled the most recent version from github tvheadend. With Kodi (nightly from two weeks ago) timeshift is now working more or less OK. That's the first time it worked on my systems ever since timeshift was added to tvheadend. So that's awesome!

However, when I specifically tried to get a crash, that wasn't too hard. By continuously skipping forward and backward, pausing etc. a bit, the video stream stopped after a minute or so (but audio was still OK). When I then tried to change channels, my TV stream went dead. In the tvheadend web-ui a connection to my Kodi box was still being listed, even though I could no longer change channels or play anything. Obviously this is not normal daily behaviour, but there's still some room for improvement.

Perhaps the latest version of the pvr.hts add-on will help, but it's disabled in the latest Kodi Jarvis nightlies, so I'll try it when it's available again. (I read that's tomorrow.)

What's the best way to help debug? Some place where we can upload logs or whatever?
@willemd
https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/issues
Haven't tried tvh for a while. Is there a place where i can get newest amd64 addon-zips for testing with 15.2? Already compiled the tvh server.
git clone https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts.git#branch=Isengard
Thanks, got so far:
Code:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/pvr.hts/build$ cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.hts -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/project/cmake/addons
-- Addon source tarball caching is enabled
-- ZIP packaging enabled (destination: /home/ubuntu/pvr.hts/build/build/zips)
-- Building following addons: pvr.hts
-- Overriding addon source directory prefix: ../..
-- Processing /home/ubuntu/xbmc/project/cmake/addons/depends/common/tinyxml/tinyxml.txt
-- tinyxml url: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/build-deps/sources/tinyxml-2.6.2_2.tar.gz
-- Processing /home/ubuntu/xbmc/project/cmake/addons/depends/common/kodi-platform/kodi-platform.txt
-- kodi-platform url: https://github.com/xbmc/kodi-platform
-- kodi-platform depends: tinyxml;platform
-- Processing /home/ubuntu/xbmc/project/cmake/addons/depends/common/platform/platform.txt
-- platform url: https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/platform.git
-- No platform specific file /home/ubuntu/xbmc/project/cmake/addons/depends/linux/CMakeLists.txt found
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/ubuntu/pvr.hts/build
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/pvr.hts/build$
Can't find the zip in /home/ubuntu/pvr.hts/build/build/zips. It looks if I have to compile kodi as well. I just want to try the addon with my current kodibuntu installation. Is there a way?
You just generated the makefiles. Now you need to run make on them to build.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does timeshift actually work for any of you?0