Best Remote for Intel Nuc?
My 360 remote arrived today and I can confirm that it works straight out of the box with the pentium braswell nuc (the on/off buttons do indeed power up and shutdown the nuc). It's very tactile and intuitively laid out, absolutely no need to reassign any buttons and the backlight is blinding hehe. Huge thanks once again for the info noggin (and everyone else). Best 8 quid I've spent in a long time.
Btw did a bit of research and this remotes smaller brother that you mentioned (the official 360 dvd model) isn't backlit apparently.
Yes, correct.
But they are both rc6, no hassle remotes.
I tried a lot but i keep coming back to this one, despite having to aim at the box ;-)
I've been using a harmony 300 for about a year. I just received the xbox 360 media remote and it turns the tv on and off fine, however I can only get it to turn on my i5 NUC and nothing else. I tried following this guide, http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200863 and it still didn't work. Any thoughts?
Hi,

Does it work with Windows?
I was able to use it with OpenElec but not in Windows.

No matter what I do (Device Manager - Intall/uninstall), my Nuc5i3 simply does not work with any Remote on Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Any Help please?

Thanks.
(2016-02-06, 04:38)The0ry Wrote: I've been using a harmony 300 for about a year. I just received the xbox 360 media remote and it turns the tv on and off fine, however I can only get it to turn on my i5 NUC and nothing else. I tried following this guide, http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200863 and it still didn't work. Any thoughts?

When you say your i5NUC and nothing else - what other devices are you talking about, and what IR receiver are you using. ISTR that integrated IR on/off requires BIOS level support, as does Wake-on-USB IR.

My Rosewill USB IR receiver will power on an HP 260G1 from power off (but needs to be in the right socket presumably because the hardware/BIOS continue to power and look at those ports when the box is powered down), but only if the first power on is manual. (I think the USB dongle goes into a different mode when it goes from power up to power off)
(2016-04-07, 12:25)ofer972 Wrote: Hi,

No matter what I do (Device Manager - Intall/uninstall), my Nuc5i3 simply does not work with any Remote on Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Any Help please?

Thanks.

Yes it works in Windows
Run regedit
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
change CodeSetNum0 from 1 to 0
Restart your computer and xbox360 remote working in kodi
Quote:Yes it works in Windows
Run regedit
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]

Yes, that's the ticket ;-)
Hi everyone
Sorry for bumping, but I'd like to know if this is the one everybody is referring to...

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-...imedia-_JM

I'm looking for a remote (with power on/off) for the Intel NUC NUC5i3RYH
I'd use it with Windows

Thanks
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/a...dia-remote

I use it with LibreELEC. It turns the NUC ON/OFF
(2017-06-15, 16:32)LongMan Wrote: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/a...dia-remote

I use it with LibreELEC. It turns the NUC ON/OFF

I see that's the newest version of the remote, not the one I could get here in Argentina
(2015-12-18, 22:05)icesurf3r Wrote: Evening all,

Very interested in this thread as I have bought 2 x NUC D34010WYKH as presents for my kids this Christmas. I intend to install either windows with Kodi or openelec on them.

Am I understanding correctly that the Xbox 360 remote should work with Kodi and the NUCS inbuilt IR sensor straight out of the box as they are RC6 remotes? Apologies if this is a bit of a newbie question. Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly, before I take the plunge and order two remotes.

Thanks in advance.

I worked with the Intel guys for nearly 6 months to get the XB360 remote working on the D34010WYKH NUC, which is what I have. It's about 99% there. I had to LIE to them to get them working on it, saying I'd be purchasing 5-6 more of these for family.

In certain cases, the NUC doesn't respond to the remote if there has been a power outage or similar. Once the NUC is turned back on, the on/off button (using the XBOX power button) powers the NUC on/off correctly, and everything else works.

My dog recently ate the remote, so I've reverted to a Pulse8 CEC adapter + original Samsung remote.
(2016-04-07, 14:46)mullemull Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 12:25)ofer972 Wrote: Hi,

Any Help please?

Thanks.

Yes it works in Windows
Run regedit

Good evening. I have a pc intel nuc5ppyh and i want to ask if this remote is compatible with pc.
I have it with the windows 10
Are you able to turn on and off the nuc with the Xbox 360 remote?
Yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Remote for Intel Nuc?0