Asus Chromebox vs Vivo
Amateur here looking at buying an Asus Chromebox and trying to install myself but I've noticed the Vivo PC vm42-5075 w/cel 29570, 4gb, 500gb, win 8.1....
So what would be the difference with install?
Would I not have to JB the Vivo and remove the OS?
Any other advice would be greatly appreciated
The vivo has more ram, a full hard drive and runs windows. The Asus Chromebox is good for Linux, but requires work to configure. Unless you're referring to the i3 chromebox, the Celeron Chromebox has the same cpu as the vivo and can be had very cheap.
It's the M004U w/Intel Celeron, 2995U, 2gb, 16gb
The Chromebox for the price is a good deal, & easy to install thanks to the automated install script provided by Matt Devo, Mr. Chromebox. If all you want to do is have a Kodi set top box experience, just install it as a standalone device on OpenElec & be done with it. Great way for an amateur to get started, take it from me. The Chromebox running OpenElec is my go-to Kodi device.
The install does worry me. I've installed it through windows on an hp pavilion dv7 which seems a lot easier.
The price is $219 Chrome vs $249 Vivo cad so not a big deal.
M004U w/Intel Celeron, 2995U, 2gb, 16gb is ~$160 in USA.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Yup. Not to mention some of the boxes listed here we can't even get in Canada...
I'm pretty sure you can find better deal than the $160 in the US.

Here in Canada BestBuy has a sale on the M004U for CDN$100 which is like US$75.

Was going to grab one but online stock is gone...only what's left in store.
@OP. Can't comment on the Vivo but I've installed Openelec standalone using Matt's script and it's pretty easy. Just read the first post several times to be sure and followed the steps one by one.

That was a year ago and he has refined his script even more since.

And if you have any questions regarding install on it the official thread here is more than helpful.
(2015-11-27, 00:39)shabuboy Wrote: M004U w/Intel Celeron, 2995U, 2gb, 16gb is ~$160 in USA.

(2015-11-27, 00:59)skeetz Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can find better deal than the $160 in the US.

Here in Canada BestBuy has a sale on the M004U for CDN$100 which is like US$75.

Was going to grab one but online stock is gone...only what's left in store.

I saw that as well, just figured they were sold out.
Thanks for the info on setting it up though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox vs Vivo0