get album/artist thumb automatically
Hi all. First-time poster here. First I should say that Kodi is the most amazing thing in the world! Anyway...

I've been searching this forum and other online resources for a solution to this without any luck, so I decided to make a post. Thanks in advance for reading!

I've added my music library to Kodi. My tags are filled out correctly, including the "album artist" field, but excluding the embedded artwork (I don't like to fill this one out). The problem is that Kodi doesn't show almost any artwork. I only get a handful of artist and album artwork showing, and the rest show the default speaker icon. The few albums that do have art I noticed have a folder.jpg file inside the directory; the ones that do not have this don't have any artwork display in Kodi.

I have the universal music scraper enabled and set up. In fact, if I go to an album or artist and show the info, and say "get thumb", the right one shows up and I can choose it and then it displays it correctly from then on. However, I don't want to do this for all my artists and albums, as it would take me a very long time.

Does anybody know what's going on? Is there a way to get artwork to show up automatically?
What source are you using for thumbs (its in the universal scraper settings)?

If you want complete accuracy, tag with MusicBrainz Picard.

You can also try theaudiodb scraper if you want a more accurate name search.
Same problem here too, tried on both a android shield tv and windows installs, when scanning music into library no info or artwork is automatically received, no fanarts, no artist thumbs, no artist info or album info.

Tried with universal scraper and audiodb scraper with setting set to retrieve the artwork and info. neither will get the images or info during a scan.

Only way I can get them is by manually selecting 'query info for all artists' and 'query info for all albums' this will get me available info and thumbs but no fanart, only way to get that is to bring up the info panel and choose fanart individually for every artist.
kerni, your scraping is working since the images are there to select from the info GUI. And so it seems your tagging is good as well.

how is your music stored? SMB? What is directory structure? I used to have a similar problem, turns out my flat directory structure did not play nice with KODI, it likes a 3 level share structure. Once I changed from SMB://MP3s/Album/ to SMB://Music/MP3s/Album/ , then deleted my database and re-scraped, art then showed up. Most folks use the preferred Music/Artist/Album structure thus never see this problem.
Mine is currently SMB/Media/Music/Artist - Album/Tracks

I did try a temp structure with about a dozen artists following the Music/Artist/Album/Tracks which also failed to work, however I've done an uninstall/reinstall of Kodi and am currently restructuring all my music to Music/Artist/Album before initiating a music scan on the new install. will post if success or failure once done
Quote:Only way I can get them is by manually selecting 'query info for all artists' and 'query info for all albums' this will get me available info and thumbs but no fanart, only way to get that is to bring up the info panel and choose fanart individually for every artist.

I am seeing this same behavior, with one slight difference. When I 'queried info for all albums', it only did like half of them, and then it simply stopped. Doing it again has no effect whatsoever; it doesn't even seem to try anymore. Like you, manually showing the info panel for an album or artist individually will download all available artwork.

(2015-12-14, 17:10)whitebelly Wrote: kerni, your scraping is working since the images are there to select from the info GUI. And so it seems your tagging is good as well.

how is your music stored? SMB? What is directory structure? I used to have a similar problem, turns out my flat directory structure did not play nice with KODI, it likes a 3 level share structure. Once I changed from SMB://MP3s/Album/ to SMB://Music/MP3s/Album/ , then deleted my database and re-scraped, art then showed up. Most folks use the preferred Music/Artist/Album structure thus never see this problem.

Thanks for replying. My structure is /media/Music/Artist/Album/, stored on a USB hard drive. The artist level is not necessarily accurate, though; e.g., I have a directory called "TheBeatles", as opposed to "The Beatles".

However, if this were the problem I think it would be very strange. Kodi is finding the files somehow and building my library correctly, since all my artists and albums and tracks show up, and, like you said, the tags are correct since I am able to get the album and artist art when I individually query for it. Shouldn't the scraper just use the library information to download artwork automatically? Why does it have to look at files and directories? Or maybe I am misunderstanding how scrapers work.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for the replies, and apologies for not replying earlier. I was on vacation without Internet connection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
get album/artist thumb automatically0