XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader error..
I dont know if it is just "normal" files.

Yes. Onclick in the panel runs a script using the dbid to set parameters and show relevant info in the skin. Or play queue the item/items . That depends also on other settings. I have a script for that - not a plugin.

If you are saying I should let the plugin handle all that instead, what is gained by doing that?

Also please keep in mind that all this came about because Kodi really likes to add information to my lists. Info I dont want and dont need. Infact I don't need to pass filenames/urls at all since what I do is all dbid based.
okay, you have a onclick script.

if i understand your use correctly you should return the appropriate url to the database item you want to represent in the list from the plugin. that way, the gui should fill the correct info for you without having to manually do it in a script.
That is exactly the behaviour I want to avoid.

If I do that (Return an url to an item), Kodi enforces it's "magic" and overwrites the information I chose to send back to the list somewhere on the way from the plugin to the list.

A big thank you for trying to follow up on this and attempt to understand what I want and what I am actually doing, even when I am obviously very poor in my communication.
Its a bit late but I ran into this problem on a new addon I'm working on.

If you fill in all the details for ListItem.addStreamInfo() you shouldn't get the error. It works in our addon plugin.video.iplayerwww.
(2016-03-23, 22:31)primaeval Wrote: Its a bit late but I ran into this problem on a new addon I'm working on.

If you fill in all the details for ListItem.addStreamInfo() you shouldn't get the error. It works in our addon plugin.video.iplayerwww.

Verified this as working, thanks so much.
Finally found the solution, it from listitem.setInfo(type, infolabels), this happen when you working with remote file (url) and set the type to "video" and of course kodi will not able to extract StreamInfo data from string url (before it downloaded) now if you working with remote media/http set type to "files" and for local media then set type to "video or music" Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader error..0