Bug If Browsing thru Musicgenres "* All Artists" stay Empty if there are No Albums
Not shure if this is the right subforum to Adress this (hope it is.) If not feel free to Move This Tread.

Found a Bug (tested in Jarvis Beta2)

If i browse through "Genres" in the Musiclibrary, and go in to a Genre which only contains "Singles", The Item "* All Artists" will stay Empty.

Regards
Being an albums person I have knocked up some test music file tags to make singles, and they may not be representative of your tagging, but I do see what you mean. Not sure how well Kodi really handles singles, guess I am going to find out!

Any "singles" users out there like to share their experience of Kodi with this kind of music collection? This is an issue that has been there for some time, not just Jarvis.

Oh yes, we have a ticket too http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16407
I had more of a look and I'm really not sure if this is a bug, or if it is designed behaviour. Happy to discuss it especialy with those that have singles in their music collection.

On the one hand it seems inconsistent and needs fixing. The artists of only singles get listed, and if you click on an artist then you see "singles" as if it was an album title. So you could expect "*All artists" to show you a similar list of fake albums for each artist called "singles".

But on the other hand the intended hierarchy of nodes is genres -> artists -> albums -> songs, and there is a separate node for singles. So "*All artists" is intended to list albums not singles. How are users with a mixed collection of albums and singles best served? Do you want to see "singles" as a fake album along with other albums?
(2015-12-09, 11:51)DaveBlake Wrote: I had more of a look and I'm really not sure if this is a bug, or if it is designed behaviour. Happy to discuss it especialy with those that have singles in their music collection.

On the one hand it seems inconsistent and needs fixing. The artists of only singles get listed, and if you click on an artist then you see "singles" as if it was an album title. So you could expect "*All artists" to show you a similar list of fake albums for each artist called "singles".

But on the other hand the intended hierarchy of nodes is genres -> artists -> albums -> songs, and there is a separate node for singles. So "*All artists" is intended to list albums not singles. How are users with a mixed collection of albums and singles best served? Do you want to see "singles" as a fake album along with other albums?

Sorry For the late Reply

I would see here two options

1. By Clicking on "*All Artists" Show the Folder "*All Albums" (which contains usaly all tracks from all Albums (And singles) from this specivis Genre).
-> This means this Item/Folder could always be present, no mather if the selected Genre only contains Singles!
-> this Folder would guide to all Tracks in the same manner as it behaves if there are also Albums with this specivic Genre.

(probably with UX in minde the better Option - exept of the Name "*all Albums" which may could be a bit misleading.)

2. By Clicking on "*All Artists" guide straight to the "*All Albums" (Item/Folder) which contains all tracks from this specivic Genre.

Regards.

--------

EDIT:

Maybe its usefull to explain what XBMC/Kodi does if there are Singles and Albums and whrere it mixes these two up (If this is already knewn just Ignore.)

by Browsing thru Genres:

Klick on a Genre lists:
- All Artists with Songs from This specivic Genre (which guides thuther to the related Albums from the selected Artist which match the Genre.)
- Folder "*all Artists" (This folder Contains all Albums with songs in it with this specivic Genre + a Folder "*all Albums" which Contains the Songs from all Albums with this specivic Genre + all Singles with this specivic Genre.)

-- I Guess just showing the Folder/Item "*all Albums" no mather if the selected Genre just contains "Singles" or not would may be the easyest fix. --

Maby renaming "*All Albums" to something different, which better reflects whats in there, would make sense. (i.e. "*List all", "*all Tracks" or something similar could probably make sense.)

EDIT2:

Did also think about if it may would make sense to split Albums and Singles right from the start in the related Genre View, but this would have the disadvantage that it wouldnt be possible to play all tracks from a related Genre whithout have to Care if them are Singles or Albums. - So would still see opt. 1 as a better solution

--

(just my 2ct's)

EDIT3:
(2015-12-09, 11:51)DaveBlake Wrote: Do you want to see "singles" as a fake album along with other albums?

This would be indeed cool to.

So if there would be albums and singles we could choose after clicking on "*all Artists* if we would like to play a Album, all Singles (Fake Album) or all Songs from this genre ("*all Albums")

this would be cool Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If Browsing thru Musicgenres "* All Artists" stay Empty if there are No Albums0