PLEX and EMM metadata [SOLVED]
Hi,

I use EMM to manage my movies/TV Shows folders.
with XBMC, I can get all the local NFO and media.

with PLEX, it does't work.
PLEX libraries were set up to use local data.
I get nothing: no genre, plot, title... nfo, pictures. Plex seems to find the correct poster and fanart but I don't know where it get them from, not from my folder.

does anyone know what settings I need to set in EMM so Plex can read all local data?

I also have 2 nfo in each movie folder:

\Hugo Cabret.(2011).1080p\
Hugo Cabret.(2011).1080p.nfo
movie.nfo
the content in the files is the same.
You need the XBMC (or Kodi) Meta Data Agent for Plex. This addon can read XBMC/Kodi NFOs and images.
hatbrox, you can find the XBMCnfo Importer Metadata Agent for Plex here:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/38402/...mc-library

Note that there are two agents -- one for movies, and one for TV. Also, note that after installing and setting up the agents in Plex, your libraries won't automatically start using the new agents (since it's already scraped the data in). Either delete the libraries (and then clean bundles and empty trash) and readd them using the XBMCnfo agent, or do the "Plex dance": https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/158487...pisodes/p1

It's best to have just one .nfo file. The easiest thing to do in your case would be to just delete all the movie.nfo files -- do a search for "movie.nfo" and delete the lot.

And please note that currently there is no filenaming schema that satisifies both Plex and Ember for multi-episode files. What Plex uses for naming multi-episode files does not work in Ember, and what Ember uses for naming multi-episode files (which is the same as Kodi) does not work in Plex: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=249433
I read about XBMCnfoMoviesImporter.
Is this the agent you're referring to?

I understand that it works on the principle that you export the library from Kodi and then import it in Plex.
If this is true, it is very cumbersome.
I just want plex to use my local files whenever I add new content, I don't want any manual task.
Naw, it imports .nfo files. They *can* be created by Kodi, but don't need to be (and I seriously doubt many users of that agent use it that way). It simply reads nfo files and local art to use them as the metadata source instead of various online sources. I use Ember to scrape my movies and then Plex automatically imports them using the XBMCnfoImporter agent. Ember and the XBMCnfoImporter agent are all you need.
ok for the info.

I installed the 2 plugins nfo (movie and TV) and am playing with them to see what works.
I deleted a library and added it again, I choose the XBMC agent and saved it. Plex scanned the library folders. This worked well. I see all metadata info I hope for.
updating or refreshing the library yielded no benefits, as suggested by magnumdoomguy.

So I made do with deleting and recreating all libraries with correct agent. I lost the watched status but that's a small price, they will never in syncwith Kodi anyway.

It's been 3 years I lived with that, I never bother too much in the past, I just happened to have an evening for myself, so I gave it go.

thanks all for the help.
it's a pity that this Metadata agent doesn't import / read :
. sortittle
. playcount
Looks like you just got one of your wishes. Slrg just updated the agents, and Sort Title support is now there!
ok...thanks for the new info
i have been talking in PMS forums last week about this desired function...
i'm gonna test it!

great ...thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PLEX and EMM metadata [SOLVED]1