Gamestream
I've seen a game.moonlight addon on github but it's not included in openelec garbear builds...

What's the current state of game.moonlight?
(2015-11-30, 13:38)evilsephiroth Wrote: I've seen a game.moonlight addon on github but it's not included in openelec garbear builds...

What's the current state of game.moonlight?
No idea but see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220965
Hi,
does anyone know (maybe garbear itself Big Grin) which status we have by integrating moonlight/limelight to retroplayer?

Last year i have tested a version of Trickname, which could be downloaded here.
By using the console on my PC i could start the connection over the RPi2 and the steam surface would be streamed on my TV.
The problem at this time was that the controller input doesn't work right and i have to start the connection between RPi2 and the PC over the console at the PC.

Maybe this image could help to integrate these function to retroplayer Big Grin I would be appreciate.
garbear posted about this elsewhere (kinda hard to find since it's in a massive thread):

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2175511

(2015-12-01, 17:56)garbear Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 13:20)evilsephiroth Wrote: I was wondering about the current state of nvidia gamestream inclusion in these builds...

I saw the addon in the garbar repo (game.moonlight)...

If there are instructions to build myself and include in a regular kodi-retroplayer installation, would be fine

game.moonlight was the result from one of our Google Summer of Code students this summer. It is a proof-of-concept and needs changes to its build system, as well as changes in RetroPlayer core. This will be one of my primary focuses when I'm done with the controller util. Check back around then when I've picked up development again.
Well there's your answer Smile The controller configuration utility is nearing completion, so i'll be working on this again sometime in feb or march
Thanks for answering so fast. That sounds great. Maybe the infos i told could help on finding a solution Big Grin
(2016-01-25, 21:01)garbear Wrote: Well there's your answer Smile The controller configuration utility is nearing completion, so i'll be working on this again sometime in feb or march
Do you know if the "server" machine (running Windows in my case) needs to be left unlocked as with Steam In-Home Streaming? Steam needs the monitor to be on and the machine to be unlocked... quite a let down IMHO.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-01-26, 22:52)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-01-25, 21:01)garbear Wrote: Well there's your answer Smile The controller configuration utility is nearing completion, so i'll be working on this again sometime in feb or march
Do you know if the "server" machine (running Windows in my case) needs to be left unlocked as with Steam In-Home Streaming? Steam needs the monitor to be on and the machine to be unlocked... quite a let down IMHO.
I believe that is the case as well. If the monitor is not on I don't know how GameStream (or Steam) could find a screen to render the game to. These streaming systems literally just open the game on your computer as per normal and stream your screen (ie. desktop record but in nice ways).

I use Moonlight (which uses GameStream) so I could test this out but I'm pretty sure it's the same as Steam.
Monitor on would almost be fine. There are workarounds or, at least, you could let the monitor go to standby... but leaving the machine unlocked, in a client-server configuration... who in his right mind wants to leave a server unlocked?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Well if you have a way of recording a game running on a computer in headless mode then you should contact Nvidia or Valve immediately Smile.
Closest solution I'd know for that is this: http://www.amazon.com/CompuLab-fit-Headl...B00FLZXGJ6
(2016-02-01, 23:57)Scourge Wrote: Closest solution I'd know for that is this: http://www.amazon.com/CompuLab-fit-Headl...B00FLZXGJ6
This is what I had in mind when I mentioned workarounds. On the other hand, the requirement for the machine being unlocked is... I find it crazy. But I don't know the technicalities involved, I'm speaking just as an end-user.
I would be more than happy to input user and password to unlock it from the client, though.
(2016-01-26, 22:52)ashlar Wrote:

I just tested this with Moonlight (not Steam), but I'm assuming it will be similar. If you attempt to start a game remotely while the host is locked then it simply streams the locked screen. Theoretically if you have a mouse/keyboard on the client machine you can unlock the host. However even when I tried doing this certain games didn't work once unlocked simply by freezing and/or crashing and disconnecting me. Perhaps some would work though. Also you would be left with no way to re-lock the host when you finish playing even if it did work.
Bump!

Does this work on any Kodi version, or only Rasp 2?
When this is finished it should work on all versions of Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamestream2