• 5(current)
MINIX NEO U1: (64bit AMLogic S905 / 10-bit 4K HEVC / HDMI 2.0)
Not surprising, but AML S912 has been announced. Along with 905M.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
AMLOGIC are making processors like candy!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
All we need to do now is wait for the first buggy, rushed to market AMLogic S912 device, from some unknown manufacturer to hit the market and for purchasers to start whinging and complaining ! Wink

Not just AML, but Rockchip and Allwinner come to mind with the candy factory approach. But AML so far has been better for video playback (don't care about games). One chip I am definitely looking forward to is HiSilicon's Hi3798C V200, but not expected until late Summer or Fall of 2016. A lot can happen in the tech world by then I suppose. Hi3798C V200 will support 10bit 4K60, HD audio, and likely (hoping) 3D MVC.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Yeah, HDMI 2.0a with HDR10 and Dolby Vision. Seriously? Amlogic can put whatever specs they want in their SoCs, but it is worthless if there is no supported content to be played. I don't think any of the box that comes out of China will ever get VUDU 4K/Amazon 4K/M-Go. These specs are just good on paper. That said, I have been unable to verify that Amlogic S905 output is actually 10-bit because neither the native movie player or Kodi outputs 10-bit.
Interesting W.
I have seen some related video lately of this S905 that concerns this very 10-bit video output, and after seeing it I think AMLogic may actually be holding back on full implementation of 10-bit in Firmware due to problems.

Can you update me on the status of HD Audio passthrough please with this U1 and Kodi ?
I will update Page #1 of this thread for a bit of a tidy up.

@wek05
do you have try native amlogic player?

and there are 2 thing:
1) decode h.265 10 bit
2) HDMI output port at 10 bit

i supposed shield can do both.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I've noticed the Xbmc for minix/Kodi is quite sluggish. Anyone else experiencing latency when navigating the Kodi interface?
I have a AMLogic S905 development board, virtually the same specs as the U1, minus the MIMO WiFi, and an S812-H. Both are snappy and very fluid in fact and not slow at all. This S905 is not running a MINIX supplied Android Lollipop OS however.

Kodi Jarvis beta5 runs at the same speed as the S812-H on my WeTek Core. It is slightly quicker installing stuff due to the 16GB of EMMC v5.0 flash memory, but not by much at all. The S812-H has more GPU/VPU cores than the S905 (8 vs 5)

The biggest speed boost for both devices comes from the ART runtime optimisations for Android Lollipop OS itself. You can really notice the difference if you have stepped up from an Android KitKat device previously.

Might be the governor. Minix tends to favor energy savings VS. performance.
Yes Android device manufacturers ship these AMLogic devices with the default HotPlug governor. Which on a mains powered non mobile device, that does not need any battery savings is a very dumb idea IMHO.

KODI and the Android OS benefits greatly when you change the CPU governor to Interactive. It's a VERY worthwhile tweak !

http://www.hd-plus.de/uhd/ultra-hd-demokanal-uhd1/ <- here just someone with dvb-s2 do a recording. That is the future live tv and every box that can't play that can be thrown away that very moment a station transmit in 4k hevc 50p 10 bit only :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-12-27, 07:16)wrxtasy Wrote: KODI and the Android OS benefits greatly when you change the CPU governor to Interactive. It's a VERY worthwhile tweak !
I favor "ondemand" myself. Good compromise, imo.
(2015-12-27, 11:44)fritsch Wrote: http://www.hd-plus.de/uhd/ultra-hd-demokanal-uhd1/ <- here just someone with dvb-s2 do a recording. That is the future live tv and every box that can't play that can be thrown away that very moment a station transmit in 4k hevc 50p 10 bit only :-)

:-) Yep...
Can some confirm that this unit can play side by side and over/under 3D formats.Mostly interested in 3d mkv.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U1: (64bit AMLogic S905 / 10-bit 4K HEVC / HDMI 2.0)2