ugly colour banding on openelec
I’m running kodi 15.2 on openelec 6.0 on a wandboard dual (1 GB ram) connected with HDMI to a 1920x1080 PC monitor (ASUS VN289H). I’m using a 16GB Sandisk Extreme U3.

Unfortunately, I’m experiencing some really ugly colour banding, especially in darker or greyish parts. I think details parts of the picture looks quite good but larger diffuse parts are really ugly. The problems occur both when streaming video from NRK nett tv and SVT play but also when playing movies ripped from DVD using high profile settings in handbrake. Still images looks good but the kodi (amber) GUI have some colour banding as well.

I have really no idea where to start troubleshooting. I’ve set the resolution to 1920x1080 and 60 Hz.
Is this problem due to:
Graphic drivers?
Configuration?
Colour depth (how do I change colour depth?
Too little horse power?

Any helpt is much appreciated
see your uEnv.txt you can change the rgb color depth there ... if you upgraded make sure that was correctly set. 16 vs 24.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My uEnv.txt says:

1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32
Then nothing can be done for you ... it's the decoder
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok thanks for you help. So it's not possible to fix problems with the decoder?
Nobody is working on IMX anymore besides solidrun themselves - perhaps file the bug with them?
Am I likely to get better video quality with a RPi B 2 (1 GB) than my wandboard dual?
Yes - in all regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ugly colour banding on openelec0