Bug Gapless Playback test files
(2016-10-05, 12:22)ebr9999 Wrote: As soon as beta 4 is out I will also give a test

It might be too late then for bringing up any potential remaining issues.
Good jobs: Fixes have given very good improvement. wav files are now ok and gapless works work for the real scenarios.

What I have done:
I have used as usual these files to test: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Agrddzvyi1trgyy3G9yqKw-uZNJB
(I have fixed some of them as I have noted the ones with sample rate at 88.2 and 96.0 KHz were not in perfect phase).

From my SSD disk and a network directory, at 44.1 KHz I have gapless, except for mp3=>aac, aac=>aac and aac=>flac.
Something of strange if sample rate changes: depending on the order it may not work. Anyhow keeping the same sample rate (88.2/24 and 96/24) - which the real use case - it works well.
I have also tried streaming through a media server pointing the same network directory I have used above. Same behavior, with the only exception that gapless over 88.2/24 gives a little interruption if in the sequence before an aac file is played (so it looks). Tried with foobar as player, the aac files could not be streamed.

Anyhow it is very minor. If some developers are interested (and piggy as I am) I can go further and create some debug file.
Hello!

I have a click (a small gap) between the tracks (after the next track starts, in early beginning) when playing the album in FLAC 24bit/96kHz from HDD connected to USB on Raspberry PI 3. I tried all cache settings but it didn't help. The system is Libreelec 8.0.2.

16bit/44.1kHz are ok.

Any ideas? I have tried optimized playback - all the same.
Sorry for reviving this 2 years old issue. I have the gapless problem on simple MP3 audio files, typically dj sets or live concerts. Each track is an MP3 track, same from the original CD, or official download. Coming from iTunes on Mac, I have years of different files format and versions, and I could tested a lot of them.
My Kodi install is fresh on Mac, v18.5. Settings have been restore to default for these tests. Library on local hard drive, same as iTunes.
I found out that every track encoded with LAME 3.98 or more, with id3 tags v2.3, plays very well, and gapless. Same for bitrate 160 kbps, 192 or 320. But tracks encoded by iTunes, v3 to v12, with tags v 2.2 or v2.3, don't play correctly, with breaks in between the next one.
I hope it helps. I may post this on a more relevant location, if needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gapless Playback test files0