• 116(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-24, 01:47)popcornmix Wrote: What sort of resolution could you play?

I usually only watch 1280x720p anime in hi10 which used to work fine.
Can't say for sure if I've tried any 1080 stuff or not.
Thanks for the update on that haven't had chance to try new builds in a few months.

Oh and @Milhouse. The system.d mounts work correctly.
Apologies it's so late for the confirmation.
Quote:[linux] Move hotplug checking into its own thread (58c3e8e2)

I guess this commit is the reason for now super fluent video playback even with USB remote connected to my RPi2. I can't see any skipped frames anymore, with and without "sync playback to display" enabled and PLL correction at max. Good work!
I keep wondering whether to stay with MillHouses awesome Openelec kodi 17.0 alpha updates or move to the LIbreElec release he pushed out 2 days ago...
On the latest build, #0323, my RP3 doesn't boot all the way. I can see it unpacking the zip file, all seems OK, but it hangs in the second Kodi screen forever. I tried upgrading from build #0322 and directly from OE 6.0.3. Both have the same behavior.
(2016-03-24, 12:34)nick w Wrote: I keep wondering whether to stay with MillHouses awesome Openelec kodi 17.0 alpha updates or move to the LIbreElec release he pushed out 2 days ago...

My advice would be to stick with these Kodi 17 builds for now, as the current LibreELEC builds are Kodi 16/Jarvis builds. There will be LibreELEC Kodi 17 test builds available soon, at which point I will no longer be producing OpenELEC builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse for the reply. Got to shout out and say I really appreciate your and all the others devs work

Top draw.
(2016-03-24, 09:46)loggio Wrote: PVR - enable/disable setting is missing from live tv window

Do you mean in the Settings > TV window? I think that's intentional - you now enable Live TV by installing (or in the case of these builds, enabling) a PVR client. Likewise to disable Live TV, disable all your PVR clients (although it seems to require a reboot to actually disable Live TV in the menu).

(2016-03-24, 09:46)loggio Wrote: PVR - "clear data" buttons not working in live tv general and guide settings.

Sounds like a bug.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-24, 12:46)Kiralina Wrote: On the latest build, #0323, my RP3 doesn't boot all the way. I can see it unpacking the zip file, all seems OK, but it hangs in the second Kodi screen forever. I tried upgrading from build #0322 and directly from OE 6.0.3. Both have the same behavior.

Zip? I'm guessing you mean tar.

Turn on debug logging in your last working version, and attempt the upgrade again. See if you can log in with ssh and post a link to your debug log (wiki) - to upload the debug log from the command line:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste
then post the link.
(2016-03-24, 13:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 12:46)Kiralina Wrote: On the latest build, #0323, my RP3 doesn't boot all the way. I can see it unpacking the zip file, all seems OK, but it hangs in the second Kodi screen forever. I tried upgrading from build #0322 and directly from OE 6.0.3. Both have the same behavior.

Zip? I'm guessing you mean tar.

Turn on debug logging in your last working version, and attempt the upgrade again. See if you can log in with ssh and post a link to your debug log (wiki) - to upload the debug log from the command line:
Code:
then post the link.

Sorry, I meant tar. My last working build was #0322.

I can't post the log because I can't .ssh into OE after upgrading. I tried power rebooting the RP and it briefly tells me something about boot kernel missing, or so I think, because it was very brief.

I have 2 microsd cards. On one of them I tried upgrading from #0322 using Leopold's dev update and on the second one from OE 6.0.3 , manually with the .tar file in the update folder, as I usually do.

Now I'm rewriting both cards from scratch. And I'll try upgrading from a clean OE 6.0.3 , no plugins, no settings and see if it works.

Later edit: upgrading to #0323 from a clean OE 6.0.3 seems to work. After some 5 min in the hexagons Kodi screen it finally booted. I'll set it up now and see if something breaks.

Second boot and once again hangs for more than 5 min in the Kodi screen. Finally it boots and PVR channel manager is searching for a very long time. I don't use TV channels and PVR. I'm almost sure that my problems come from pvr manager. All PVR clients are enabled by default and I'm having a hard time disabling them because kodi freezes every time I try to do it.
Hola!

Loving the builds so far, Milhouse.

I have a small-ish issue with dts audio playback through a hifiberry Digi+, which may have been solved in the new release (not had time to try it yet, however).

Video/Audio will play fine for a while, then the audio will break up into a repeating pattern of choppy white noise and the stream audio - this can be solved by stop and restarting playback, but again, it breaks up shortly after. Problem usually starts on scenes with a lot of movement.

I've fiddled with settings previously mentioned in the thread (Using MMAL as video player, PLL to Max, Sync off, etc). Does this sound like an old issue?

Thanks!

EDIT: Currently using build #0322
(2016-03-24, 13:25)BigTastyBurger Wrote: Hola!

Loving the builds so far, Milhouse.

I have a small-ish issue with dts audio playback through a hifiberry Digi+, which may have been solved in the new release (not had time to try it yet, however).

Video/Audio will play fine for a while, then the audio will break up into a repeating pattern of choppy white noise and the stream audio - this can be solved by stop and restarting playback, but again, it breaks up shortly after. Problem usually starts on scenes with a lot of movement.

I've fiddled with settings previously mentioned in the thread (Using MMAL as video player, PLL to Max, Sync off, etc). Does this sound like an old issue?

Thanks!

EDIT: Currently using build #0322

I have no sound problems with Hifiberry digi + (configured manually) on RP3 and #0322 build and PLL setings on low.
(2016-03-24, 13:24)Kiralina Wrote: Later edit: upgrading to #0323 from a clean OE 6.0.3 seems to work. After some 5 min in the hexagons Kodi screen it finally booted. I'll set it up now and see if something breaks.

Second boot and once again hangs for more than 5 min in the Kodi screen. Finally it boots and PVR channel manager is searching for a very long time. I don't use TV channels and PVR. I'm almost sure that my problems come from pvr manager. All PVR clients are enabled by default and I'm having a hard time disabling them because kodi freezes every time I try to do it.

You'll need to ssh into the machine and check dmesg and your kodi.log as something is clearly not right, but I suspect it's hardware related (duff SD card, power?) rather than software.
(2016-03-24, 13:24)Kiralina Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 13:00)Milhouse Wrote: Turn on debug logging in your last working version, and attempt the upgrade again. See if you can log in with ssh and post a link to your debug log (wiki) - to upload the debug log from the command line:
Code:
then post the link.
Later edit: upgrading to #0323 from a clean OE 6.0.3 seems to work. After some 5 min in the hexagons Kodi screen it finally booted. I'll set it up now and see if something breaks.
I'm experiencing similar issues.

After an update from #0321 to #0323, using the dev update add-on, my RPi2 hanged at the "rainbow screen", right after plugging in the power. I had to manually copy SYSTEM and KERNEL (renamed to kernel.img) from the latest build to the system partition again to get it to boot again.
After this, OE hangs for at least 5 minutes at the second Kodi splash screen after the Kodi animation. When it finally continues I get presented with a series of PVR add-on errors, even though I never used this stuff.

Let me know if my log is sufficient.
I experience exactly the same problem. I took around 10 min until the GUI appeared.
Going back to the previous build solved the problem.
@Forage: In the last build, #0323, it's possible that some of the system installed PVR addons that may have been enabled in the past will be re-enabled - just disable them, hopefully it's a one-off.

If you disable all the PVR clients, and restart, do you still get the 5 minute delay?
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6