OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
hdmi_mode=16 fixed it. Is there any advantage either way?

Did the giant debug log I posted provide anything useful about the other issue with the skipping frames and high CPU usage?

Thanks again for looking into that. Smile I'm going to make a really long recording (football game) and see if recordings cause the issue too.

As for my freezing, it seems to only be with SSH sessions. I've done a bunch of giant file copying and iperf tests and I don't see any issues with that stuff. It's really annoying though. I really don't think that kodi(openelec) is getting 10 second long freezes on the stream. I really thought it was something to do with Windows 10 on my new Christmas present laptop, but I tried a Windows 7 machine and got the same results on SSH freezing. I'm using several different Linux hosts running very different OS setups (one is real old Gentoo, two RPis and a NUC running Mythbuntu along with an I3 (Myth backend) running Mythbunutu. I also tried Bitvise SSH as well as a couple of different Putty versions and got the freezes.

I'm a bit OCD about problems and can't just let them go until I completely understand what's going wrong. I wasn't getting these freezes before a few weeks ago. I have a new cable modem too, so I'm not sure that it's not somehow responsible for this. I've power cycled all my switches etc and it still happens randomly on SSH. I've read that MTU issues could be responsible, but I find it hard to believe that SSH packets are fragmenting since they typically carry just a few bytes of payload. Sorry for being kind of OT.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by afremont - 2015-12-06, 19:57
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6