OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Since I can see that there is something odd going on with my network, I'm going to chalk any issues I see up to that for the time being. I played a movie from the videos menu yesterday on the 1206 build and it stuck a few times for 10 seconds or so and then went on. I assume it was using videoplayer since OMXPlayer is disabled. I don't think it really matters though since I've seen OMXPlayer hang up the same way lately. I think the network is stalling so it affects the addon and the video menu file access. I have the same thing happening in my livingroom too and there is only one switch involved and it is not gigabit. I'm beginning to suspect that the mythbackend is causing these stalls somehow even though I can see htop hang when the backend isn't directly involved. But it's the one single thing in common with the video, recording and live TV playback problems.

I'm wondering if the myth backend is jamming the network somehow, either by flooding the switch or sending flow control commands to the switch causing everything to stall. I'm going to see if I can disable flow control on the backend and see what happens. If it is, it still doesn't explain absolutely everything. I'm like Monk and Columbo when it comes to this kind of stuff. Wink I can't let it go until everything adds up properly to one solid answer. dmesg in all devices looks fine, there are no oddball network things showing up there, not even any unexplained link-up/link-down things.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by afremont - 2015-12-08, 20:57
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6