• 9(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-12, 17:46)Ollo Wrote: By the way are there some changes regarding passtrough. With #1210 I'm no longer able to switch the passtrough output. HDMI is greyed out. Independent of the "Sync playback to display" setting.

Which is the last build with passthrough output working? I added PulseAudio in #1208, that could be when it broke in which case the PulseAudio patch needs more work.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-12, 18:34)MONSTA Wrote: Spdif appeared after disabling "sync to display" and rebooting. As we say: you will not understand without a glass of vodka Big Grin

Do you mean SPDIF using a Hifiberry Digi+? I have "Sync to display" disabled and can't change the passtrough settings. Only audio output "Alsa Pulse audio server" is selectable.
(2015-12-12, 17:46)Ollo Wrote: I posted your request in the Hifiberry community. Maybe someone recognize you Christmas wish. Smile

It's not really a request as such, but if they're not able to support their own hardware then they can't really expect others to do it for them without making at least some effort. I'm not even sure it's going to help improve the support situation, but they could at least show willing and start that kind of dialogue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-12, 19:01)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 17:46)Ollo Wrote: I posted your request in the Hifiberry community. Maybe someone recognize you Christmas wish. Smile

It's not really a request as such, but if they're not able to support their own hardware then they can't really expect others to do it for them without making at least some effort. I'm not even sure it's going to help improve the support situation, but they could at least show willing and start that kind of dialogue.

That what I thought and at least it is a try with the hope that they might provide help figuring out what's happening. I noticed further entries that there are some passtrough issues also on OSMC and didn't see any progress and comments other that the Kodi/OSMC community should be asked.
I think most people buy such device to connect there old Hifi equipment, so as I did. As HDMI passtrough is limited to what the TV does it is a good choice and even worked for me for DTS as this is blocked by my TV. I'm hopeing that there will be some movement and in the meanwhile I'm figuring an easy way out switching between HDMI and ALSA passtrough and found Audio Profile Switcher which looks promising.

I need try out tomorrow when the ALSA Hifiberry output disapeared and come back with some info later.

Thanks for the amazing work on Kodi.
ok, something more in DVD Menue is wrong after #1001 i think ( sure)

i put a Mini DVD with dts5.1 and Menü over 11 Tracks (The Alan Parsons Projekt mini DVD)

simple strukture only fixed-image with selection Track.

Will absolutly not play with #1211.

a littlebit O.T:

Sorry, i would only tell something about my 650 DVD's and some special Audio DVD and Audio CDs.
I Think Kodi is my Favorit for some Years....

Well, my Turntable is also playing Vinyl since 40 Years, i'm technical - my problem;-)

I have als Chrismas wishes and im drinking no wiskey...only german beer Cool
Spdif disapeared again. Something wrong with this.
(2015-12-12, 18:53)Ollo Wrote: Do you mean SPDIF using a Hifiberry Digi+?
No. I mean 2 noname usb soundcards with spdif.
(2015-12-12, 19:21)MONSTA Wrote: Spdif disapeared again. Something wrong with this.
(2015-12-12, 18:53)Ollo Wrote: Do you mean SPDIF using a Hifiberry Digi+?
No. I mean 2 noname usb soundcards with spdif.

ALSA:usb spdif disapeared for me too.

I'm not using hifiberry just usb spidf.
(2015-12-12, 19:21)MONSTA Wrote: No. I mean 2 noname usb soundcards with spdif.

(2015-12-12, 22:05)Pienoet Wrote: ALSA:usb spdif disapeared for me too.

Both: what's the last build where SPDIF is working?
In the build from 7 dec my hifi card is working, from the 8 Dec build and later it's not visible in sound settings.
New OpenELEC K* build #1212: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.1 #1 Sat Dec 12 21:07:57 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151212210705-#1212-gc5875ae [Build #1212]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001697.928: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c5875ae6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e226ebc0, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Refactor platform code location
  2. Drop PulseAudio --> ALSA bridge PR:4482
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [gitignore] still keep old dvdplayer files in gitignore for one release (PR:8563, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix missing header label on clean EPG (PR:8566, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [win32] add VS2015 redist files to installer (PR:8564, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [platform] - refactor platform code location (PR:8532, 10 commits, 286 files changed)
    • touch panel to display adjustment (PR:7978, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  2. pvr.hts:
    • Settings fixes (PR:142, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: drop msg failed to get stream, dvds do not have a video stream in selection streams (3c42a840)
      • VideoPlayer: fix compare of stream info when playing dvds (9e8a15f8)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Fix OE after platform move
(2015-12-12, 23:19)scoopline Wrote: In the build from 7 dec my hifi card is working, from the 8 Dec build and later it's not visible in sound settings.

OK I've dropped PulseAudio again, you should have better luck with build #1212.
(2015-12-12, 22:12)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 19:21)MONSTA Wrote: No. I mean 2 noname usb soundcards with spdif.

(2015-12-12, 22:05)Pienoet Wrote: ALSA:usb spdif disapeared for me too.

Both: what's the last build where SPDIF is working?

Build 1207 is the last build for me too where spdif is working.

with 1212 it's working again thanks!
Build #1212 update from my referenz #1001:

1) MTV.de addon - Video frozen, sound also stuckering, buffering to 100% and system frozen wenn i stop.
....only way over PuTTY is to makea reboot.

2) MiniDVD with simple Menuestrukture do not work [video_ts.ifo] , but in #1001 Tracks works.

...the same fail like yesterday on #1211 - see post 117: http://xbmclogs.com/paeymtkxc (video.addon)

In my settings is alsa default snd_rpi_hifiberry - ok - positive.
As mentioned by my predecessors Hifiberry Digi+ is working again in #1212.
Been using ITV Player (plugin.video.itv-2.2.6) successfully for ITV catchup until switching from last testbuild of (Kodi 16.0) to latest testbuild of (Kodi 17.0)

debug log for #1204 where catchup playback working correctly Cool

debug log for #1212 where catchup playback not working correctly Sad
(stuttering playback with what appears to be loops around same couple of seconds of stream play with artifacts)

Stepping gradually through (Kodi 17.0) build releases from #1205 to #1210 pin-points this issue occurs between #1209 & #1210

Hope information is useful/helpful.

---edit---forgot to mention that modifying video acceleration settings from default to enable hardware acceleration for OMXPlayer, did not help with issue.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6