• 21(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-24, 16:00)popcornmix Wrote: @doldi can you try again with sync method set to "resample audio" rather than PLL adjust.
Thank You for the answer,
have adjust resample audio sync, rebbot and play the video:
after switch DTS5.1 and start video over Menue ...
“The same procedure as every year, James.”
:-)

no improvement
(2015-12-24, 16:09)doldi Wrote: Thank You for the answer,
have adjust resample audio sync, rebbot and play the video:
after switch DTS5.1 and start video over Menue ...
“The same procedure as every year, James.”
:-)

Another debug log with this setting would be useful.
(2015-12-24, 16:17)popcornmix Wrote: Another debug log with this setting would be useful.

http://xbmclogs.com/pbcoozkqo

CDVDPlayerAudio::SyncStream errors ?
(2015-12-23, 04:19)Milhouse Wrote: @bill_orange: Here are two RPi2 test builds. Try them and report which works best, assuming there is any difference at all.

#1212y: Reverted PR8497
#1212z: Reverted PulseAudio -> ALSA Bridge (PR:4509 and PR:4482)

Well, I have to fall on my sword on this one. Both1212y and z exhibited the lock-up.

Upon this discovery, since I agreed with you that the three changes you redacted were the only conceivable culprits in 1206, I repeated my rather time consuming testing to see if I had somehow misidentified the offending build. I apparently did screw up somewhere. The build first exhibiting the problem is 1207 not 1206 as I reported earlier.

I also found that only about 60% of my albums are affected by this problem. All tracks play fine. This would lead me to suspect that the problem has more to do with how the embedded album information in the MP3 is handled than with the audio portion of the MP3 files. Although not consistently, the albums exhibiting the problem tend to have been ripped the earliest, many years ago when ripping was young.

Any thought? Oh yes, Merry Christmas!

Bill
(2015-12-24, 17:13)bill_orange Wrote: This would lead me to suspect that the problem has more to do with how the embedded album information in the MP3 is handled than with the audio portion of the MP3 files. Although not consistently, the albums exhibiting the problem tend to have been ripped the earliest, many years ago when ripping was young.

Any thought?
How are you playing these mp3 files on your Pi? I assume not direct and perhaps via UPNP over your network. The PRIV tag could be the tag causing biggest headache, as its not typical, i would consider cleaning a problem album of id3 tags using something like mp3tag or musicbrainz (remove all existing tags before saving with a clean updated set) and see if it solves your problem.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2015-12-24, 17:59)MikeKL Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:13)bill_orange Wrote: This would lead me to suspect that the problem has more to do with how the embedded album information in the MP3 is handled than with the audio portion of the MP3 files. Although not consistently, the albums exhibiting the problem tend to have been ripped the earliest, many years ago when ripping was young.

Any thought?
How are you playing these mp3 files on your Pi? I assume not direct and perhaps via UPNP over your network. The PRIV tag could be the tag causing biggest headache, as its not typical, i would consider cleaning a problem album of id3 tags using something like mp3tag or musicbrainz (remove all existing tags before saving with a clean updated set) and see if it solves your problem.

Actually, I am playing them through the HDMI port. The TV passes the audio through to the Home Theater (Onkyo NR-626). This approach also allows Kodi to be controlled with the TV remote via CEC.

This is a rather large collection and the cleaning process would be a considerable pain. However, since this problem does not occur on Kodi 15, Kodi 16 or OSMC, I am more inclined to think that this is a software bug that will ultimately be found to affect many others.

PS: I tried using mp3tag once. It loaded my PC with Trojans. Have you tried Musicbee? It is a very ambitious project and its database management is scary fast.

Bill
New OpenELEC K* build #1224: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0-rc6 #1 Thu Dec 24 21:02:55 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151224210203-#1224-g1ab1b81 [Build #1224]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001695.616: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (1ab1b81e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (2bdfef60, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Updated libnfs, librtmp
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • distributions/OpenELEC/options: enable Pulseaudio (PR:4522, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fuse: change download url (PR:4523, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • forward port of #8635 (PR:8652, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • remove glew, its superseded by egl (PR:8631, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • AdjustRefreshRate: Take more digits into account when deciding matching fps (PR:8651, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix assertion fail in Cutil::GetExternalStreamDetailsFromFilename (PR:8659, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix compile error on msvs2013 (PR:8658, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • FFmpeg: Implement image thumbnails (PR:8583, 8 commits, 11 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Revert some commits that cause subtle API issues (f681a2c1)
    • Add check that we have the full RM before starting to read the PDU data (1ec2d0c5)
    • Do not use ioctl(FIONREAD) for UDP sockets (aea2810c)
  4. newclock5:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
build #1224
After switching Audiooptions and start concert on a DL-DVD i noticed a high CPU-Kodi over 100% and stuttering Video.
DebugLogFile
New OpenELEC K* build #1225: RPi / RPi2

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0-rc6 #1 Fri Dec 25 21:02:43 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151225210153-#1225-g6551bd1 [Build #1225]

001717.759: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6551bd11, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d2714765, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Update dcadec, libnfs
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • brcmfmac_sdio-firmware linux: set bluetooth power up (PR:4528, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Package updates (PR:4525, 5 commits, 5 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Fix tabs vs spaces in autobuild.sh (PR:8664, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: flag pvr demuxer streams as realtime (PR:8667, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Add 'override' to all overridden PVR window member functions to… (PR:8663, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  3. dcadec:
    • Allow other sampling frequencies higher than 96 kHz. (6e3daa87)
    • Fix Windows idiocy with seekable pipes. (3a8b58ed)
  4. libnfs:
    • Make rpc->connect_cb a one-shot callback (034c277c)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-24, 21:51)bill_orange Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:59)MikeKL Wrote:

Any thought?

Actually, I am playing them through the HDMI port. The TV passes the audio through to the Home Theater (Onkyo NR-626). This approach also allows Kodi to be controlled with the TV remote via CEC.

This is a rather large collection and the cleaning process would be a considerable pain. However, since this problem does not occur on Kodi 15, Kodi 16 or OSMC, I am more inclined to think that this is a software bug that will ultimately be found to affect many others.

PS: I tried using mp3tag once. It loaded my PC with Trojans. Have you tried Musicbee? It is a very ambitious project and its database management is scary fast.

Bill

Additional Information:

I thought of another test this morning. The results were interesting. I loaded up the latest build #1225. I tested for the lock-up by moving from one album to another in Music >> Album . The lock-up occurs when leaving the album and the mouse is in the .. at the top of the list. I got the usual lockup, as I expected. I then removed the drive containing all the music and repeated the test. Of course, I got an error message on each track I attempted to play, as expected. Upon navigation out of an album, I got the usual lock-up. This occurred with the external drive containing the MP3 and all information stored with them removed. From this I infer that the problem is on the data base structure in build #1207.

Does this make sense?

Bill
Does it only happen if the mouse is over "..."?
(2015-12-26, 21:05)Milhouse Wrote: Does it only happen if the mouse is over "..."?

I never thought to test that. Navigating with the keyboard to the ".." also generates the lockup. If I use ESC I can get out of the Album without locking up. I can navigate within an album's tracks all I want without lockup.

Bill
New OpenELEC K* build #1226: RPi / RPi2

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0-rc6 #1 Sat Dec 26 21:02:50 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151226210159-#1226-g6551bd1 [Build #1226]

001716.239: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6551bd11, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (73bcff2e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Cosmetics
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [win32] Properly resetting display resources after resolution change.… (PR:8672, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  2. pvr.mythtv:
    • 3.4.3 (PR:51, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
Hey,

I am testing the current build #1226. As far as I can see the lirc_rpi module is not included in the test builds anymore. Are there any plans to add it in the near future, because I use the gpio pins and IR receiver for my remote setup?

Thx Blush
It's there:

/lib/modules/4.4.0-rc6/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc/lirc_rpi.ko

Are you loading the lirc-rpi device tree overlay?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6