• 22(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
yes, in config.txt I put in the string "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi"
(2015-12-28, 00:59)bollstedt Wrote: yes, in config.txt I put in the string "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi"

Please paste the output from the following commands:
Code:
vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | paste
cat /flash/config.txt | paste
dmesg | paste
md5sum /flash/overlays/lirc-rpi-overlay.dtb
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC K* build #1227: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0-rc6 #1 Sun Dec 27 21:02:29 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151227210141-#1227-g6551bd1 [Build #1227]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001697.740: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6551bd11, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (818dc38c, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Bump Python API to 2.25.0 - see announcement
  2. VideoPlayer updates
  3. Episode artwork, runtime and webserver POST request fixes
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • bump python api for kodi k*** (PR:8505, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix dvd menus (PR:8666, 7 commits, 10 files changed)
  2. pvr.argustv:
    • Fix #34 time_t cannot be null (PR:37, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Sync enum representation of char_class_e in struct traits with definition (PR:35, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: handle exceptions when for cases a/v players do not signal started (ea4f9560)
      • VideoPlayer: fix message queue signal level of zero when not empty (66454ecf)
      • VideoPlayer: msg queue cosmetics (cf9c8688)
      • VideoPlayer: cosmetics (29e4ebfd)
      • VideoPlayer: video - refactoring, cleanup, minor fixes (9b91bf45)
      • drop method RenderNoPresent, it only has a singel function call (92d8ad32)
      • drop BeginPaint and EndPaint - no need for grabbing the gfx lock (fa9a4ece)
      • make sure not to hold gfx lock while rendering gui and video (9ef475c0)
      • VideoPlayer: add setting for double/triple buffers (8a2bab77)
      • fixup build (de1abe1a)
      • fixup! [settings] Add settings option to enable MVC and frame packing support (785c651a)
      • squash video (ae24babb)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: start players if audio is ready and video is just a still frame (874f0865)
      • VideoPlayer: fix busy loop in audio if stream is stalled (95af140f)
      • VideoPlayer: do not wait for msg queue to get drained on close, if stream players are no in sync (f385285b)
      • VideoPlayer: fix dvd menus (16a94aca)
      • VideoPlayer: flag pvr demuxer streams as realtime (58202fc0)
      • VideoPlayer: change some debug hostile coding style (e86246e8)
      • VideoPlayer: preserve speed of a/v players when close/open them (7cae9582)
      • videoplayer: Protect null demuxer access (297ee42a)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] patch: NoOfBuffers: Use 2 on OE - as we ship TripleBuffers disabled
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8676: [jsonrpc] CEpgInfoTag: fix serialization of "runtime" as an integer (in minutes) instead of as a string
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8677: webserver: properly handle too long HTTP POST requests
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-28, 04:43)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC K* build #1227
  • Added: [pkg] patch: NoOfBuffers: Use 2 on OE - as we ship TripleBuffers disabled
I believe this is wrong on Pi and needs to be limited to Generic builds.
AFAIK 3 buffers are used unless gpu_mem < 128 (64?).
(Technically on Pi it's not even configurable, so it can be hard-coded in the same place where double buffering is forced.)
(2015-12-28, 04:43)Milhouse Wrote:
  • Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:

@popcornmix - not sure if this patch is required for RPi or not, picked it up from @fritsch so could be x86 or even Intel specific (hopefully not, but will drop if not required).
(2015-12-28, 05:00)menakite Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 04:43)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC K* build #1227
I believe this is wrong on Pi and needs to be limited to Generic builds.
(Technically on Pi it's not even configurable, so it can be hard-coded in the same place where double buffering is forced.)

Aha, just seen your post after I queried this. Smile

OK will drop the patch forcing double buffering from the next build, but will leave it up to popcornmix/FernetMenta how best this option should be handled for RPi, ideally it shouldn't be visible at all to RPi users. Thanks.
(2015-12-26, 19:43)bill_orange Wrote: Additional Information:

I thought of another test this morning. The results were interesting. I loaded up the latest build #1225. I tested for the lock-up by moving from one album to another in Music >> Album . The lock-up occurs when leaving the album and the mouse is in the .. at the top of the list. I got the usual lockup, as I expected. I then removed the drive containing all the music and repeated the test. Of course, I got an error message on each track I attempted to play, as expected. Upon navigation out of an album, I got the usual lock-up. This occurred with the external drive containing the MP3 and all information stored with them removed. From this I infer that the problem is on the data base structure in build #1207.

Does this make sense?

Bill

Are you using MySQL or SQLite for your Music library (your logs have all expired so I can't check)? Can you upload your Music database somewhere - if it's not dependent on the media then maybe the lock up can be reproduced just by installing the db. I've tried enabling ".." (I normally have parent folders disabled) and attached a mouse but no luck reproducing any lock up while using the mouse. Perhaps your Music database has become corrupt somehow, did you say you had tried re-scanning the library from scratch? If not then that might be worth a shot, although it would be nice to get to the bottom of this.
(2015-12-28, 06:04)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 19:43)bill_orange Wrote: Additional Information:

I thought of another test this morning. The results were interesting. I loaded up the latest build #1225. I tested for the lock-up by moving from one album to another in Music >> Album . The lock-up occurs when leaving the album and the mouse is in the .. at the top of the list. I got the usual lockup, as I expected. I then removed the drive containing all the music and repeated the test. Of course, I got an error message on each track I attempted to play, as expected. Upon navigation out of an album, I got the usual lock-up. This occurred with the external drive containing the MP3 and all information stored with them removed. From this I infer that the problem is on the data base structure in build #1207.

Does this make sense?

Bill

Are you using MySQL or SQLite for your Music library (your logs have all expired so I can't check)? Can you upload your Music database somewhere - if it's not dependent on the media then maybe the lock up can be reproduced just by installing the db. I've tried enabling ".." (I normally have parent folders disabled) and attached a mouse but no luck reproducing any lock up while using the mouse. Perhaps your Music database has become corrupt somehow, did you say you had tried re-scanning the library from scratch? If not then that might be worth a shot, although it would be nice to get to the bottom of this.

A logical strategy, as always, Milhouse. Here is a log file which will hopefully show which version of Sequel is being used.

This log file also includes the 'lock-up' Artist >> ZZ Top >> Recycler >> play a track >> play another track >> mouse click out of Recycler >> mouse click on ".." >> lock-up!

http://xbmclogs.com/pw56bg3xo

Here is a link to my exported XML music database.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F1...file%2cxml

Thanks for working on this. I am surprised others have not reported the same problem. Maybe few people are testing with a large music library.

Bill
You're using SQLite, can you upload your /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic58.db file in its current and original form - an exported database may not allow the problem to be reproduced.
(2015-12-28, 19:17)Milhouse Wrote: You're using SQLite, can you upload your /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic58.db file in its current and original form - an exported database may not allow the problem to be reproduced.

Okay. There were several other MyMusic files. I only did MyMusic58.db

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F1...older%2cdb

thanks,

Bill
(2015-12-28, 05:00)menakite Wrote: I believe this is wrong on Pi and needs to be limited to Generic builds.

That is correct for GL, but we no longer render video with GL. MMAL has its own renderer.
I believe 2 is the correct setting on Pi, and yes, it would be better for setting option to be hidden.
I'll restore the "Use 2 on OE" patch until there's a better fix.
picked up a new PI2 today and tried to get up to the latest 1227 from a clean install, which is not possible. I installed OE 6.0 official booted it, let it do some updates, then copied 1227 millhouse build to update. update goes ok, hangs on reboot.

update - I just tried 6.0 to 1220 and it hangs also.

any ideas?

i just wanted to start a nice clean install from a newer nightly.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Yet again my question about library version ;-) If I read the wiki right, Kodi 17 has seen an update (100). iven there are no OSX nightlies out yet, I will have to abstain from the latest OE as well?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2015-12-28, 20:10)dukester Wrote: picked up a new PI2 today and tried to get up to the latest 1227 from a clean install, which is not possible. I installed OE 6.0 official booted it, let it do some updates, then copied 1227 millhouse build to update. update goes ok, hangs on reboot.

update - I just tried 6.0 to 1220 and it hangs also.

any ideas?

i just wanted to start a nice clean install from a newer nightly.

Hang on reboot is a known issue with systemd mounts so instead mount using autostart.sh until there's a fix.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6