• 23(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-28, 20:30)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 20:10)dukester Wrote: picked up a new PI2 today and tried to get up to the latest 1227 from a clean install, which is not possible. I installed OE 6.0 official booted it, let it do some updates, then copied 1227 millhouse build to update. update goes ok, hangs on reboot.

update - I just tried 6.0 to 1220 and it hangs also.

any ideas?

i just wanted to start a nice clean install from a newer nightly.

Hang on reboot is a known issue with systemd mounts so instead mount using autostart.sh until there's a fix.

i dont have any mounts configured yet? its a clean img of 6.0 then straight to 1220 or straight to 1227 results with hang on reboot
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2015-12-28, 20:13)steve1977 Wrote: Yet again my question about library version ;-) If I read the wiki right, Kodi 17 has seen an update (100). iven there are no OSX nightlies out yet, I will have to abstain from the latest OE as well?

I guess so. There's about to be another VideoDB update to 101 as soon as PR8574 lands (any day now), so you'll need an OSX build with that included once it turns up in these RPi builds.

Your best bet for an OSX master build would be one of these: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x86_64/

Select a build with "master" in the filename. You can match the git rev against kodi master to determine what is included.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-28, 19:30)bill_orange Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 19:17)Milhouse Wrote: You're using SQLite, can you upload your /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic58.db file in its current and original form - an exported database may not allow the problem to be reproduced.

Okay. There were several other MyMusic files. I only did MyMusic58.db

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F1...older%2cdb

thanks,

Bill

Finally managed to reproduce a hang with your Music58.db. Smile

I had no luck with Music -> Albums - I could go into and out of albums without any problems (using the mouse).

I then tried Music -> Artists, drilled into The Brand New Heavies, drilled into the album (of the same name), then clicked ".." to leave the album which succeeded, but clicking ".." to exit the artist folder using the mouse resulted in a hung kodi.bin (one CPU at 100%).

It seems to be the main process/thread that is hung, but strace isn't giving me any detail - no output at all, which is odd.

I restarted kodi, and just clicking on Music > Artists with the mouse has resulted in a hang (although this doesn't always happen, but seems quite frequent). I forced kodi.bin to crash by killing the process with a SEGV signal, this is the crashlog: http://sprunge.us/HHjc

I think it may be a caching issue - I can enter Music > Artists once on a fresh boot (and remember my builds clear the cache on start of kodi), then back out of Artists back to the main menu - at this point I have a file called .kodi/temp/mdb-853a4a7d.fi which is the cached music data/view. Upon re-entering Music > Artists kodi will hang, which is when it will be reading mdb-853a4a7d.fi.

I've uploaded mdb-853a4a7d.fi here if anyone is able to inspect it and see if there is anything wrong.

Edit: I've disabled the mouse and "show parent folder" and can still cause a hang when entering Music > Artists for a second time, so those two variables can be discounted - crashlog without mouse and show parent folders: http://sprunge.us/SdYN
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-28, 20:36)dukester Wrote: i dont have any mounts configured yet? its a clean img of 6.0 then straight to 1220 or straight to 1227 results with hang on reboot

Can you try going back through the builds to determine the last build which does reboot for you? So far we've only seen this no-reboot behaviour starting with #1129, and only when adding systemd mounts. As per the comment in PR:4483 it may also be caused by WiFi dongles, but I don't think anyone in this thread has seen that.
Regarding the music library hang - when using my MySQL based Music library (1536 artists, 353 albums, 7388 songs) I'm not creating the cache file - I think the cache is only created if the library query takes longer than a few seconds (5 seconds?) which isn't the case with my library so this might explain why I'm not able to reproduce with my smaller library. Either MySQL is returning the results more quickly, or it's not large enough, so the cache isn't necessary, or maybe a combination of the two.

Your music library has 1882 artists, 2026 albums and 24423 songs so more likely to create a cache file which then appears to cause a hang when being re-read.

Later this evening I'll test with a debug-enabled build and acquire a more detailed crashlog - need to get the next build out of the way first.
If I configure an Ubuntu x86_64 Kodi instance to use the MyVideos58.db it works fine, no hangs (doesn't create a cache either).

However as soon as I copy the mdb-853a4a7d.fi cache file into .kodi/temp and try to enter Music > Artists, it crashes: http://sprunge.us/ZEhV - not sure if cache files can be copied between architectures, so this might be a red herring.
(2015-12-28, 22:16)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 20:36)dukester Wrote: i dont have any mounts configured yet? its a clean img of 6.0 then straight to 1220 or straight to 1227 results with hang on reboot

Can you try going back through the builds to determine the last build which does reboot for you? So far we've only seen this no-reboot behaviour starting with #1129, and only when adding systemd mounts. As per the comment in PR:4483 it may also be caused by WiFi dongles, but I don't think anyone in this thread has seen that.

ok so i compromised and i installed the #1205 build onto a clean 6.0 offical img, no issues with that to report at all, working as usual. I do use a logitech blutooth usb dongle but it hangs with or without it, its also easy to replicate. i tried with a different SD card and my other PI2 and i get the same hang, 6.0 official to 1227 hangs with no peripherals plugged in ill make a backup img of my current setup and start upgrading and see how far i can get past #1205 before any issues arise(there might be none if you go incremental like that) i just know a clean 6.0 to #1220 hangs so does #1227 here for me.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
@Milhouse:
Code:
#2  0x00841f80 in CArchive::operator<<(float) ()
#3  0x00646604 in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoTag::Archive(CArchive&) ()
#4  0x00841e4c in CArchive::operator>>(IArchivable&) ()
This doesn't look right.
Can you test this patch:
https://clbin.com/UMwvS
(2015-12-28, 23:20)menakite Wrote: @Milhouse:
Code:
This doesn't look right.
Can you test this patch:

Thanks for taking a look.

I applied the patch to the Ubuntu build but it still crashes (new crashlog: http://sprunge.us/OhMT). I'm guessing the cache (generated on OpenELEC/RPi2) isn't usable on Ubuntu/x86_64, and this may be a red herring.

I'm currently building RPi2 with the patch to see if it makes any difference, before kicking off tonight's build.
Code:
This doesn't look right.
Can you test this patch:

Yep, that seems to have fixed the hang on OpenELEC/RPi2 when entering Music > Artists a second time when a cache file is present - nice!

Will include it in tonight's build #1228, hopefully @bill_orange can provide more positive results. Many thanks.

Edit: Fix has been merged and will be in the next build: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d8ec...4201c20d96
New OpenELEC K* build #1228: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0-rc7 #1 Mon Dec 28 22:03:24 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151228220234-#1228-g6551bd1 [Build #1228]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001697.294: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6551bd11, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d8ec0d51, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.4-rc7 kernel
  2. Fix copy & paste error causing Music library hang when reading cache file (thanks @bill_orange for reporting, @menakite for the fix)
  3. VideoPlayer updates - drop libmpeg2
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [pvr] - fix selecting a channel by id via json-rpc (PR:8660, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • [jsonrpc] CEpgInfoTag: fix serialization of "runtime" as an integer (in minutes) instead of as a string (PR:8676, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Revert "VideoPlayer: start players if audio is ready and video is jus… (PR:8685, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to 2.8.4-Jarvis-rc1-mp3 (PR:8649, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix copy and paste error (d8ec0d51)
  2. libnfs:
    • Handle POLLERR/POLLHUP properly and try to reconnect on failure (6f4ff862)
  3. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • kodi.guilib is mandatory, enforce it (PR:22, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Revert "kodi.guilib is mandatory, enforce it" (PR:23, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • kodi.guilib is mandatory, enforce it (PR:4, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: make ffmpeg and vaapi handle still frames (eda8b5ad)
      • VideoPlayer: don not force software decoder for DVDs (00b80f23)
      • VideoPlayer: drop libmpeg2 (b5dcd030)
      • VideoPlayer: implement drain for vdpau (bcc25b6e)
      • [mmalvideo] Switch to a condition variable when blocking waiting for a picture (1bb13476)
      • mmalcodec: Implement DVD_CODEC_CTRL_DRAIN to drain pictures (5ce7a391)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [omxcodec] Don't force software codec with dvds (55ffadb8)
      • [dvdplayervideo] Prod decoder when in stills mode (67c16280)
      • [mmal] Allow mmal codec for dvd stills (3ba952b3)
      • squash video (ae24babb)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: linux: bump to 4.4.0-rc7
    • Added: [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
(2015-12-29, 00:57)Milhouse Wrote: [*]VideoPlayer updates - drop libmpeg2

Please test DVDs and DVD menus with this update. There is now a cleaner scheme for handling menus with hardware acceleration.
Let me know if you spot any regressions.

I'm aware of one issue still present where you can get a pause then a few corrupt frames when switching (e.g. with Tina Turner sample),
but otherwise it's looking okay from here.
(2015-12-29, 01:14)popcornmix Wrote: Please test DVDs and DVD menus with this update.

My test DVD ISO (Hitchhikers Guide) plays fine - no issues navigating the menu, or playing tracks (seek and pause are working).

Doldi's MiniDVD (Alan Parsons) is also working - I can play tracks. However I can't pause or seek during playback, the transport buttons have no effect. Only STOP is working.
(2015-12-29, 01:27)Milhouse Wrote: My test DVD ISO (Hitchhikers Guide) plays fine - no issues navigating the menu, or playing tracks (seek and pause are working).

Doldi's MiniDVD (Alan Parsons) is also working - I can play tracks. However I can't pause or seek during playback, the transport buttons have no effect. Only STOP is working.

I can pause/resume (with space). No OSD controls or arrow key seeking (although I'm not sure whether that is expected to work - has it in the past?)
(2015-12-28, 23:49)Milhouse Wrote:
Code:
This doesn't look right.
Can you test this patch:

Yep, that seems to have fixed the hang on OpenELEC/RPi2 when entering Music > Artists a second time when a cache file is present - nice!

Will include it in tonight's build #1228, hopefully @bill_orange can provide more positive results. Many thanks.

Edit: Fix has been merged and will be in the next build: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d8ec...4201c20d96

Yes, that fixed it for me too. I will clear and rebuild the database and retest just to be sure.

Now that the lock-up is gone I want to test the database structure. Earlier, I thought I noticed a database structure problem when multiple artists are credited with the same track. It is likely to turn out to be a problem with my ripping. An example would be track 11 of the album Shaman. Under ARTISTS >> multiple entries appear, one for each artist. That's okay except that the track is only playable from one selection. That really smells like an ID3 tag problem on my end, to me. I will advise.

Bill
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6