• 24(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-29, 01:39)popcornmix Wrote: I can pause/resume (with space). No OSD controls or arrow key seeking (although I'm not sure whether that is expected to work - has it in the past?)

I'm using an Ortek VRC-1100 remote (USB IR dongle).

When playing a track from the Alan Parsons MiniDVD, the transport buttons (pause/play, ffw, rwd, skip next, skip previous) are working with build #1001. As an aside, the stream flags are visible in the OSD.

After build #1001, tracks from the MiniDVD would no longer play until the fix in build #1215 - in this and subsequent builds the tracks would play, and the transport buttons are working (although the flags are no longer visible in the OSD).

The transport buttons continue to work until build #1223 which is the first build when the transport buttons are no longer working.

Debug log from #1222 (mashing pause/play, ffwd, rwd, skip next/prev): http://sprunge.us/HhMA
Debug log from #1223 (mashing pause/play, ffwd, rwd, skip next/prev): http://sprunge.us/HhGH

In #1222, KEY_PLAY (my Play and Pause buttons - they both send the same code) has the action "PlayPause" but in #1223 the action changes to "Select". The remaining transport buttons (ffwd, rwd, skip next and skip previous) all have the same actions in both builds, however these buttons are ignored in build #1223 (and later builds).

The system and user keymaps are identical in both builds, so the change of KEY_PLAY action in #1223 and non-functioning ffwd, rwd, skip next and skip prev buttons would seem to be due to Kodi changes (VideoPlayer?)

I'm seeing the same transport button issues with my latest x86 build - in fact a few seconds after playing a track with the x86 build the static image switches to a green screen (I can still bring up the OSD over this green image) whereas on RPi the image is shown as expected.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-29, 01:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 00:57)Milhouse Wrote: [*]VideoPlayer updates - drop libmpeg2

Please test DVDs and DVD menus with this update. There is now a cleaner scheme for handling menus with hardware acceleration.
Let me know if you spot any regressions.

I'm aware of one issue still present where you can get a pause then a few corrupt frames when switching (e.g. with Tina Turner sample),
but otherwise it's looking okay from here.

Hi popcornmix,
i have not the issue with coruppt frames if i get pause (TT Musik DVD).
Corrupt frames are still present at the beginning -> "switch Audio options" -> "DTS" and then "start concert".
Switching Capters will work, only with a little buffering.

"MiniDVD (Alan Parsons) is only playing from the beginning - I can also play tracks.
However I can't pause or seek during playback, the transport buttons have no effect. Only STOP is working."

You right popcornmix.
(2015-12-18, 21:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 21:27)schub Wrote: I think i downgrade to some older version,
for the same test.

Report back if an older version fixes it. We have nightly builds going back months here.
If we can find the build that introduced the problem we can probably fix it.

Sorry for the long delay.
I was back to #1001 till i discovered that the problem is caused by some video-files.
Long time ago i had run tvheadend on this pi and recorded a bunch of movies for our kids.
From time to time i cut the videos with dvbcut and export them as MPEG-PS.
What i have found so far is, that i have some recorded movies which are uncut at the moment
and watching these movies results in a memory leak. It definitely only occurs with some
files recorded with an older tvheadend version. It also definitely occurs only when playing,
if i pause the video, no more memory is consumed. I don't have seems this problem with my
cutted videos, and it seems, that newer recordings are also not causing the problem.
Eventually the videos are defective and cause a memory leak within some error-correction routine inside VideoPlayer?
I don't know if you or somebody else want to find the problem or not? If yes i am willing to help,
if not its no problem, because i can cut or remux the problematic files.

Thanks
(2015-12-29, 14:25)schub Wrote: I was back to #1001 till i discovered that the problem is caused by some video-files.
Long time ago i had run tvheadend on this pi and recorded a bunch of movies for our kids.
What i have found so far is, that i have some recorded movies which are uncut at the moment
and watching these movies results in a memory leak. It definitely only occurs with some
files recorded with an older tvheadend version. It also definitely occurs only when playing,
if i pause the video, no more memory is consumed. I don't have seems this problem with my
cutted videos, and it seems, that newer recordings are also not causing the problem.
Eventually the videos are defective and cause a memory leak within some error-correction routine inside VideoPlayer?
I don't know if you or somebody else want to find the problem or not? If yes i am willing to help,

It's good to fix leaks or crashes even if they come from problematic files.

How easy is to reproduce? If you play a short video on repeat (add to playlist and then set playlist to repeat) does it consume all memory and crash kodi?
If so, then a sample file that provokes this would be useful.
(2015-12-29, 14:40)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 14:25)schub Wrote: I was back to #1001 till i discovered that the problem is caused by some video-files.

It's good to fix leaks or crashes even if they come from problematic files.

How easy is to reproduce? If you play a short video on repeat (add to playlist and then set playlist to repeat) does it consume all memory and crash kodi?
If so, then a sample file that provokes this would be useful.

I think i can reproduce the memory leak.
I have 100Mbyte from the beginning of the uncured video.
Playing it aging and again resulted in kodi.bin being killed by the oom-killer.
Do you have any idea where to upload the sample?

Thanks
(2015-12-29, 19:02)schub Wrote: I think i can reproduce the memory leak.
I have 100Mbyte from the beginning of the uncured video.
Playing it aging and again resulted in kodi.bin being killed by the oom-killer.
Do you have any idea where to upload the sample?

google drive or dropbox are good options.
@bill_orange regarding your id3-tag problem: which id3 are you using? Because only id3v2.4 or APEv2 support multiple tags officially. It is possible to create them with id3v2.3 too but it is not correctly regarding specification and as far as I remember kodi has it's problems with it (but last time I tested was before taglib got bumped, I have my whole tags in APEv2 and id3v2.4)
New OpenELEC K* build #1229: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0-rc7 #1 Tue Dec 29 21:06:11 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151229210359-#1229-ga9a4471 [Build #1229]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001696.103: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (a9a44713, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (026aad44, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [guilib] remove double call to UpdateButtons() may be causing a problem when entering Live TV - details in PR:8678
  2. VideoPlayer updates
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • linux: set CONFIG_USB_IPHETH=m (PR:4542, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [udevprovider] browse disk dialog is not wanted for blu-rays (PR:8690, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] remove double call to UpdateButtons() (PR:8678, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: drop draining demuxer on cell change - fixes audio corru… (PR:8696, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • playerfactory: rework (PR:8525, 6 commits, 59 files changed)
    • [addons] Write entry for available update to eventlog (PR:8669, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix duplicate key mapping (PR:8697, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [python] add method to get our useragent string (PR:8643, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [PVR] CDVDInputStreamPVRManager: Don't leak credentials (PR:8587, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Fix music/UPnP playback after PR 8525. (PR:8702, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [addons] move addon system settings to regular settings window (PR:8607, 5 commits, 22 files changed)
    • Fix CGUIWindowVideoNav::OnClick override after PR 8525. (PR:8703, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • do not hold graphicsContext lock during rendering (PR:8674, 3 commits, 15 files changed)
    • [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows. (PR:5752, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [guilib] properly set content types in music section (PR:8699, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] MyPics: set content to "images" when entering sources (PR:8679, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cleanup] nuke sap streams (PR:8612, 1 commit, 17 files changed)
    • Disable ratings button for plugins (PR:8488, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix context menu for "Add music..." item to remove "Scan to library" option (PR:8420, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: handle exceptions for cases a/v players do not signal started (721480da)
      • VideoPlayer: do not force software decoder for DVDs (1a110894)
      • mmalcodec: Add SetCodecControl function (98400637)
      • mmalcodec: Switch to a condition variable when blocking waiting for a picture (6e708ba5)
      • VideoPlayer: cleanup codec factory (8039003e)
      • - adapt MediaCodec to factory cleanup (2de1ef24)
      • - adapt video codec to factory cleanup (a9f3c0d2)
      • - adapt vtb to factory cleanup (96f02569)
      • - adapt video codec to factory cleanup (68d47535)
      • - adapt video codec to factory cleanup (e2fd97d9)
      • mmalcodec: Check for supported codecs inside mmal decoder (41cfd6f8)
      • fixup! [settings] Add settings option to enable MVC and frame packing support (3722efe5)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • GUIWindowManager: protect m_idCache with g_graphicsContext (21662712)
      • pvr/PVRManager: make m_pvrWindowIds "const" (daed72b4)
      • pvr: fix a bunch of deadlock bugs (fc688385)
      • epg/EpgContainer: fix deadlock bug in LoadFromDB() (9e8c6b9a)
      • remove glew, its superseded by egl (de5dcdda)
      • AdjustRefreshRate: Evaluate more decimal places fixes 59.950169 vs 59.940201 for 59.94 content (0270e2a3)
      • Fix assertion fail in Cutil::GetExternalStreamDetailsFromFilename (51ccce92)
      • Fix compile error on msvs2013 (43db1a92)
      • FFmpegImage: Implement Thumbnail extraction (jpg, png, alpha support) (c361ab70)
      • FFmpegImage: Fix scaling when textures are smaller than image dimensions (be3d211f)
      • FFmpegImage: Fix CID 1343330 and CID 1343329 (21fa0bb0)
      • FFmpegImage: Care when have jpeg as input (3ed13eab)
      • ImageFactory: Use FFmpegImage by default (170396b9)
      • FFmpegImage: Add jpeg 2000 (jp2) support (c4190290)
      • FFmpegImage: Add poor man's fallback (thx davilla) (87389e8e)
      • FFmpegImage: Check some more allocations (0f8a3cf7)
      • Fix tabs vs spaces in autobuild.sh (94274050)
      • VideoPlayer: flag pvr demuxer streams as realtime (28391faa)
      • [PVR] Add 'override' to all overridden PVR window member functions to silence llvm (xcode) warnings. (63854f9c)
      • [win32] Properly resetting display resources after resolution change. (fix trac #16472) (2c1cc208)
      • bump python for kodi k*** (d530a098)
      • VideoPlayer: start players if audio is ready and video is just a still frame (33561350)
      • VideoPlayer: fix busy loop in audio if stream is stalled (9019a074)
      • VideoPlayer: do not wait for msg queue to get drained on close, if stream players are no in sync (c50e6893)
      • VideoPlayer: fix dvd menus (8a72e0d0)
      • videoplayer: Protect null demuxer access (cf54d382)
      • VideoPlayer: change some debug hostile coding style (7e90e40e)
      • VideoPlayer: preserve speed of a/v players when close/open them (5b721b04)
      • [pvr] - fix selecting a channel by id via json-rpc (116a21f5)
      • [jsonrpc] CEpgInfoTag: fix serialization of "runtime" as an integer (in minutes) instead of as a string (814e0d87)
      • Revert "VideoPlayer: start players if audio is ready and video is just a still frame" (1d3832db)
      • drop method RenderNoPresent, it only has a singel function call (aca7cabd)
      • drop BeginPaint and EndPaint - no need for grabbing the gfx lock (e0778af2)
      • make sure not to hold gfx lock while rendering gui and video (025f934c)
      • VideoPlayer: handle exceptions when for cases a/v players do not signal started (dd244567)
      • VideoPlayer: don not force software decoder for DVDs (00b80f23)
      • [mmalrenderer] Add SetCodecControl function (10428590)
      • fixup build (30c20351)
      • [mmalvideo] Switch to a condition variable when blocking waiting for a picture (1bb13476)
  4. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • MMC: Do not use mmc_debug if CONFIG_MMC_BCM2835 is not set (8a8d4ac4)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-29, 23:56)shadowghost Wrote: @bill_orange regarding your id3-tag problem: which id3 are you using? Because only id3v2.4 or APEv2 support multiple tags officially. It is possible to create them with id3v2.3 too but it is not correctly regarding specification and as far as I remember kodi has it's problems with it (but last time I tested was before taglib got bumped, I have my whole tags in APEv2 and id3v2.4)

I am using 2.4. Once I deleted the data base and rebuilt it with build #1228, the odd behavior went away. Lots of power cycle reboots with the lock up testing may have corrupted it. I think this was some sort of idiopathic problem on my end.

Speaking of cleaning the library, I do have one question. System >> Setting >> Music >> Library >> Clean Library does not seem to do very much. If you run it a couple of times the album art might go away but the file structure remains intact. To delete the entire library database (file structure, lyrics, artist art found by scraper and ID3 tag info) I have been restoring a backup made prior to the library database build. I am not sure how 'Clean Library' is supposed to work, but it does not seem right to me.

Bill
Just noticed with 1229... The first time I go into live tv it has no channels and I can't do anything. If I exit to the home screen and come back into to live tv again, everything is there and working.
(2015-12-30, 03:16)zaphod24 Wrote: Just noticed with 1229... The first time I go into live tv it has no channels and I can't do anything. If I exit to the home screen and come back into to live tv again, everything is there and working.

Mentioned in the release note...

(2015-12-30, 00:02)Milhouse Wrote: Build Highlights:
  1. [guilib] remove double call to UpdateButtons() may be causing a problem when entering Live TV - details in PR:8678

It's being worked on - PR:8710.
Ok, thanks Milhouse! The way that sounded to me, they were trying to fix something, not that it might be the source of the problem. Hopefully it's resolved quickly and the good news is that entering a second time, everything is fine.
Hi.. I've been trying these builds in the hope they'd fix some issues I was having with blu ray iso's and 3d, etc.
It's made me curious about why java isn't included though. Without it I can't see how the libbluray's instantiation of a jvm can work and thus blu ray menu's will never work (I built my own libbluray to try and debug what was going on and how it worked).
I butchered in a jvm and I've gotten some menus to work.
Just hoping you might add java to the builds so I don't have to do this manually in the future.

Thanks for all your hard work.. really appreciate it.
Nope, no Java. Read the "feature requests" section in the first post.

I suspect the number of people that care about Blu-ray Java menus can be counted on one hand (most users will rip just the main feature), and the Java package is pretty substantial for such a niche feature resulting in a lot of bloat for no gain.

Your best option would be to package Java as an add-on so that those that want it can install it. This thread might be useful to you, if you haven't seen it already.
o/ I would like BD-J support as I'm not going to rip all my blu-rays and bloat my NAS Smile, but yeah, that's nothing to be discussed in here.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6