• 32(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-01-07, 01:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 00:34)MikeKL Wrote: I was surprised I was unable to play the files from music library options, as they all play fine when read directly from the folder?

Ah - someone else reporting music library playback is not working:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8724#i...-169471054

I concur. Music files play when accessed through FILES but not when accessed through ALBUMS.

**EDIT** The last build without this problem was #104

Bill
(2016-01-07, 04:15)J_E_F_F Wrote: I did that, no change, 7.0.0 seems to be the latest version and installed. reports iperf 2.0.5 via cmd line
I did not uninstall and reinstall however.

You should be seeing 7.0.1 as the version against iperf (this is the iperf addon version, not the iperf binary itself which is 3.1).

Can you enable debug logging, click on "Check for updates" (in the blade menu) and post your debug log if you still don't see any change - could be a mirror/cdn issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
will try it in the morning, thanks. Know I am looking for 7.0.1 now.
I have been installing the current builds so that I can try out hdhomerun for live tv as well as serverwmc however one annoying issue is the live tv buffering at start.
Recorded TV has no such issue play starts immediately and no buffering.

Using hdhomerun the live tv starts nearly instantly but then after few seconds than it stops for 5 to six seconds depending on channel to buffer. Using Openelec 6 live tv first buffers than it plays. I have tried running multiple kodi 17 windows version live tv is instant and no buffering so it is only in pi that is happening and only when using live tv. I have no advancedsettings file I have tried overclocking and no difference. I have tried putting a number of options in advancedsettings all to no avail. The pi is connected by Ethernet cable to a gigabit switch.

Do others experience this behaviour ? I have to say that the quality of the picture has significantly improved so thank you for all the work that has gone it.

Appreciate if anyone has suggestions

Thank you
(2016-01-07, 07:29)denz Wrote: I have been installing the current builds so that I can try out hdhomerun for live tv as well as serverwmc however one annoying issue is the live tv buffering at start.

Using hdhomerun the live tv starts nearly instantly but then after few seconds than it stops for 5 to six seconds depending on channel to buffer. Using Openelec 6 live tv first buffers than it plays. I have tried running multiple kodi 17 windows version live tv is instant and no buffering so it is only in pi that is happening and only when using live tv. I have no advancedsettings file I have tried overclocking and no difference. I have tried putting a number of options in advancedsettings all to no avail. The pi is connected by Ethernet cable to a gigabit switch.

Do others experience this behaviour ? I have to say that the quality of the picture has significantly improved so thank you for all the work that has gone it.

Thank you

Im seeing the exact same thing with the latest build. Live tv starts almost instantly which is nice but then after a few seconds it stops and buffers for 5-10 seconds Sad Im using Mediaportal tv-server as my backend. Recorded TV is instant and does not buffer.

Regards
Jacob
(2016-01-04, 17:42)niwa2 Wrote: Hi, i started using a PI2 with the #1203 build and a couple of things have bugged me since:
1) with 3D MVC iso files there is no language information for the audio streams and the subtitles --> i have already reported this in the old Kodi 16 thread. As i understand this is due to not using libbluray in this case and fixing this is not trivial at all. Is this beeing worked on?
2) the delay after change of refresh rate is not working at all
3) i have some files where jumping in time cause the movie to instanly start playing at the new position for about 3 to 4 seconds and then pauses for buffering. When i use "o" to view some more details, i can see that the buffer and vq are constantly filling to about 35% and then the video pauses and the buffers now fill quicker. Jumping to other times within the same movie does not cause the pause for buffering. In this case the buffer filled to 50% or more during the 3s period.
Is there any way to change the buffer logic to lower the threshold for rebuffering or give it some more time to fill the buffer. Since in my case the buffer is constantly filling, the pause for buffering is not needed at all.

For 2) and 3) i attached a Debug Log with build #0103

any word on this?

Thanks
@denz @mylle can you identify the first build with the buffering? Can you post a debug log (wiki).
(2016-01-07, 13:27)popcornmix Wrote: @denz @mylle can you identify the first build with the buffering? Can you post a debug log (wiki).

Sorry. I have not played with it for a while and just yesterday setup livetv. I will try to find time to go backwards in builds until i find a build that works. Where can i find ealier builds and is it as simple as just copying them to the update folder even though its older builds?

Thanks for all your hard work!

/Mylle
you can find all builds here:
http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/master/

The update folder works for up- and downgrade.
(2016-01-07, 14:30)niwa2 Wrote: you can find all builds here:
http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/master/

The update folder works for up- and downgrade.

Even easier is to use Leopold's OE Dev update add-on.
yes that is correct.

but i had to install it on OE5 before updating to milhouse's builds. once on his builds i guess some dependencys were not met and Dev Update was not shown after installing Leopold's repository.
(2016-01-07, 08:58)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 07:29)denz Wrote: I have been installing the current builds so that I can try out hdhomerun for live tv as well as serverwmc however one annoying issue is the live tv buffering at start.

Thank you

Im seeing the exact same thing with the latest build. Live tv starts almost instantly which is nice but then after a few seconds it stops and buffers for 5-10 seconds Sad Im using Mediaportal tv-server as my backend. Recorded TV is instant and does not buffer.

Regards
Jacob

Yes, I experience that as well except I'm using MythTV as the pvr backend. I'm pretty sure it's been that way for at least all of the 17/Krypton builds and perhaps back into the 16/Jarvis builds as well.
Hi there,

I've been testing these Nightlies because they are able to play HEVC material. With a little overclocking it works pretty decent already, but with one set of files coded in x265, i just get a pinkish scrambled image. Will post a picture if I'm at home later today.
Most of the material works fine, though.

Did anyone else experience something similar?
(2016-01-07, 17:01)Gerdistan Wrote: I've been testing these Nightlies because they are able to play HEVC material. With a little overclocking it works pretty decent already, but with one set of files coded in x265, i just get a pinkish scrambled image. Will post a picture if I'm at home later today.
Most of the material works fine, though.

Not something I'm aware of, but providing a sample file that demonstrates this will improve the chances of it being fixed.
(2016-01-07, 16:58)zaphod24 Wrote: Yes, I experience that as well except I'm using MythTV as the pvr backend. I'm pretty sure it's been that way for at least all of the 17/Krypton builds and perhaps back into the 16/Jarvis builds as well.
I don't have this problem with tvh and Jarvis (I'll have to check exact version later) but I did set it to buffer more than normal, so it takes several seconds to start when I select a channel.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6