• 53(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Hi,

I have been having an issue with WOL on my NAS before I play media, which has been going on for a while but I stayed on #1126, listed are the versions where the behaviour changes, or WOL mentioned in changelog:
#1126 Working
#1127 I get the WOL Message, Server Wakes, Get Remove from Library, Plays on second attempt
#1206 I get the WOL Message, Server does NOT wake, Get Remove from Library message.
#0110 Tested as there was a WOL fix mentioned, result the same as #1206.
Just spotted this one today:
#0123 No WOL message, No remove file message, just seems to hang until timeout.

On later versions I notice that after playing an episode the next episode I play I get a working notification box, I have to press stop and then try again and it plays, I believe this is related to the above.
(2016-01-24, 11:17)doldi Wrote: in this build #0123 AC3 /DTS only will work over HDMI,
if i switch several times passtrough on/off in the onscreen menue (loudspeaker icon) [Tina DVD]
Also shown now the correct info (SD/DTS) over the progressbar.

I'm not really understanding this report. Is AC3/DTS passthrough working with #0123?
Did it work better in #0120 (before the audio passthrough rework)?
(2016-01-24, 13:02)pl4tin Wrote: hi, i have something to report, in #0121 its ok,but in build#0122 and #0123 i can't install any addon from "install from zip" it gives me "disable- for security, installation of addon from unknown sources is disable". do you know something about this?
thanks

Seems to be working as intended, is the wording not sufficiently clear? This is a security feature to make it clear to users that installing add-ons/repositories from unknown sources is not necessarily a good idea.

When you get that dialog, click the "Settings" button, or navigate to Settings > System > Add-ons. If you do wish to install from Zip files then you need to enable "Unknown sources".

Read the prompts and setting description - it's up to you if you decide to enable or not.

The discussion in PR8857 might also be worth a read.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-01-24, 13:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 11:17)doldi Wrote: in this build #0123 AC3 /DTS only will work over HDMI,
if i switch several times passtrough on/off in the onscreen menue (loudspeaker icon) [Tina DVD]

I'm not really understanding this report. Is AC3/DTS passthrough working with #0123?
AC3 passthrough over HDMI is working for me in #0122. I don't see any changed behaviour then in previous builds. DTS I can't test over HDMI but it still works passtrough using HifiberryDigi+.
(2016-01-24, 13:24)rewsteruk Wrote: Hi,

I have been having an issue with WOL on my NAS before I play media, which has been going on for a while but I stayed on #1126, listed are the versions where the behaviour changes, or WOL mentioned in changelog:
#1126 Working
#1127 I get the WOL Message, Server Wakes, Get Remove from Library, Plays on second attempt
#1206 I get the WOL Message, Server does NOT wake, Get Remove from Library message.

On later versions I notice that after playing an episode the next episode I play I get a working notification box, I have to press stop and then try again and it plays, I believe this is related to the above.

@thosti reported some issues with WOL but then disappeared once the update went into build #0112 so there was never any confirmation it actually fixed anything.

You could test build #0110b just to narrow it down to PR7030 (or not). A debug log (wiki) from build #0123 demonstrating the WOL problems would also be helpful.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
0123 has introduced an issue for me:
When I mix playing 2D and 3D MVC movies than at some point the movies play with black screen and no audio. The gui is counting up the time though.
I have only tested with blue ray I so files. I only had to start a movie for a couple of seconds and then switch to another movie to produce the black image with no sound (one movie was 2D and the other 3D MVC).
0122 does not show this behavior.
With the rework of the pass through code, is it now possible to have the pi2 pass through all audio but decode the HD audio formats that it can not pass through and output those as pcm?
(2016-01-24, 14:11)niwa2 Wrote: With the rework of the pass through code, is it now possible to have the pi2 pass through all audio but decode the HD audio formats that it can not pass through and output those as pcm?

No. The only intended change is to use pause burst frames for silence rather than the incorrect sending of unencapsulated zeros.
(2016-01-24, 14:13)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 14:11)niwa2 Wrote: With the rework of the pass through code, is it now possible to have the pi2 pass through all audio but decode the HD audio formats that it can not pass through and output those as pcm?

No. The only intended change is to use pause burst frames for silence rather than the incorrect sending of unencapsulated zeros.

Thanks for the info.
I am still hoping that this will be possible in the future.

Hi popcornmix,
#0122 DTS do not work
#0123 DTS will work sporadically if i switch passtrough over HDMI on/off

btw:
see this new post

sorry for my bad, terrible english - in my native language all thing were easy to explain.
(2016-01-24, 13:44)Ollo Wrote:

AC3 passthrough over HDMI is working for me in #0122. I don't see any changed behaviour then in previous builds. DTS I can't test over HDMI but it still works passtrough using HifiberryDigi+.

Sorry, i'm speaking here about AC3 or DTS in 5.1 channel!

AC3 can also played with 2 Channels in Stereo. yes. work...but even not in 5.1,
You can take it from me, have tested builds #015, #019. #0120, #0122 and #0123

It is not a great help for me, if you are not able to test DTS5.1 or dolby'Digital in 5.1 on a multichannel Receiver. Sad
I have also hifiberry on my second RPi2 - works fine with 2 channels ;-)

have a look to #1001 - all AUDIO features works here fine
(2016-01-24, 13:55)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 13:24)rewsteruk Wrote: Hi,

#1126 Working

@thosti reported some issues with WOL but then disappeared once the update went into build #0112 so there was never any confirmation it actually fixed anything.

You could test build #0110b just to narrow it down to PR7030 (or not). A debug log (wiki) from build #0123 demonstrating the WOL problems would also be helpful.

Hi Millhouse
#0110b Works perfectly, on a quick test exactly like #1126, it seems to fix the other issue I mentioned where after watching a show the next show has a working notification and I need to stop then retry. You can see this in the logs for the episode called ‘The one where they build a house’

The log uploader did not work in #0123, had to downgrade to #0110b to upload, no popup to say do you want to upload. Might be related to the popups and notications missing I reported in #10123.

The Logs for #0123 are here http://xbmclogs.com/p4bche913 , there I no WOL popup at all, not even the 'Working' notification, I cannot move the cursor until it has timed out, the is NO remove file prompt. I used the episode ‘Good Grief’ for this test
(2016-01-24, 13:55)Milhouse Wrote: @thosti reported some issues with WOL but then disappeared once the update went into build #0112 so there was never any confirmation it actually fixed anything.

PR7030 was indeed the problem for me with the Kodi 16.0 builds http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2186917
(2016-01-24, 15:20)doldi Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 13:44)Ollo Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 13:31)popcornmix Wrote: I'm not really understanding this report. Is AC3/DTS passthrough working with #0123?

Sorry, i'm speaking here about AC3 or DTS in 5.1 channel!

AC3 can also played with 2 Channels in Stereo. yes. work...but even not in 5.1,
You can take it from me, have tested builds #015, #019. #0120, #0122 and #0123

It is not a great help for me, if you are not able to test DTS5.1 or dolby'Digital in 5.1 on a multichannel Receiver. Sad
I have also hifiberry on my second RPi2 - works fine with 2 channels ;-)

have a look to #1001 - all AUDIO features works here fine
Of course 5.1. What else? Smile
Again I can only say it still works on build #0122. And sorry that my TV does not let DTS passtrough for this reason I use the Hifiberry.
Don't worry, be happy Ollo ;-)

my TV also does not let DTS passtrough and for this reason I use an HDMI-Splitter with optical spdif-out (Ligawo) to my Yamaha Receiver.
On my Sony TV are only 2 HDMI inputs present - absolut nogo, because i need minimum 6 Inputs ;-)

All works fine in the past - but since latest builds #0115 to #0123 i noticed "my" problem with DTS/DD passtrough with my Raspberry on the TV.

Ollo, works the >>| button for You when playing a DVD to skip in the next Chapter (#0123) ?

My second Raspberry with hifiberry DAC+ is connected with an older AltecLansing Desktop System, no Problem here (Stereo)

....wish a good evening :-)
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6