• 61(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-01-31, 23:05)vandamme Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 10:43)niwa2 Wrote: I can confirm the total duration bug.
I found a 3DMVC iso file in my collection that shows the behavior. This seems to be the only file i have that shows this behavior.
The total time increases with the play time plus about 7-10s for buffering.

Debug Log #0130b

I do not know when this bug whas introduced. It is definately present in #0129 and #0130b.

Also the delay after refresh rate change is still not working for me.

This bug was introduced in build #0123.
Everything is perfect in build #0122 for me, could you confirm this on your side ?

I went from #0122 to #0129. #0122 did not show this bug as far as i can remember.
Something got worse with the refresh rate change with 3d MVC iso content in #0131.
The movie starts playing (with the correct refresh rate) and about 5s later the refreshrate changes again. After that the movie is far from smooth playing (like 1fps).
The stuttering happens on 3D MVC mkv as well but without the additional refreshrate change.
Debug log #0131
(2016-02-01, 17:59)niwa2 Wrote: Something gut worse withe the refreshrate change with 3d MVC iso content in #0131.
The movie starts playing (with the correct refresh rate) and about 5s later the refreshrate changes again. After that the movie is far from smooth playing (like 1fps).
The stuttering happens on 3D MVC mkv as well but without the additional refreshrate change.
Debug log #0131

I will check if I have this problem of refresh rate on my 3D MVC mkv tonight on latest build.
(2016-02-01, 19:10)vandamme Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 17:59)niwa2 Wrote: Something gut worse withe the refreshrate change with 3d MVC iso content in #0131.
Debug log #0131

I will check if I have this problem of refresh rate on my 3D MVC mkv tonight on latest build.

I just noticed that #0130 suffers from the double refresh rate change as well. I don't know when this started.
I didn't notice this 1 FPS refresh rate problem on 3 BD 3D ISO I just tested with latest build.
Nonetheless, the very annoying problem of wrong display time is still here even with latest build.
I tested with videoplayer and omxplayer.
I set the "Adjust Refresh Frequency" to always.
New OpenELEC Krypton build #0201: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.0 #1 Mon Feb 1 21:08:02 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  1 2016 17:54:49
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b3dc56931507f355d503ea69397778643f7a3dc3 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160201210709-#0201-g455a1b3 [Build #0201]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001730.958: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (455a1b39, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c5ec4161, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware with schmoo support for better Pi2 sdram overclocking.

I'm able to hit a stable 600MHz with the following and this new firmware (your mileage may vary):
    Code:
    sdram_freq=600
    over_voltage_sdram=5
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
    The increased sdram bandwidth is a benefit with HEVC playback, particularly at 1080p.

For testing, reduce gpu_mem to 64 (in order to test as much RAM as possible) then:
    Code:
    wget http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/memtester -O ~/memtester && chmod +x ~/memtester
    systemctl stop kodi
    ~/memtester 850
    See sdram overclocking discussion for more details.

2. Partially strip libc which may provide improved stacktraces in non debug-enabled builds
  3. libnfs 1.10.0
  4. PR7030 updated with WOL fixes, @rewsteruk please confirm if this fixes remaining issue
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 1):
    • firmware: audioplus: pause burst frames use 32-bits as payload length
    • firmware: Fix typos in various headers. See: link
    • firmware: Video_encode: Support OMX_IndexConfigVideoIntraVOPRefresh. See: link
    • firmware: Add support for VC_IMAGE_BGR888/OMX_COLOR_Format24bitRGB888 to video_render
    • firmware: Rawcam: Add some more debug, and support for RGB888 and BGR888
    • firmware: bootcode: Remove support for CM msd as it is not believed to be used
    • firmware: bootcode: Avoid controlling LED gpio on CM
    • firmware: Add logging for clock management from the videocore. Using vcdbg log msg the logging will include setting of channel and output frequencies
    • firmware: platform: Add config option to adjust sdram schmoo settings. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add mailbox properties to get and set gpio state
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add Pi0 model string
    • firmware: platform: Don't default to overscan if we're recovery.elf
  2. OpenELEC:
    • installer: Bump FAT partition size in line with disk image (PR:4666, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • Fix AudioLibrary.GetSongs missing songs when using limits (PR:8993, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • remove boost from GUIFontCache (PR:8996, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: Avoid deadlock with m_StateSelection (PR:9007, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [json-rpc] Append uniqueid to PVR.Details.Channel (PR:8424, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • boost/sha1: cleanup usage of boost/static_assert (PR:9010, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [tests] remove TimeUtils "tests" (PR:9022, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • AE: fixes after recent work on passthrough (PR:9017, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • bug fix for http://trac.kodi.tv #16515 (PR:9015, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • boost can go. (PR:9021, 3 commits, 13 files changed)
  4. libnfs:
    • Includes: Don't install win32/win32_compat.h (49eaca0c)
    • New version 1.10.0 (04363a92)
    • Use a single allocation for both rpc_pdu and zde_decode_buf (8c391edb)
    • Use a single allocation for zdr_mem and the payload (e3cf6748)
    • Remove the zdr_malloc call when decoding a BYTES blob (62daa224)
    • Try to avoid allocating memory during zdr string decoding (4476f11b)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Revert "Revert "ActiveAE: Enable display lost callbacks for EGL"" (3635d355)
      • VideoPlayer: refactor DemuxerClient (ex PVR) (62829721)
      • kill ugly macro (eb0e0d24)
      • VideoPlayer: open DemuxClient if inputStream handles demuxing (0b162ed9)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: Avoid deadlock with m_StateSelection (c48d21e5)
      • AE: fix number of provided buffers to input stream, 86301d8f5abd081792520d69752a519e1cc666e0 already fixed GetCacheTime and added resample buffers a second time (e9f17179)
  6. kernel 4.4.y:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • fixup! bcm270x_dt: Add dwc2 and dwc-otg overlays (18c241c9)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:4656: various build fixes
    • Added: [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Re: overclocking, can you please provide a dummies suggested version we can just copy/paste into config? Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-02-02, 02:51)hdmkv Wrote: Re: overclocking, can you please provide a dummies suggested version we can just copy/paste into config? Thanks.

See release post. I was quite lucky and managed to reach 600MHz with custom sdram drive levels (schmoo), although as with all overclocking, what works for me might not work for you.

530MHz-550MHz should be possible for most Pi2 with stock over_voltage_sdram and stock schmoo values. Beyond this upper frequency you will probably need to apply a custom schmoo value to hit higher frequencies up to 600Mhz, although none of these overclocked frequencies are guaranteed.

To determine the best setting for your hardware you really need to go through the usual overclocking procedure of increasing srdam_freq and over_voltage_sdram incrementally until you reach a limit (run memtester to see if your sdram passes or fails), then start applying schmoo values at the command line (see overclocking discussion thread) which should help restore stability at higher frequencies. Once you've determined your best settings, add them to config.txt.

If you want to discuss Pi2 sdram overclocking I'd suggest a separate thread where this discussion can be more focused.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Since build 0125 the DVBLink PVR addon doesn't work anymore. Is this known?
(2016-02-02, 10:32)nexusle Wrote: Since build 0125 the DVBLink PVR addon doesn't work anymore. Is this known?

Probably the 4.2.0 bump. As per the request in #0125, your debug log will confirm this.
How to fix that?
Upload your debug log (wiki) which will confirm what the issue is, then someone can decide whether they want to fix it or not.
@Milhouse - replying here as I do not have permission to reply to your private message.

Initial testing with confluence shows that the WOL works, but it only shows a Working... notification box, but I am not sure if the WOL dialog box was part of the Mimic skin I was using, it told me that it was trying to WOL the server, in my case, called Hyper.
(2016-02-02, 12:39)nexusle Wrote: How to fix that?

Assuming this is due to the 4.2.0 API bump, without an active maintainer to provide a patch for pvr.dvblink this PVR client will most likely be marked as broken at the end of the month, at which point there will be no further point including it in the build.
(2016-02-02, 12:51)rewsteruk Wrote: @Milhouse - replying here as I do not have permission to reply to your private message.

Initial testing with confluence shows that the WOL works, but it only shows a Working... notification box, but I am not sure if the WOL dialog box was part of the Mimic skin I was using, it told me that it was trying to WOL the server, in my case, called Hyper.

Test only with stock Confluence. Most other skins are broken right now and will confuse the WOL results.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6