OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Hello, I'd like to request some small changes and additions to the Backup system in order to enhance the user experience and make the whole process less tedious.
"Backup-script" addon does not restore everything, so I would prefer to use native functions.

1) Add a "Target path" option in order to allow Kodi to backup onto anything else beside local storage (in my case it's a cramped SD-card, so it's only logical to be able to store it via local network at shared disk)
2) Add a "Backup" pictogram (icon) to program menu (instead of searching for it thru the whole system menu), that would invoke a prompt "Create new backup or restore one of the previous?".
3) If user chooses "Restore", instead of opening the filesystem, an interface could show a simple list of available backups from "target path" (in "date time filesize" manner) along with "More..." button which would invoke the filesystem dialog.

P.S.
4) Sometimes there's a need to restart Kodi without the rest of OS. Please add another item to the Shutdown menu: "Restart shell (Kodi)" or "Fast reboot"

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by ruser - 2016-02-08, 16:31
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6