OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-02-08, 16:31)ruser Wrote: Hello, I'd like to request some small changes and additions to the Backup system in order to enhance the user experience and make the whole process less tedious.
"Backup-script" addon does not restore everything, so I would prefer to use native functions.

1) Add a "Target path" option in order to allow Kodi to backup onto anything else beside local storage (in my case it's a cramped SD-card, so it's only logical to be able to store it via local network at shared disk)
2) Add a "Backup" pictogram (icon) to program menu (instead of searching for it thru the whole system menu), that would invoke a prompt "Create new backup or restore one of the previous?".
3) If user chooses "Restore", instead of opening the filesystem, an interface could show a simple list of available backups from "target path" (in "date time filesize" manner) along with "More..." button which would invoke the filesystem dialog.

P.S.
4) Sometimes there's a need to restart Kodi without the rest of OS. Please add another item to the Shutdown menu: "Restart shell (Kodi)" or "Fast reboot"

The backup script add on has options to backup more stuff than just the default selections and does everything you mentioned in your post. I backup to an smb share. If I use restore I have options to pick by date all the backup I made.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by dukester - 2016-02-08, 18:20
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6