• 77(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-02-15, 20:02)garbear Wrote: We've updated the patch to be a little smarter detecting joysticks, so now these devices should be able to coexist. Look for the next build with PR 8807 (which includes 8385) to see if it's fixed.

(2016-02-16, 01:45)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Krypton build #0215:
Build Highlights:
  1. Reintroduce PR8807 with improved touchscreen detection - please test & report

Yes, my RasPi obeys to my fingertip with #0215. Smile

And the kodi.log tells me:

Code:
16:53:59  20.830269 T:1962942464  NOTICE: Found a non joystick : use it as standard kodi input device - /dev/input/event0

Thanks for fixing "my" problem...
First off thank you for the latest build 0215 including HD home run pvr. I wanted to point out that even with little memory use HD video in either pvr tuner or Home run add on freezes are quite common. In SD it seems to work fine. I suspect with my limited knowledge of PI2 only on second build it is the hardware itself. Even with enough memory available. I still use my windows based machine as a primary but this sure looks promising.
Hello again,
in this build i have also problems with DTS Passtrough over HDMI.
Playing DTS miniDVD AlanParsonsProjekt
Blanking screen, first song without audio, start next chapter DTS plays.

here is a logfile

Tina DVD starts without sound (?), Audio Options in dvdMenue=DTS5.1 is working.
On other DVD's i have selected also DTS, but would start in playing dolby-digital.

Somtimes, if i skip forward (next chapter), i am on the next DVD on my samba harddisk - not on the playing dvd.

In old Jarvis #1001 there all working fine.
(2016-02-16, 17:42)popcornmix Wrote: Anyone who is using the analogue/headphone socket on the Pi, please try the new sigma-delta audio driver.
You need these settings in config.txt
Code:
disable_pvt=1
force_turbo=1
audio_pwm_mode=2
audio_sdm_mod_order=2
More details here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...9&t=136445

(be aware that force_turbo in conjunction with over_voltage may set your warranty bit - disable overclock first if you care).

That will need a manual firmware update for now - but that will be in tonight's build.

I use nalogue jack output together with MPD server. Do you know if this driver also has a benefit with 44kHz audio? And is "forece_turbo" necessary or optional?
(2016-02-16, 19:58)herrmeier01 Wrote: I use nalogue jack output together with MPD server. Do you know if this driver also has a benefit with 44kHz audio? And is "forece_turbo" necessary or optional?

Without force_turbo=1 an sdram frequency change may cause an audio glitch.
Instead of force_turbo=1, sdram_freq=400 should also work (as turbo sdram frequency will equal normal frequency).
Evening.

I'm new to this but I have something odd to report.

Whenever I play a 3D iso film (ripped bluray), there's only noise coming out from my speakers.
If I disable OMX, sounds is restored to normal but MMAL seems unable to keep up (film is lagging).

If this is unexpected, how can I help (and be helped)?

Many thanks for these nightlies :-)

Edit. I should mention the sound is 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby truehd or DTS-MA.
Edit 2. Oh, and Avengers: Age of Ultron gives a black screen (also 3D iso)
I have just made a fresh install of OpenElec Kodi 15.2 Official on my Pi2 and then updated to New OpenELEC Krypton build #0215
..but I can´t find pvr.dvbviewer client ?
(2016-02-16, 20:13)Alektopat Wrote: Evening.

I'm new to this but I have something odd to report.

Whenever I play a 3D iso film (ripped bluray), there's only noise coming out from my speakers.
If I disable OMX, sounds is restored to normal but MMAL seems unable to keep up (film is lagging).

If this is unexpected, how can I help (and be helped)?

Many thanks for these nightlies :-)

Edit. I should mention the sound is 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby truehd or DTS-MA.
Edit 2. Oh, and Avengers: Age of Ultron gives a black screen (also 3D iso)

Very similar to my issue (HD audio being transcoded to 2 channel LPCM instead of multichannel). My problem happens with 3D MVC MKV. Can you try converting bluray ISO to MVC MKV using Makemkv to see if you have similar results?
(2016-02-16, 20:13)Alektopat Wrote: If I disable OMX, sounds is restored to normal but MMAL seems unable to keep up (film is lagging).

I think I have exactly the same problem :
Film is lagging with VideoPlayer but not with OMXPlayer
(2016-02-16, 20:14)bylderup Wrote: I have just made a fresh install of OpenElec Kodi 15.2 Official on my Pi2 and then updated to New OpenELEC Krypton build #0215
..but I can´t find pvr.dvbviewer client ?

Read the #0215 release notes. See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8736#i...-184217032 for more details.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Quote:Without force_turbo=1 an sdram frequency change may cause an audio glitch.
Instead of force_turbo=1, sdram_freq=400 should also work (as turbo sdram frequency will equal normal frequency).

I tested the new sigma-delta audio driver...
As you told there are sometimes some audio glitches because I didn't set force_turbo. But sounds well with MPD when playing flac, mp3 or webradio.

Is there any debugging for verify setup?

This is my Pi2 config

max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
audio_sdm_mod_order=2

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=2
force_turbo=0
temp_limit=78
disable_pvt=1
(2016-02-16, 17:42)popcornmix Wrote: Anyone who is using the analogue/headphone socket on the Pi, please try the new sigma-delta audio driver.

More details here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...9&t=136445

(be aware that force_turbo in conjunction with over_voltage may set your warranty bit - disable overclock first if you care).

That will need a manual firmware update for now - but that will be in tonight's build.

I'll try the new analogue driver, but I'd like to try it in 15.2 or 16.0 when it's available. I don't see any firmware commits on github related to this...Is this a firmware only change or is there something else too?
Firmware:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...aster/boot

fixup_x.dat
start_x.elf
Ok. Sorry I didn´t notice that.
I asked the developer in the pvr.dvbviewer section of this forum to fix the problem
he was / is on holdidays last days
The only problem I have with OMXPlayer is that resume/seek function does not work at all contrary to VideoPlayer.
But, VideoPlayer is not fluid at all on many MVC 3D mkv files.
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6