OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-02-23, 23:08)Milhouse Wrote: Are you absolutely certain it's the ABB artist/album that's the problem? I unzipped your ABB archive into a network folder called "Music", added this folder as a music source (once as smb://, a second time nfs://), then scanned the contents - no problems either time. If you do the same, is yours still crashing?

It's *all* my folders that cause the problem - ABB is just one example, in each case, removing the NFO files allows Kodi to scan the albums into the Library, or going back to #0210 allows it to scan it with the NFO files present. Once it's scanned into the library then later version are quite happy.

Is it possible that it's not Kodi related but Openelec related?

Have just copied 0223g onto the rPi, so will reboot it and see if it's any different.

I'll also create a brand new folder on the server and see whether that equally suffers - I'll also copy the ABB folder onto the Pi's SD card, would narrow it down to whether it's source dependent.

EDIT - Testing Done - all with #0223g

Test 1: Install #0223g and 'Update Library'
Result: Still crashes in the same way when looking at the network source and finding a new artist/album with a NFO file

Test 2: Extracted the same ABB.ZIP that I gave you earlier on and put that in /storage/music and asked Kodi to scan that as a new music source..
Result: To my utter surprise - it promptly crashed and restarted Kodi in exactly the same manner.

Test 3: Rename/move all the MyMusic??.db files and start all over from scratch - see if it's something that failed to upgrade properly..
Result: Nope - attempting to scan to library the /storage/music/ABB folder causes the restart.

Test 4: Repeat Test3 for Addons??.db
Result: No change - still restarts on local file

Test 5: Remove artist.nfo and album.nfo
Result: Imports fine (then delete the source so I can repeat)

Test 6: Remove album.nfo and leave artist.nfo
Result: Imports fine (then delete source so I can repeat)

Test 7: Delete contents of album.nfo (just leaving the <album></album> tags)
Result: Restarts Kodi

All of the crashes have a consistent stacktrace
Code:
#0  0x007945cc in CNfoFile::Create(std::string const&, std::shared_ptr<ADDON::CScraper> const&, int) ()
#1  0x00993e60 in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DownloadAlbumInfo(CAlbum const&, std::shared_ptr<ADDON::CScraper> const&, MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicAlbumInfo&, CGUIDialogProgress*) ()
#2  0x009948e4 in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::UpdateDatabaseAlbumInfo(CAlbum&, std::shared_ptr<ADDON::CScraper> const&, bool, CGUIDialogProgress*) ()
#3  0x00996770 in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::RetrieveMusicInfo(std::string const&, CFileItemList&) ()
#4  0x00996e48 in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(std::string const&) ()
#5  0x00996eac in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(std::string const&) ()
#6  0x00996eac in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(std::string const&) ()
#7  0x00996350 in MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::Process() ()
#8  0x009f6e88 in CThread::Action() ()
#9  0x009f76c8 in CThread::staticThread(void*) ()
#10 0x76d3bed0 in start_thread (arg=0x5e2e13a0) at pthread_create.c:335

I've run out of things to think about testing now - ideas welcome..

EDIT2 - Is there any reason why CMusicInfoScanner:Big GrinownloadAlbumInfo does result = nfoReader.Create(strNfo, info); but CNfoFile create() seems to expect 3 arguments - if it's optional don't you have to specify a default value? I'm not a C++ programmer so that may be irrelevant Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by stourwalk - 2016-02-24, 01:55
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6