Thread Closed
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-05, 04:55)MarkT Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 16:41)pappaganush Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 09:34)opeters Wrote: That’s unfortunate. Can’t use another backend since only DVBLink works with my current AnySee tuners.
I could be out of place here but maybe this would be the time to switch to TVHeadend?

Good luck getting any vendor to support Kodi, not going to happen in 9 out of 10 cases imho. Just like Hifiberry, they all don't have a budget for it.

As for your problem, TVheadend will take a bit to learn, because it is a little over-engineered with regard to the channel lists. If you can spare
a few evenings of tinkering, it is very very powerful and flexible. Depending on the jurisdiction you are in, using it with oscam and e.g. a USB
smartcard reader might work and might even be legal. Don't discuss here though, use a search engine and a more appropriate site for CA.

Another option might be abandoning linear TV altogether and subscribe to a service like Netflix. There were times in my life when I watched
500 channels and after a couple of months it dawned on me that I wasn't really missing anything by not watching any of them.

Thanks for your comment. Just want to use the PVR for my default subscribed channels since it works and looks way better than on my 2015 Sony TV,
TVHeadend should support my USB Tuner's so I will give it a try then on the Pi3.

Shouldn't TVHeadend come with the OpenElec builds? Can't find the TVHeadend Backend in "Settings -> Add-ons -> Services -> tvheadend" as stated per Wiki ?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Thread Closed

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by opeters - 2016-03-06, 12:26
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)56
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.