• 102(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
i enabled the joystick add-on and Kodi crashed hard (black screen). I rebooted in got stuck in a crash loop. Kodi would boot to black screen then restart (kodi animation, splash screen, black screen).

I had to downgrade to recover. I can try the upgrade again later; is there a way to run the kodi log uploader add-on through terminal? If not what files will you need?

Also, i noticed after initial upgrade it reset all of my video/audio/region/etc settings.
A crashlog would be useful. Note #4, first post.

You can run the devupdate at the command line with:
Code:
~/devupdate
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Trying to watch recorded TV with 0311 results in a no playback, a freeze and eventually an out of memory error in dmesg. Going back to 0310, everything is ok.
(2016-03-12, 05:32)zaphod24 Wrote: Trying to watch recorded TV with 0311 results in a no playback, a freeze and eventually an out of memory error in dmesg. Going back to 0310, everything is ok.

journalctl, crashlog, dmesg would all be useful.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-12, 03:36)jarvismeier Wrote: i enabled the joystick add-on and Kodi crashed hard (black screen). I rebooted in got stuck in a crash loop. Kodi would boot to black screen then restart (kodi animation, splash screen, black screen).

I had to downgrade to recover. I can try the upgrade again later; is there a way to run the kodi log uploader add-on through terminal? If not what files will you need?

Also, i noticed after initial upgrade it reset all of my video/audio/region/etc settings.

If you enable the joystick and get stuck in a Kodi restart loop, run the following to disable the joystick from the command line:
Code:
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons22.db "update installed set enabled=0 where addonID='peripheral.joystick'"

I have a debug-enabled crashlog now: http://sprunge.us/BBXE
Does anyone know where the actual skin.estuary is located in OpenELEC builds? I wanted to make a small tweak to it (I have to see the number of unwatched episodes from the title list view). I found it for win32 but it is not where I expected it to be .kodi\addons\skin.estuary\ for OpenELEC.

Thanks in advance.
-Darren
(2016-03-12, 06:04)darebee Wrote: Does anyone know where the actual skin.estuary is located in OpenELEC builds? I wanted to make a small tweak to it (I have to see the number of unwatched episodes from the title list view). I found it for win32 but it is not where I expected it to be .kodi\addons\skin.estuary\ for OpenELEC.

Thanks in advance.
-Darren

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary which is in the read-only partition.

If you want to modify skin.estuary you'll need to follow the same procedure used by those who wanted to modify Confluence - copy the skin.estuary folder to /storage/.kodi/addons, change the addon id and name in addon.xml, then restart kodi and finally switch to your new custom skin.

Obviously as new updates are applied to the stock Estuary skin you'll need to re-apply your changes, or live without.
(2016-03-12, 06:22)Milhouse Wrote: /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary which is in the read-only partition.

If you want to modify skin.estuary you'll need to follow the same procedure used by those who wanted to modify Confluence - copy the skin.estuary folder to /storage/.kodi/addons, change the addon id and name in addon.xml, then restart kodi and finally switch to your new custom skin.

Obviously as new updates are applied to the stock Estuary skin you'll need to re-apply your changes, or live without.

Milhouse, thanks for the super fast response. It didn't quite work:

Does the skin.foldername have to match the addon id? I tried these steps with leaving it as skin.estuary and skin.myestuary and change the addon id and name to match and after a reboot I still cannot select my new skin... Thoughts?
The following will create you a copy of Estuary called MyEstuary:

Code:
rm -fr /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.myestuary
cp -r /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.myestuary
sed -i '/<addon/ s/Estuary/My&/;s/estuary/my&/' /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.myestuary/addon.xml
systemctl restart kodi

New addons (including skins) are disabled by default.

Go to Addons > Add-on browser > My add-ons > Look and feel > Skin, click on "MyEstuary", then "Enable" and finally "Use".
Milhouse,

That's all it was. I had to enable and use it. Thanks a million!

-Darren
(2016-03-12, 04:26)Milhouse Wrote: A crashlog would be useful. Note #4, first post.

You can run the devupdate at the command line with:
Code:
~/devupdate

I've updated again however I'm unable to reproduce the crash. If it happens again I'll upload crash logs.
Some hd livetv channels aren't working anymore with latest build.
http://sprunge.us/cTOH
(2016-03-12, 06:01)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 05:32)zaphod24 Wrote: Trying to watch recorded TV with 0311 results in a no playback, a freeze and eventually an out of memory error in dmesg. Going back to 0310, everything is ok.

journalctl, crashlog, dmesg would all be useful.

I was afraid you'd say that Smile

dmesg -> http://sprunge.us/HNLg
journalctl -> http://sprunge.us/XOXW
kodi.old.log (kodi restarted eventually) -> http://sprunge.us/MPjI
The "OpenELEC Add-ons" repository doesn't work when doing a clean install.
Is there a way to manually access this repository?
Hi All
I just bought a rpi 3 and loaded the #311 build. when streaming live tv hd channels i get buffering every few seconds. i bought the mpeg 2 license (which im not sure if used for hd content).
I've set the advancedsettings as recommended with 0 cache...
I thought of overclocking the device but try to solve the issue on standard configuration.
Do anyone have an idea?
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6