Thread Closed
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
A follow up to the sound problems with the audio extractor....

I have found that non DTS or DD files will play fine as there is no "switch" to the DTS or DD needed.

In all the other log files posted I used two films as examples "300" as it has a DTS soundtrack and "A beautiful Mind" as it has a DD soundtrack.

If I play these files with build 314 (like all the others of these builds) there will be no DTS or DD sound heard. The Amp is showing no digital source.

BUT.....

If, whilst the film is playing I bring up the info for the film and select the settings and then"Audio and Subtitle Settings" and then flip the "Enable Passthrough" to off and then after a second back to on I then get a digital signal and sound is fine BUT it is not noted as DTS but simply "Digital".

When playing with OSMC (Kodi 16) or OE 6.0.3 (Kodi 15.2) all is perfect with DTS Digital being shown.

Next film.... A beautiful Mind with DD

Because this also has another sound track as well as DD I initially get sound but not DD. The amp shows "No Digital Data" however if I repeat the steps above by flipping off and then on the passthrough I will then get a Digital signal and all is well.

Log files when I do this.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jp330teck3v3wd...4.zip?dl=0

as noted OSMC and OE are both perfect and identify and play DTS and DD with no issues.

The issues are only with Kodi 17 builds.

If I play any material with DTS or DD sound I need to do the above if I use Kodi 17 but not any other.

Hope the above helps Smile
  Thread Closed

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Vimes - 2016-03-15, 10:48

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)56
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.