• 107(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-15, 14:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 10:48)Vimes Wrote: A follow up to the sound problems with the audio extractor....

Identifying the first Milhouse build with this issue would be useful.
Might be worth trying the hdmi_audio_config options from here.

I'll take a read when I get home. By trying the older builds will they all work with the Pi 3....?
(2016-03-15, 17:10)Vimes Wrote: I'll take a read when I get home. By trying the older builds will they all work with the Pi 3....?

At a guess I'd expect builds back to about #0129 will probably work on Pi3.
Older builds can be persuaded to work by copying firmware.
(2016-03-15, 13:47)Jönke Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 03:39)zaphod24 Wrote: Similar to Loc2262, 0314 is still broken for playing back recorded TV and live TV continues to work fine. I'm using mythtv.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9359

Thank you!!
(2016-03-15, 10:48)Vimes Wrote: A follow up to the sound problems with the audio extractor....

I have found that non DTS or DD files will play fine as there is no "switch" to the DTS or DD needed.

If I play any material with DTS or DD sound I need to do the above if I use Kodi 17 but not any other.

Hope the above helps Smile

It sounds like you got yourself HDMI audio extractor. What type is it?

I have an old non HDMI (back from DVD days) 7.1 high current amp and I had to get one of those HDMI extractors. I bought no name true matrix 2x4 HDMI switch with stereo line out (used for headphone amp) and optical SPDIF audio out to my old receiver. Typically those extractors have 3 settings - 2Ch LPCM, SPDIF (DD, DTS over optical, coax) and pass through to TV. The selector switch or something similar supposed to pass the info to player (Raspberry Pi) to configure the sound properly over HDMI port. Mine is automatic detecting what is connected but it has a button on remote control to cycle through all 3 modes. On occasion (I don't think it's every time) I get the same issue as you described - no sound with DD/DTS. Anything that initialize the player will bring the sound back - "y" on the keyboard and select the player again, force new refresh rate ex. 24Hz from 23.97, disable pass through, or mode change on audio extractor. It's not a major issue but it could be related to the extractor switching or refreshing tags on signal delay or something similar.

The sound quality from my extractor is very good. No distortion or any digital noise from analog line our or optical port compared to Raspberry Pi internal stereo line out jack.

I'm thinking of getting one of those extractors with analog 7.1 LPCM RCA analog out. The similar unit with 4 x 3.5mm jacks analog out burned out when connected to my Epson projector. I had to return it for refund.
(2016-03-15, 17:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 17:10)Vimes Wrote: I'll take a read when I get home. By trying the older builds will they all work with the Pi 3....?

At a guess I'd expect builds back to about #0129 will probably work on Pi3.
Older builds can be persuaded to work by copying firmware.

mmmm worked my way up to build 218 and yet I would still get a multi coloured screen on first boot after having a working 6.0.3 and then using the update tool to download and update the Pi to the builds suggested to try.

As a side note I have now tried a build of Kodi 16 OE for the Pi and that works great with perfect DD and DTS pickup and playback.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0jhy0f3ysok6i...-RPi3?dl=0

I believe they are built by CvH.
#0314, on RPI3
I had to reinstal Openelec, building it up from an older image I still had.
Now Dolby and DTS are both not working on my system.
I enabled PassTrough, and switched on de dolby and DTS capable receiver
Normally the amp switches to dolby or DTS, but at this time
sound is only produced in two channel.

Is there anything I can check? Mayby a known issue?
before I do a new installation

If I connect my Windows KODI it works fine, so I think it has someting to do with the RPI installation
(2016-03-15, 20:32)arnoldjan Wrote: Is there anything I can check? Mayby a known issue?

Passthrough is disabled when "sync playback to display" is enabled if you don't have "PLL adjustment to maintain audio sync" enabled.
(2016-03-15, 22:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 20:32)arnoldjan Wrote: Is there anything I can check? Mayby a known issue?

Passthrough is disabled when "sync playback to display" is enabled if you don't have "PLL adjustment to maintain audio sync" enabled.

I did a rollback to 6.03 and discovered that dolby is playing but DTS not.. so my info was not completely correct

Then I went back to the latest version and search for "sync playback to display"
I could not find this, but I set the PLL adjustment to low
now Dolby plays :-) but DTS is silent now, and I have to dissable the passtrough manualy to get sound.

Possibly I am overlooking, but where can I Findc the "sync playback to dissplay" switch?

thanks in advance
Arnold
(2016-03-15, 19:57)Vimes Wrote: mmmm worked my way up to build 218 and yet I would still get a multi coloured screen on first boot after having a working 6.0.3 and then using the update tool to download and update the Pi to the builds suggested to try.

As a side note I have now tried a build of Kodi 16 OE for the Pi and that works great with perfect DD and DTS pickup and playback.

Builds prior to #0229 did not include bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb so if you've installed 6.0.3 then upgraded to a pre-#0229 build your RPi3 will be using the version of bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb installed by 6.0.3 which is for the 4.1.x kernel, this is the cause of the rainbow screen on boot.

Either delete /flash/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb from 6.0.3 before upgrading to a pre-#0229 build - this will disable RPi3 WiFi/BT functionality - or upgrade from 6.0.3 to #0229 (so that bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb for the 4.4.x kernel is installed) and then downgrade to a pre-#0229 build, which should boot normally.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-15, 22:59)arnoldjan Wrote: Then I went back to the latest version and search for "sync playback to display"
I could not find this, but I set the PLL adjustment to low
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Playback

Quote:now Dolby plays :-) but DTS is silent now, and I have to dissable the passtrough manualy to get sound.
Might be worth trying the hdmi_audio_config option from here.
Thanks for the qiuck answer

Found the sync playback to display, no change in behaviour

the other link looks like the answer,

I am not a programmer, so I can only hope the line is picked up during one of the updates during development.

For the time being, I'll try and figure it out,
I wonder, is it a line added to the configfile or is id added before compilation?
Please check this problem, I posted in the Estuary skin thread, but it can be related to your builds also, since it seems to work fine in other platforms:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2282799
(2016-03-16, 01:27)rascas Wrote: Please check this problem, I posted in the Estuary skin thread, but it can be related to your builds also, since it seems to work fine in other platforms:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2282799

No problems here.

Can you run the following in my OpenELEC test build:
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies "reservoir"
texturecache.py nc movies "reservoir"
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
and paste the output (note I've assumed your "Reservoir Dogs" movie has the English title).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0315: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.5 #1 Wed Mar 16 03:27:55 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 15 2016 14:51:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 1bf9a9a77026af9128a339c82d72e331d3532ee4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160316031605-#0315-g0026734 [Build #0315]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002492.948: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f303c86d, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (951799bb, ahead +4)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (38343e0a)
  • Includes latest addons: peripheral.joystick (af822765, +47), pvr.argustv (c05bf4ff, +23), pvr.demo (32ef5073, +19), pvr.filmon (188ef9ab, +25), pvr.hdhomerun (4f3a3949, +30), pvr.hts (303920d8, +62), pvr.iptvsimple (d4fcb214, +25), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (5815d770, +50), pvr.mythtv (b9dd8762, +29), pvr.nextpvr (d41be111, +25), pvr.njoy (af1d68ea, +17), pvr.pctv (f60f00a9, +23), pvr.stalker (91074ad3, +21), pvr.vbox (329fd13d, +25), pvr.vdr.vnsi (902a3cd1, +30), pvr.vuplus (135f1b03, +21), pvr.wmc (f0c62cfc, +30)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add arm libwidevinecdm.so
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:7030: CNetwork - implement IPv6
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8723: Implement filecache retry logic
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
  • Include [pkg] PR:9343: [xbmc] [gui] fix media source workarounds
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. New firmware with temperature and device tree updates
  3. Estuary skin updates
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Mar 15):
    • firmware: pwm_sdm: first pass at optimisation. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Allow frequency cap to go down to 300MHz when over temperature. See: link
    • firmware: dtoverlay: Remove support for space/tab separators.
    • firmware: host_applications: Add dtoverlay app.
    • firmware: dtoverlay: Several small improvements. See: link
    • firmware: Add gpioman changes to correctly handle dt-blob.bin for gpio_expander gpios
    • firmware: Updated dt-blob.dts to include Pi 3. See: link
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Misc performance improvements for PVR windows (PR:9348, 4 commits, 12 files changed)
    • CGUIDialogContentSettings - fix coverty 1355448 (PR:9350, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: do not use offset_pts for time calculations (PR:9357, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix false positive external audio (PR:9359, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix typo in SQL string causing CleanUpArtists to fail (PR:9361, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Estuary] Skin sync (PR:9363, 1 commit, 31 files changed)
    • [AE] Const-correctness touchup (8f741306)
    • VideoPlayer: Fix missing virtual destructor (de2b1704)
  3. libnfs:
    • Android: only redefine statvfs if it is not already defined (PR:143, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • fix spelling errors. (1c13afae)
    • sync apis with timeout values (83d1005c)
    • Merge branch 'master' of github.comConfusedahlberg/libnfs (936b8ec5)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • Fix for #200 and #201 (PR:205, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • addons: implement cache for binary addons (f332eb29)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [VideoPlayer] Fix display time of bluray multi-part titles. (224a3951)
      • fixup! logging: Add microsecond timer to log messages (ecd82fa8)
  6. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • bcm2835-sdhost: Workaround for "slow" sectors (00d6ec7c)
      • BCM270X_DT: Add labels to spidev nodes (36322dec)
      • BCM270X_DT: Use spidev labels in overlays (eaa2d390)
      • BCM270X_DT: Build and document the wittypi overlay (96450432)
      • scripts/dtc: Fix UMR causing corrupt dtbo overlay files (942df43d)
      • Merge pull request #1348 from HiassofT/dtc-fix (bdf37dd0)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
    • Added: [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
    • Added: [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
    • Added: [env] patch: Add arm libwidevinecdm.so
(2016-03-15, 18:24)3DBuff Wrote:

I have found that non DTS or DD files will play fine as there is no "switch" to the DTS or DD needed.

If I play any material with DTS or DD sound I need to do the above if I use Kodi 17 but not any other.

Hope the above helps Smile

It sounds like you got yourself HDMI audio extractor. What type is it?

I have an old non HDMI (back from DVD days) 7.1 high current amp and I had to get one of those HDMI extractors. I bought no name true matrix 2x4 HDMI switch with stereo line out (used for headphone amp) and optical SPDIF audio out to my old receiver. Typically those extractors have 3 settings - 2Ch LPCM, SPDIF (DD, DTS over optical, coax) and pass through to TV. The selector switch or something similar supposed to pass the info to player (Raspberry Pi) to configure the sound properly over HDMI port. Mine is automatic detecting what is connected but it has a button on remote control to cycle through all 3 modes. On occasion (I don't think it's every time) I get the same issue as you described - no sound with DD/DTS. Anything that initialize the player will bring the sound back - "y" on the keyboard and select the player again, force new refresh rate ex. 24Hz from 23.97, disable pass through, or mode change on audio extractor. It's not a major issue but it could be related to the extractor switching or refreshing tags on signal delay or something similar.

The sound quality from my extractor is very good. No distortion or any digital noise from analog line our or optical port compared to Raspberry Pi internal stereo line out jack.

I'm thinking of getting one of those extractors with analog 7.1 LPCM RCA analog out. The similar unit with 4 x 3.5mm jacks analog out burned out when connected to my Epson projector. I had to return it for refund.

This is the one that I have bought....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y0...ge_o00_s00

with the switch you mentioned in the correct position for 5.1 passthrough it plays perfectly DD and DTS with...

Open Elec 6.0.3 with Kodi 15.2
OSMC with Kodi 16
CvH version 7 of OE with Kodi 16

so using the above builds there is no issue at all.

With these Kodi 17 builds that I have tried there are issues with both DTS and DD, as noted in my posts.I take your point about the switch on the extractor but power cycling it or changing the switch position when using these builds does not matter but if I let a DTS file play (silence) and then in the Kodi menu whilst it plays disable and enable again passthough it will then show a Digital data source and play sound, albeit not noted for being DTS and it certanly does not sound right, being a little muffled and not full range, nor 5.1. All the other builds will show DTS on my amp without any messing about.

(2016-03-15, 23:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 19:57)Vimes Wrote: mmmm worked my way up to build 218 and yet I would still get a multi coloured screen on first boot after having a working 6.0.3 and then using the update tool to download and update the Pi to the builds suggested to try.

Builds prior to #0229 did not include bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb so if you've installed 6.0.3 then upgraded to a pre-#0229 build your RPi3 will be using the version of bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb installed by 6.0.3 which is for the 4.1.x kernel, this is the cause of the rainbow screen on boot.

Either delete /flash/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb from 6.0.3 before upgrading to a pre-#0229 build - this will disable RPi3 WiFi/BT functionality - or upgrade from 6.0.3 to #0229 (so that bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb for the 4.4.x kernel is installed) and then downgrade to a pre-#0229 build, which should boot normally.

Thanks for that and hopefully I will get time to now see if there is a earlier build whih worked with passthrough for both DTS and DD.
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6