• 109(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
suspend temperatures have dropped significantly on Pi3 since #0315
(2016-03-17, 00:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 10:31)thent Wrote: Any ideas when the binaries of inputstream will be merged with your builds?

Which binaries in particular?

I was referring to build #0315, where the Inputstream.mpd binaries did not seem to be merged, yet:
Quote:Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Added: [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
Added: [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
Added: [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
Added: [env] patch: Add arm libwidevinecdm.so
But it's working pretty good right now, especially with the drop of PR8723. Someone at kodinerds.net prepared an Amazon video addon using Inputstream and widevine, which is provided now with Kodi.
Just tried a Chris Swan build of OE with Kodi 16 and both DTS and DD works fine with either HDMI audio extracted for SPDIF or with a USB sound stick and SPDI.

So that works the same as OE 6.0.3, OSMC and OE 7 test build. No problems.

Latest build again will not pass through DD or DTS.

Please click to expand each photo of the screen to reveal audio codec used.

When playing the film 300 with the #316 Kodi 17 build....

when playing with a Chris Swan Kodi 16 build.....

When playing A beautiful Mind encoded with Dolby Digital with Kodi 17....

When playing with Kodi 16....

Kodi 17 will play the DD encoded film but only when the passthrough is disabled and then re-enabled whilst playing and done the same when playing any DD film.

For DTS it is not getting passthrough when used with either the USB sound stick or, as shown above, when using HDMI audio and an extractor.
(2016-03-17, 09:13)thent Wrote: But it's working pretty good right now, especially with the drop of PR8723.

Yes, that was a pain.

(2016-03-17, 09:13)thent Wrote: Someone at kodinerds.net prepared an Amazon video addon using Inputstream and widevine, which is provided now with Kodi.

Eventually inputstream.mpd will become a regular user-installable addon in official releases (or will be automatically installed by another addon) - I'm only including it in these builds partly out of convenience, but mainly because I'll know what version of the addon you have should you experience a problem.

Note also that I have seen some odd behaviour with dependencies due to add-on defaults, which can cause problems:

1. kodi.inputstream (which is required by inputstream.mpd) is often disabled - this can only be enabled using sqlite3 at the ssh command line:
Code:
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons22.db "update installed set enabled=1 where addonID='kodi.inputstream'"
then restart Kodi

2. inputstream.mpd will most likely be disabled by default: Addon browser > My add-ons > All > Input Stream > Enable

You should then be able to play this DASH test stream - if not, enable kodi.inputstream (see #1):
Code:
texturecache.py playw "http://rdmedia.bbc.co.uk/dash/ondemand/testcard/1/client_manifest-events-multilang.mpd"

Edit: Also, starting with the next build, I'll be using the latest inputstream.mpd source code from the git repo, this should have improved seeking.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

i tested build 0316 on RPi1 and it is working with mpd - teststream works well. With libdev's modded amazon addon kodi crashes and restarts kodi.
(2016-03-17, 12:27)hawkeyexp Wrote: With libdev's modded amazon addon kodi crashes and restarts kodi.

Yes, it will - the libwidevinecdm.so library used to decrypt the Amazon stream is armv7 only, so no Amazon for RPi1 users I'm afraid. Sad
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-17, 12:30)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 12:27)hawkeyexp Wrote: With libdev's modded amazon addon kodi crashes and restarts kodi.

Yes, it will - the libwidevinecdm.so library used to decrypt the Amazon stream is armv7 only, so no Amazon for RPi1 users I'm afraid. Sad

oh that sucks :-(

Will try it with my RPi2 :-)
(2016-03-02, 01:08)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 00:37)asavah Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 18:47)doldi Wrote: by your leave, Milhouse

why is that disabled? :-)

Because some PR (merged) which improved windoze build stuff completely broke linux cross-compiling of needed libdvd* libs.

@Milhouse I was able to figure this libdvd crap out, but the fixes are for my own buildsystem, not sure if similar tricks can be made for OpenELEC,
if you want details via PM let me know.

Sure, I'd be interested in your patches - thanks.

Hi Milhouse,
Did you have any luck? If you have a suggestion how I could help please PM me.
JB
(2016-03-17, 11:59)Milhouse Wrote: Eventually inputstream.mpd will become a regular user-installable addon in official releases (or will be automatically installed by another addon) - I'm only including it in these builds partly out of convenience, but mainly because I'll know what version of the addon you have should you experience a problem.

Note also that I have seen some odd behaviour with dependencies due to add-on defaults, which can cause problems:
Thanks a lot for clearing that up!
Sorry for interrupting in the inputstream issue but I have a very annoying issue. When watching h.264 720p live stream, I have green artifacts (lines from the bottom of the screen) every few seconds. I've tried using MMAL and omxplayer but both resulted with the issue...does anyone know how to solve it?
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0317: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Thu Mar 17 22:37:07 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 15 2016 14:51:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 1bf9a9a77026af9128a339c82d72e331d3532ee4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160317223611-#0317-g0026734 [Build #0317]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002493.279: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d9b129fc, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (c230b2b9, ahead +5)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (38343e0a)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (54d60ea0), peripheral.joystick (af822765, +47), pvr.argustv (c05bf4ff, +23), pvr.demo (32ef5073, +19), pvr.dvbviewer (48b0089e, +20), pvr.filmon (188ef9ab, +25), pvr.hdhomerun (4f3a3949, +30), pvr.hts (303920d8, +62), pvr.iptvsimple (d4fcb214, +25), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (5815d770, +50), pvr.mythtv (b9dd8762, +29), pvr.nextpvr (d41be111, +25), pvr.njoy (af1d68ea, +17), pvr.pctv (f60f00a9, +23), pvr.stalker (91074ad3, +21), pvr.vbox (329fd13d, +25), pvr.vdr.vnsi (902a3cd1, +30), pvr.vuplus (135f1b03, +21), pvr.wmc (f0c62cfc, +30)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:7030: CNetwork - implement IPv6
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
  • Include [pkg] PR:9343: [xbmc] [gui] fix media source workarounds
  • Include [pkg] PR:9374: [xbmc] addons: add kodi.game.controller to system add-ons
  • Include [pkg] PR:9375: [xbmc] [gui] add container.showtitle
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. New 4.4.6 kernel
  3. Fix to enable kodi.inputstream
  4. Updated inputstream.mpd from repo, fixes for seek issues
  5. EPG performance fixes
  6. Add dtoverlay userland binary, and other overlay fixes
  7. Reinstate pvr.dvbviewer now that it has suitable API support
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [cmake] Fixes (PR:9340, 6 commits, 10 files changed)
    • addons: implement cache for binary addons (PR:9362, 1 commit, 13 files changed)
    • [EPG] Guide Window: 20% performance gain on open (PR:9365, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Unify context menus (PR:9257, 11 commits, 45 files changed)
    • addons: Fix segfault on shutdown (PR:9377, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • addons: add kodi.inputstream to system addons (PR:9373, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] automatic syntax corrections for the en_GB language file (5646e856)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] updated language files from Transifex (0ea71f58)
    • [lang][skin.estouchy] updated language files from Transifex (7cd673f7)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • mmalcodec: Set flags explicitly don't assume they are zeroed (6e80ec93)
      • VideoPlayer: fix incorrect and flickering display time for input streams implementing IDisplayTime (c7ab4600)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Add missing dependencies to cpluff (79158e97)
      • Build addon libs (76dd229d)
      • Fix addon installation (e8959f44)
      • cmake: Fix addon-bindings paths (b83e49ae)
      • Improve parameter handling in copy files functions (01024c9b)
      • Fix installation of xbmc.json and kodi.guilib (68d26700)
      • addons: implement cache for binary addons (15388383)
  3. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • dwc-overlay: Use label so overrides can apply. (916634f9)
      • drm/vc4: Add a debugfs node for tracking execution state. (b30fecff)
      • drm/vc4: Include vc4_drm.h in uapi in downstream build. (64da2926)
      • drm/vc4: Validate that WAIT_BO padding is cleared. (4b02ed24)
      • drm/vc4: Fix the clear color for the first tile rendered. (7ff02c91)
      • drm/vc4: Return an ERR_PTR from BO creation instead of NULL. (d6211c47)
      • drm/vc4: Fix -ERESTARTSYS error return from BO waits. (39e77e9d)
      • drm/vc4: Drop error message on seqno wait timeouts. (a9221f16)
      • BCM270X_DT: Add 1-bit SDIO using minimal pins... (19d839ca)
      • brcm: adds support for BCM43341 wifi (acd7fe44)
      • Add overlay and enable support for QCA7000 board (76d3e26b)
      • serial: Take care starting a hung-up tty's port (c9276ae7)
      • pi3-miniuart-bt-overlay: Correct and clarify info (b7bbcabc)
      • pwm overlays: Params must have in-overlay targets (05a26103)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Merge pull request #1340 from DigitalDreamtimeLtd/rpi-4.4.y (4cd54bac)
      • Merge pull request #1348 from HiassofT/dtc-fix (bdf37dd0)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
    • Updated: [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
    • Updated: [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
    • Added: [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9374: [xbmc] addons: add kodi.game.controller to system add-ons
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9375: [xbmc] [gui] add container.showtitle
Hi guys. Just wanted to say a huge thanks for the effort and an amazing concept/product. I moved from minix neo device and I'm very very happy with the rpi3 and the amazing SW developed here.
(2016-03-17, 20:18)SpokV Wrote: Sorry for interrupting in the inputstream issue but I have a very annoying issue. When watching h.264 720p live stream, I have green artifacts (lines from the bottom of the screen) every few seconds. I've tried using MMAL and omxplayer but both resulted with the issue...does anyone know how to solve it?

Are you overclocking? If you are try disabling.
Do you you get this with recordings? If so then a short sample file would be useful.
(2016-03-18, 13:39)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 20:18)SpokV Wrote: Sorry for interrupting in the inputstream issue but I have a very annoying issue. When watching h.264 720p live stream, I have green artifacts (lines from the bottom of the screen) every few seconds. I've tried using MMAL and omxplayer but both resulted with the issue...does anyone know how to solve it?

Are you overclocking? If you are try disabling.
Do you you get this with recordings? If so then a short sample file would be useful.
Not overclocking. Not a recording. It is a h264 p2p live channel. I've noticed that each time the playback is stopped due to buffering and resumed again I get the green artifacts. After few times of buffering cycles the buffering issue stops and I get cyclic green lines every 30 seconds or so.
(2016-03-18, 14:24)SpokV Wrote: Not overclocking. Not a recording. It is a h264 p2p live channel. I've noticed that each time the playback is stopped due to buffering and resumed again I get the green artifacts. After few times of buffering cycles the buffering issue stops and I get cyclic green lines every 30 seconds or so.

A debug log (wiki) may have some clues.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6