OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-17, 09:13)thent Wrote: But it's working pretty good right now, especially with the drop of PR8723.

Yes, that was a pain.

(2016-03-17, 09:13)thent Wrote: Someone at kodinerds.net prepared an Amazon video addon using Inputstream and widevine, which is provided now with Kodi.

Eventually inputstream.mpd will become a regular user-installable addon in official releases (or will be automatically installed by another addon) - I'm only including it in these builds partly out of convenience, but mainly because I'll know what version of the addon you have should you experience a problem.

Note also that I have seen some odd behaviour with dependencies due to add-on defaults, which can cause problems:

1. kodi.inputstream (which is required by inputstream.mpd) is often disabled - this can only be enabled using sqlite3 at the ssh command line:
Code:
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons22.db "update installed set enabled=1 where addonID='kodi.inputstream'"
then restart Kodi

2. inputstream.mpd will most likely be disabled by default: Addon browser > My add-ons > All > Input Stream > Enable

You should then be able to play this DASH test stream - if not, enable kodi.inputstream (see #1):
Code:
texturecache.py playw "http://rdmedia.bbc.co.uk/dash/ondemand/testcard/1/client_manifest-events-multilang.mpd"

Edit: Also, starting with the next build, I'll be using the latest inputstream.mpd source code from the git repo, this should have improved seeking.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-03-17, 11:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6