OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
I'm trying to make a small portable image copy of the SD card running OpenELEC system. This would be a complete back up of good running OpenELEC or a sample to email to a friend to try it on his system.

I can use running Ubuntu on my Pi and connect OpenELEC SD card to USB port.
Using GPorted re-size second partition to about 300MB.
Using DD copy beginning of the SD card to include both partitions - less then 1GB
This will compress to about 300mb for complete image of the running OpenElec SD card.

I can restore the image to any SD size using DiskImager or similar.

Now here is where I get stuck. I'm missing "fdisk" on OpenElec build to resize second partition to the size of the new disk. I can do it with Ubuntu using GPorted or fdisk but not directly on OpenElec. This would be preferred method if I give the image to friend to test it on his setup.

After partition resize with GPorted or fdisk using resize2fs should correct file access to full partition again.

I know there is a back up and restore function inside OpenElec but imaging of SD card has it's benefits.

Is there a way to install fdisk to OpenELEC system? Any other way to automatically resize the second partition and file system to a full disk size?

I found the answer to my own question Wink
I had old small SD card and I set up OpenELEC again.
At the beginning of the process for re partitioning of the SD after fresh image Kodi16 "parted" command popped on the top left of the screen.

Parted is included and working in OpenELEC to re-size SD partitions Smile

Messages In This Thread
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by 3DBuff - 2016-03-18, 17:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6