• 112(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-20, 21:21)popcornmix Wrote: You should get a dialog full of settings from there. You can also disable CEC by adding to config.txt:
Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec=1

There seems to be something to your assertion. Now, when I disable CEC and restart the TV, a can briefly see the Kodi screen, but then the Pi reboots, after which I still do have signal and can view Kodi. Odd.

Also, I do NOT get a dialog of settings as you suggest, when clicking "cec adapter" in the settings, either before or after I disable CEC.

Log file - http://sprunge.us/LYMY

-Jay
(2016-03-20, 18:14)fizbin Wrote: When I turn off the TV and then back on again or switch source away and back to the Pi 2, it loses signal to the Pi 2. I can repro this on 2 of my 3 televisions. Unlike Kougami, I can't make the issue go away by pressing buttons on my remote. I have to reboot the Pi on either TV. (Samsung, Vizio)

I got this behaviour too since i started using 17 alpha a week ago. Was able to fix it by changing settings of CEC adapter. If i recall correctly, i changed "when TV is turned off" or something like that, from "suspend" to "ignore".
(2016-03-21, 07:24)illiac4 Wrote: From which build Kodi disables all third party addons if it chrashes?

I don't believe this is deliberate behaviour. Possibly the crash is occurring when Addons22.db is being written, leaving it in an unusable state.
Finding the first build with this problem would be useful for tracking it down.
(2016-03-21, 01:57)Milhouse Wrote: [*]"Sync playback to display" now disabled by default

With the last build you'll probably find "Sync playback to display" is disabled.
Historically when "Sync playback to display" is disabled you may get stuttery playback.
This occurs when, by chance the presentation time occurs too close to the vsync.
That results in small amounts of jitter in the timing causing frames to either hit or miss the nearby vsync.
Each time you start, resume from pause, or seek the render time vs vsync changes, so may cause or cure the stuttering.

The last build always blocks until the next vsync before presenting frames. I'm hoping that will avoid the stutter,
but as the occurrence of the stutter is random and fairly rare it is hard to be sure.

Please report if you see stuttering that wasn't in the preceding build. Also report if enabling "Sync playback to display" helps.
Also report if you see any hangs during playback. The method for blocking until vsync has provoked hangs in the past, but I hope I've avoided that with this version.
(2016-03-21, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 01:57)Milhouse Wrote: [*]"Sync playback to display" now disabled by default

With the last build you'll probably find "Sync playback to display" is disabled.
Historically when "Sync playback to display" is disabled you may get stuttery playback.
This occurs when, by chance the presentation time occurs too close to the vsync.
That results in small amounts of jitter in the timing causing frames to either hit or miss the nearby vsync.
Each time you start, resume from pause, or seek the render time vs vsync changes, so may cause or cure the stuttering.

The last build always blocks until the next vsync before presenting frames. I'm hoping that will avoid the stutter,
but as the occurrence of the stutter is random and fairly rare it is hard to be sure.

Please report if you see stuttering that wasn't in the preceding build. Also report if enabling "Sync playback to display" helps.
Also report if you see any hangs during playback. The method for blocking until vsync has provoked hangs in the past, but I hope I've avoided that with this version.

As I noted before with that enabled I was not getting pass through for DD or DTS. I t took me a while to figure that one out as I would not normally have it enabled.
(2016-03-21, 15:09)Vimes Wrote: As I noted before with that enabled I was not getting pass through for DD or DTS. I t took ma a while to figure that one out as I would not normally have it enabled.

Yes, one of the reasons I'd like to avoid enabling "sync playback to display" by default.
(2016-03-21, 12:22)rubenmb Wrote: I got this behaviour too since i started using 17 alpha a week ago. Was able to fix it by changing settings of CEC adapter. If i recall correctly, i changed "when TV is turned off" or something like that, from "suspend" to "ignore".

I am unable to open the CEC adapter settings in Amber. Will try from another skin later tonight, though I was able to make that change directly in the config.txt file. I added the ignore setting, which causes the Pi to reboot after switching sources or turning the TV off then on.

This was what I added (2nd line below), right near the other line which was very similar (1st line).
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
hdmi_ignore_cec=1

http://sprunge.us/LYMY
You can only use one skin for testing and that's estuary.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i am fooling around with Eminence 2 MOD here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246430

works quite nicely so far. only setback is that my AVR apparently is dying... lcd is flickering and now went dark and no more sound... I chalk that up to coincidence though rather than my fooling around with kodi and skin mods^^
I'm on build #318. things are generally good, but I've noticed a few issues
- On playback of a pvr record from tvheadend, after about 15 minutes the pi stop freezes and playback stops - and has to be force power cycled to return. The recorded file plays fine on other playback media. Any ideas? Known issue or debug log required?
- When setting a timer the "timer set" flag on the epg doesn't return true so when you get the response back from the json-rpc interface it is always false. The timer is set however and does appear in the list of timers.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0321: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Mon Mar 21 23:02:18 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 21 2016 18:56:10
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 7a1f4e062023db8cacbca7ee8ff77d5b185c2a63 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160321230115-#0321-g0026734 [Build #0321]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002480.676: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (958d4745, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (1c4f1452, ahead +7)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (2ebae493), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (c05bf4ff, +23), pvr.demo (32ef5073, +19), pvr.dvbviewer (48b0089e, +20), pvr.filmon (188ef9ab, +25), pvr.hdhomerun (4f3a3949, +30), pvr.hts (303920d8, +62), pvr.iptvsimple (d4fcb214, +25), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (5815d770, +50), pvr.mythtv (815210a2, +30), pvr.nextpvr (d41be111, +25), pvr.njoy (af1d68ea, +17), pvr.pctv (f60f00a9, +23), pvr.stalker (08efd618, +22), pvr.vbox (329fd13d, +25), pvr.vdr.vnsi (162dcdd6, +34), pvr.vuplus (135f1b03, +21), pvr.wmc (f0c62cfc, +30)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix system keyboard patch
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. New firmware
  3. [PVR] PVR timers: A bunch of cleanups, fixes and improvements
  4. Drop PR7030, conflict with PR9405
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Mar 21):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Use the correct UART on non-DT systems. See: link
    • firmware: vchiq_arm: Tweak the logging output
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add enable_uart setting
  2. XBMC:
    • Lib structure changes (PR:9360, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • ProcessInfo: Move AllowDTSHDDecode into Processinfo (PR:9408, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • fixed: test environment (PR:9419, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • run Announcements on thread with lower priority, required changes to init of PVR and Python (PR:9405, 4 commits, 11 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: inputstream changes, bump to 1.0.2 (PR:9410, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [PVR] PVR timers: A bunch of cleanups, fixes and improvements (PR:9370, 7 commits, 25 files changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Fix build with vs2015, missing include (PR:36, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • adjustments to admin dialog (PR:66, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • ProcessInfo: Move AllowDTSHDDecode into Processinfo (d9b4477f)
      • VideoPlayer: inputstream changes, bump to 1.0.2 (92c4b245)
  6. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • dwc_otg: Enable the hack for Split Interrupt transactions by default (7956536a)
      • BCM270X_DT: Remove explicit claiming of UART pins (adc10c5d)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Fix system keyboard patch
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-21, 23:55)stevegal Wrote: I'm on build #318. things are generally good, but I've noticed a few issues
- On playback of a pvr record from tvheadend, after about 15 minutes the pi stop freezes and playback stops - and has to be force power cycled to return. The recorded file plays fine on other playback media. Any ideas? Known issue or debug log required?
- When setting a timer the "timer set" flag on the epg doesn't return true so when you get the response back from the json-rpc interface it is always false. The timer is set however and does appear in the list of timers.

Try build #0321.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Why there's no openelec update since march 14th in this builds?
Um, you see three posts above this one? Test build of 21 March.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2016-03-22, 09:32)vbat99 Wrote: Um, you see three posts above this one? Test build of 21 March.

Yes, but I mean
Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog)
commit 0026734b is from march 14th
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6