• 115(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-23, 06:08)crazyazz Wrote: Videos in a MP4 container dont work for me, anyone else have this issue with these latest builds?

Can you post your debug log (wiki) while playing one of these mp4 files - not having any problems here (#0322).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-23, 06:54)fizbin Wrote: It was set to "suspend". I hadn't touched it so this would be the default I believe. Switching it to ignore seem to have solved the issue. I'd think this would be a bug if it didn't happen in OE6 (right?).

These builds include an experimental "virtual suspend". You should be able to wake the pi with a button press (from keyboard, IR remote, CEC or phone remote).
(2016-03-23, 13:51)popcornmix Wrote: These builds include an experimental "virtual suspend". You should be able to wake the pi with a button press (from keyboard, IR remote, CEC or phone remote).

I'll double check whether that does or doesn't work, though I'm pretty sure on the TV that I was repro'ing this on (I had rolled the other back to OE6) that it does not work.

My first thought though, is why bother to suspend a Pi? And who's going to think to press a remote button when there's nothing to see? My first inclination was to change source back and forth until I got something to view.

-Jay
(2016-03-23, 13:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 06:54)fizbin Wrote: It was set to "suspend". I hadn't touched it so this would be the default I believe. Switching it to ignore seem to have solved the issue. I'd think this would be a bug if it didn't happen in OE6 (right?).

These builds include an experimental "virtual suspend". You should be able to wake the pi with a button press (from keyboard, IR remote, CEC or phone remote).

The "virtual suspend" works fine for me. I just power on the TV and then press the OK key on the TV's remote and the RP is "alive".
Nice feature. Thank you guys.
(2016-03-23, 14:33)fizbin Wrote: My first thought though, is why bother to suspend a Pi?
If we stop outputting through HDMI, it allows some TVs/monitors to power off (e.g. in the case of using a shutdown timer or screensaver that uses suspend).

Quote:And who's going to think to press a remote button when there's nothing to see? My first inclination was to change source back and forth until I got something to view.
It's how my laptop behaves, so not that surprising a behaviour.
Can someone verify if playing a video without any acceleration works or if I may need to do a clean install.
I'm having several issues since migrating to the rpi3.
GUI settings not saving.
Addons not working like Leopold's Dev update (python errors)
So I think it's about time for a complete fresh install.

The current issue I noticed when I'm trying to play a hi10 mkv.
I know the pi cannot hw decode hi10 but in the past I just disable hw acceleration and software decoding works fine.
But all I'm getting is audio and a black screen.
Bringing up overlays such as menu and seeking works fine but no video is played when software decoding.
It displays correctly with mmal & OMX but with the expected garbage on screen.

I've tried the same file on an amlogic s905 device using software decoding and that plays back properly as expected.
Just wanted to see if anyone else can reproduce before I blame my dodgy install.
(2016-03-23, 15:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 14:33)fizbin Wrote: My first thought though, is why bother to suspend a Pi?
If we stop outputting through HDMI, it allows some TVs/monitors to power off (e.g. in the case of using a shutdown timer or screensaver that uses suspend).

Quote:And who's going to think to press a remote button when there's nothing to see? My first inclination was to change source back and forth until I got something to view.
It's how my laptop behaves, so not that surprising a behaviour.

I have confirmed the following on my Vizio TV using the remote (CEC) -
1. When the Pi suspends it will not wake up pressing these remote buttons - OK/Enter, directional buttons, exit, back
2. Buttons like play and stop will wake the Pi up from suspended state

I'll check on my Samsung in a short while and report back.

Thanks!
Jay
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0323: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Wed Mar 23 21:18:08 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 23 2016 20:17:58
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version a616a2014755af398ab4144221d8d6fd8fcaf836 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160323211715-#0323-g0026734 [Build #0323]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002490.276: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5447beb1, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (7f536a27, ahead +9)
  • Includes latest dcadec master (0e074384, ahead +139)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (2ebae493), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (c05bf4ff, +23), pvr.demo (32ef5073, +19), pvr.dvbviewer (48b0089e, +20), pvr.filmon (188ef9ab, +25), pvr.hdhomerun (4f3a3949, +30), pvr.hts (303920d8, +62), pvr.iptvsimple (d4fcb214, +25), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (5815d770, +50), pvr.mythtv (815210a2, +30), pvr.nextpvr (d41be111, +25), pvr.njoy (af1d68ea, +17), pvr.pctv (f60f00a9, +23), pvr.stalker (08efd618, +22), pvr.vbox (329fd13d, +25), pvr.vdr.vnsi (162dcdd6, +34), pvr.vuplus (135f1b03, +21), pvr.wmc (f0c62cfc, +30)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] compare: ffmpeg: Additional Jarvis 2.8.x patches
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix system keyboard patch
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. New firmware, includes the following fix for stalled audio:
    popcornmix Wrote:For a long time we have had a bug in vchiq (message passing interface to gpu) on Pi where a message can get lost which is generally fatal.

There have been a couple of workarounds for this. We disabled GPU resampling on Pi2 a while back and we've recently added a big global lock around most gpu messages which makes it less likely to occur.We have also had a hack in place where we enable "sync playback to display" on Pi by default, as not enabling it can result in stuttery playback.

I did have a potential fix for this, but it provoked the vchiq bug so it has never been enabled.Well, we now have a fix for the vchiq issue. It affects userland (/opt/vc/lib) libraries.
  3. [pvr] - rework PVRManager, addons are owned by addon system
  4. [linux] Move hotplug checking into its own thread - fix stutter every 10 seconds
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Mar 23):
    • firmware: sdram: cache the last set_frequency.
    • firmware: pwm_sdm: Set SDRAM turbo frequency to default if pwm_sdm is enabled. See: link
    • firmware: vchiq_lib: Don't overwrite loop count mid-loop. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Change mini-UART initialisation order. See: link
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: InputStream, test for ID, not Name if inputstream proper… (PR:9431, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • never cache addons directories (PR:9417, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • stereoscopicmanager: Don't treat mono as stereoscopic (PR:9418, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix two unit test build failures (PR:9425, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] - rework PVRManager, addons are owned by addon system (PR:9429, 7 commits, 33 files changed)
    • [StringUtils] performance tweak for EqualsNoCase(std:Confusedtring, std:Confusedtring) (PR:9420, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] fix: clear m_expressions in ClearIncludes() (PR:9407, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [linux] Move hotplug checking into its own thread (58c3e8e2)
      • Revert "temp: Add lock around mmal and omx calls to avoid stalled audio issue" (a051a9d7)
      • Revert "rbp: Use common function with lock for gencmds" (bba4122a)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: do not disable stream at processing stage (ae748c96)
  4. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • lirc_rpi: Lower IR reception error to debug (79e3ee1d)
      • vchiq_arm: Access the dequeue_pending flag locked (26eb219f)
      • BCM270X_DT: Add pi3-act-led overlay (10cd9869)
      • vchiq_arm: Service callbacks must not fail (2faaa2cc)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-24, 01:01)bagofcrap24 Wrote: The current issue I noticed when I'm trying to play a hi10 mkv.
I know the pi cannot hw decode hi10 but in the past I just disable hw acceleration and software decoding works fine.

Support for 10-bit format files is not currently supported in these builds.
It conflicts with zero-copy.
It will work in the future.

I've always assumed 10-bit software decode is not going to be very feasible. What sort of resolution could you play?
I know I'm repeating myself over and over but the Openelec Repository is still not working on fresh installs.
@popcornmix, could you kindly take a look at this as far as RPi and overall Kodi MVC playback is concerned? Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Is there a setting in a file somewhere that I can edit over ssh to turn the "when tv is off" setting to "ignore"? (it defaults to "suspend")

Reason is, when I am not testing, and want to use the Amber skin as everyone in my household is used to it, I can't get to the cec adapter settings because it won't pull up that dialog in Amber. Additionally, I can't switch to Amber after I upgrade to a Milhouse build, only before. I know you don't support this for testing. Still wondering for our utility's sake.

Thanks,
Jay
Can someone please write what are the recommended configuration of KODI for proper audio/video streaming? It will make things much clearer.... Thanks
Build 323 problems.

PVR - enable/disable setting is missing from live tv window
PVR - "clear data" buttons not working in live tv general and guide settings.
(2016-03-24, 01:16)fizbin Wrote: I'll check on my Samsung in a short while and report back.

Unlike my Vizio TV, the Samsung appears to behave as prescribed. It will resume from suspend on the press of any remote button over CEC.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6