• 123(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-28, 19:10)nuwonda Wrote: advancedsettings.xml:

<splash>false</splash>

does nothing it seems. Still getting the splash screen, will try editing config file next.

Make sure your advancedsettings.xml looks like this - I suspect you haven't included the <advancedsettings></advancedsettings> tags:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-28, 19:16)Loc2262 Wrote: @nuwonda: Hmm, that's odd. The entry in advancedsettings works fine for me. Except for the OpenELEC logo you can turn all the others off. Let me know if you need help with that.

You can disable the OpenELEC splash by adding "nosplash" to the end of your line in /flash/cmdline.txt
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-28, 19:35)quikote Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 10:39)Loc2262 Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 05:45)Milhouse Wrote: You can use tvheadend #0324 and continue updating to newer versions of OE - I'm pretty sure there's no relationship between the backend tvheadend add-on, and the front-end PVR API used by the various PVR clients.

Ooh, I think there was a misunderstanding! I'm not talking about the tvheadend server, but about the client in OE! Smile

I'm not using the OE TVHE server. I have the server installed on another PI under Raspbian. It's the client addon that crashes #327 as soon as I enable it. That happens no matter if it gets a connection to the server or not, so it's not related to the server at all.

I was already confused as to why switching to a new ffmpeg version should constitute a problem for building the client. Wink

Hi. It happens the same with my RPi3. It works perfect with #326 but some minutes ago I have updated to #327 and I got the boot loop. Also TVheadend client is used in the Rpi3. The server is located in a NAS. Till today everything worked as expected so something in the #327 update is causing some conflict with OE TVHeadend client addon.
Now back to #326.

Possibly fixed by PR9477, please go back to #0326 for now. There's not going to be a new build tonight.
Thanks @Milhouse for all your great work! #0326 it is until the issue is resolved! Smile
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
(2016-03-28, 22:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 14:19)doldi Wrote: Hi Milhouse
Happy Easter! ;-)

...a little question - why is DVD playback remains temporarily disabled so long time ?

Harald

Unfortunately nobody is really interested in fixing it right now. It remains "unfixed" in a number of distributions.
Suppose I'll keep waiting for DVD support ...sigh. these builds are pretty good generally, as long as you read this thread.

Thanks milhouse. And popcornmix.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Thanks @Milhouse. #326 is Ok.
Thanks again for your support.
Regards from Spain.
#326 works fine
#327 is stuck at boot logo loop

Thanks @Milhouse - your updates are great!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
(2016-03-28, 22:17)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 14:09)Loc2262 Wrote: I timed it a few times, and with animation it takes 17 seconds from OpenELEC logo to GUI appearing, and without animation it takes 12 seconds. (Kodi splash screen is turned off.) The difference of 5 seconds is roughly the time that the animation is on screen. So it would seems to me that the animation is, at least for the most part, not performed in the background?
I'll need to look at that again, perhaps the systemd service needs another tweak.

This will be fixed in the next build, which should be #0329.

The kodi-splash service is currently running after the kodi-autostart service, and the latter recently (Feb 3) became dependent on the network-online service in order to resolve the systemd mount/reboot issue. So this added a dependency that meant the splash video would not start playing until the network was online, which is totally unnecessary and accounts for the extra delay.

I've reordered the kodi-splash service so that it runs before kodi-autostart, and should ensure the 6 second splash video is fully played out before Kodi is ready on a RPi3. The video is now playing as soon as it possibly can (ie. as soon as the graphical target is available).

Slower devices may experience a short period where the screen is blank after the video has played out, depending on how quickly (or slowly?) Kodi loads and the length of the splash video (too short a video == longer period of blank screen). RPi1 users will probably see about 5-6 seconds of blank screen after the splash video and before the Kodi splash, and could maybe use a longer splash video, eg. 10 seconds. The blank screen period may be as long as 15 or so seconds if the Kodi splash is also disabled.
I had a hard crash while watching a 3D MVC movie. It started with stuttering and then everything froze. After a few minutes i was presented with a black screen. A few minutes later kodi terminated and relaunched (on its own).

Here are the crash logs.

http://xbmclogs.com/pqdiyv3z8
Can someone point me in the right direction where i have gone wrong?
Got myself a rPi3
installed OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.3.img
then moved OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-Milhouse-20160326210231-#0326-g0026734 to the update folder
Now i am stuck on the boot logo from Kodi Jarvis

Any ideas?

Thanks
N
(2016-03-29, 23:59)nick w Wrote: Can someone point me in the right direction to where i went wrong?
Got myself a rPi3
then moved OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-Milhouse-20160326210231-#0326-g0026734 to the update folder

Any ideas?

Thanks
N

I've joined this forum just to let you know that you're not alone. I'm having the same issues.
I've been working with a Pi3, 2A power, the OpenElec 6.0.3 image and Milhouse's updates. Tried a few OS/update combinations and have this problem each time.
(2016-03-30, 00:15)zebedee Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 23:59)nick w Wrote: Can someone point me in the right direction to where i went wrong?
Got myself a rPi3

Any ideas?

Thanks
N

I've joined this forum just to let you know that you're not alone. I'm having the same issues.
I've been working with a Pi3, 2A power, the OpenElec 6.0.3 image and Milhouse's updates. Tried a few OS/update combinations and have this problem each time.
At least im not alone

I have just tried a base build with OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.95.1.img
Which was fine.
Then moved OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-Milhouse-20160326210231-#0326-g0026734 to the update folder
Extracted fine
Upon reboot it just sits at the Jarvis splash screen

I can SSH to it while its at the splash screen. I just cant load the gui
disabling the splash screen fails to help either
<advancedsettings>
<splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>
using milhouse build:
OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-Milhouse-20160310212539-#0310-g0de0a2a
Got the system up and running
trying OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-Milhouse-20160324210438-#0324-g0026734
nop