• 127(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Fixing issue with audio and SPI:
Starting with build #0314 SPI and onboard sound of bcm2835 is not working ("aplay -l" shows no soundcard).

Configuration in config.txt is ok
dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=spi=on

I made a lot of tests and found a fix for that issue.

When I copy bootcode.bin, fixup.dat and start.elf from #0313 release to the newer releases example #0330 then everything is working fine again.
Hi,
I have some problems with the #331 and earlier versions.

If i want to watch some Anime/TVShows/Movies sometimes the Video just freeze and I have to hard reset my pi2
I tested to wait 30 min and it did go futher 1sec or something.

On my other pi2 with the regular version I don't have issues with the files. Thats about the only test I can do.

Maybe someone have time to look into my log file and tell me what I can do to fix it.

Its not really a crash, but maybe log file helps anyway.

http://xbmclogs.com/phpyllvty

Thanks for your time
(2016-03-31, 13:30)toppot Wrote: Experiencing a few strange behaviors - coming from 6.0.3, /flash is only 256 Mb (but all updates has been running no probs - so far).

I am using Rapier skin. I am aware that I shouldn't - and that some controls like sound/video settings + CEC are not working, but when I need those I switch to Estuary... However (besides the lack of adding top level many items, and some other) the main reason I run with Rapier is due to some strange bug in TV mode (with Estuary). Some HD channels take 3-5 seconds to start, some mostly fails.. SD works fine. My TVHeadend is 4.1.xxx running on another server (Debian). With Rapier all channels (actually except 1, but that is just crazy strange - and only if I start in that channel) tune in in ~1 second...

I currently run 319 - and have some small issues with small pauses in audio, and some issues with stability, lock ups and problems with CEC after the TV has been off.. Have tried most CEC settings, not entirely sure what the problem is - It was perfect under 6.0.3..

With 329 (it did act strange on first boot - and believe it only came out off endless kodi.bin restarts when it/I killed waiting for pvr... But even with pvr.tvh enabled I dont have TV enabled under Rapier... It is enabled under Estuary, but as mentioned above.. Not usable..

Does anybody have inputs to why Live TV is working worse with Estuary than with RapierHuh? And perhaps could provide some ideas to what to change in the settings for Estuary to get TV to work better??
(actually just had an experience with 319+Estuary where TV was played back as audio - with some crazy artwork, and attempting to find lyrics.. ALL channels Sad

I just now installed 330... Better (if still a bit slow channel change)... But: still no Live TV under Rapier Sad

EDIT: This is all on rpi2.
EDIT: With Rapier that refuses to show "Live TV" in the menu (or allowing it to be selected in the skin setup), I CAN start TV playback from the iOS remote app.... And channel change is happy as ever.... EPG and everything is just working... I am aware this is not a "Rapier skin" topic... But this only appeared someware after 320... (I think I jumped from 319 to 322.. later 324, 329 and 330)..

If you use Rapier for Kodi 17, you really should use my development repo. All issues you mention are fixed now and most of them have been fixed for a while.
Features are added quickly, so keeping the skin up to date with the latest nightlies in the official repo is not possible.
The development repo is updated once or several times a week, while the official repo is updated once a month or even longer.

The Rapier 10.1.0 update just pushed to the official repo fixes all your above mentioned issues.

Read how to install my development repo here.
(2016-04-01, 01:14)garm Wrote: Hi,

If i want to watch some Anime/TVShows/Movies sometimes the Video just freeze and I have to hard reset my pi2

On my other pi2 with the regular version I don't have issues with the files. Thats about the only test I can do.

Maybe someone have time to look into my log file and tell me what I can do to fix it.

Thanks for your time

Your log isn't showing much, and it doesn't have debug enabled. I can see you are performing a video library scan, try disabling that to see if it helps.

Also try disabling all third-party addons by testing with a "clean" system:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.back
systemctl start kodi
and see if the freezing continues - you can delete /storage/.kodi and restore your original setup once you are done testing. If the freezing doesn't happen with a clean system, it's likely one of your addons is misbehaving.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-31, 23:24)herrmeier01 Wrote: Fixing issue with audio and SPI:
Starting with build #0314 SPI and onboard sound of bcm2835 is not working ("aplay -l" shows no soundcard).

dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=spi=on

When I copy bootcode.bin, fixup.dat and start.elf from #0313 release to the newer releases example #0330 then everything is working fine again.

The obvious change in #0314 is the switch to dynamic device tree but that is a kernel-only change, and you're not copying the kernel from copying #0313. Although the dynamic device tree changes were in the kernel tree on 13 March they were not included in the #0313 build, as it was felt better to blacklist them until later.

What if you re-install #0331 (ie. latest build) using keeping the #0331 firmware, delete *.dtbo from the /flash/overlays folder, reboot - do you still have SPI problems? You should have just the *.dtb files left in your /flash/overlays folder.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0331: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Thu Mar 31 21:06:49 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 24 2016 12:49:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e16cd015026a8bda22bb50dc30b30ce07f52a202 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160331210438-#0331-g0026734 [Build #0331]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002487.112: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d5bdc8c1, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (046effa1, ahead +10)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (6bd24f3f), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (974820ab, +25), pvr.demo (e74822f2, +21), pvr.dvblink (82c7b4d5, +20), pvr.dvbviewer (7a86cc53, +22), pvr.filmon (0d8dd5bd, +27), pvr.hdhomerun (fd9daf4a, +32), pvr.hts (0f88a357, +67), pvr.iptvsimple (b741cac7, +27), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (96f415e3, +52), pvr.mythtv (f8d25fda, +36), pvr.nextpvr (d445c5ad, +27), pvr.njoy (b9b0ae43, +19), pvr.pctv (f1880484, +25), pvr.stalker (14a7c70d, +28), pvr.vbox (e70146d8, +27), pvr.vdr.vnsi (675c806f, +40), pvr.vuplus (d8c6f9ba, +23), pvr.wmc (898e2dad, +33)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Exclude [env] package.mk: dcadec: Drop (not needed anymore)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix OE settings button after Estuary update
  • Include [env] patch: Fix system keyboard patch
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] patch: Adapt platform library name to p8-platform (screensaver.shadertoy)
  • Include [pkg] PR:5: Improved icon.png (screensaver.shadertoy)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8723: Implement filecache retry logic (breaks Amazon)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Switch to FFmnpeg 3.0.1 - this is quite a major change so there might be regressions and new bugs
  3. Dropped all add-on related workarounds - if you delete all your Addons*.db files you will not have any non-system add-ons automatically enabled, but at least you should be able to enable them manually
  4. New AddonsDB schema v23
  5. bcm2835-sdhost: Precalc divisors and overclocks
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [binary addons] Fix patch.exe usage on Windows (PR:9470, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • add info dialog support for directory providers (PR:9371, 4 commits, 16 files changed)
    • Add missing JSON support for recordings channel types. (PR:9333, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • remove pvr clients from addon repository table (PR:9444, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [addons] recently updated directory (PR:9411, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to 3.0 (PR:9491, 14 commits, 38 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer - cleanup (PR:9503, 3 commits, 17 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: drop outdated comment in DVDClock (d5bdc8c1)
  2. pvr.argustv:
  3. pvr.demo:
  4. pvr.dvblink:
  5. pvr.dvbviewer:
  6. pvr.filmon:
  7. pvr.hdhomerun:
  8. pvr.hts:
    • Support for PVR API 5.1.1 and minor fixes (PR:213, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Update .travis.yml (f7cfb006)
  9. pvr.iptvsimple:
  10. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
  11. pvr.mythtv:
  12. pvr.nextpvr:
  13. pvr.njoy:
  14. pvr.pctv:
  15. pvr.stalker:
  16. pvr.vbox:
  17. pvr.vuplus:
  18. pvr.wmc:
  19. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [ffmpeg] Speed up wtv index creation (f1635848)
      • Revert "[mmalrenderer] Wait for vsync before submitting to mmal when display sync is disabled" (dc275011)
  20. kernel 4.4.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • net, sched: add skb_at_tc_ingress helper (a436f21b)
      • net: fix bridge multicast packet checksum validation (966e306c)
      • bpf: add skb_postpush_rcsum and fix dev_forward_skb occasions (7ce01cd3)
      • bcm2835-sdhost: Precalc divisors and overclocks (20260462)
  21. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Exclude [env] package.mk: dcadec: Drop (not needed anymore)
(2016-04-01, 02:13)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 01:14)garm Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for your time

Your log isn't showing much, and it doesn't have debug enabled. I can see you are performing a video library scan, try disabling that to see if it helps.

Also try disabling all third-party addons by testing with a "clean" system:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.back
systemctl start kodi
and see if the freezing continues - you can delete /storage/.kodi and restore your original setup once you are done testing. If the freezing doesn't happen with a clean system, it's likely one of your addons is misbehaving.

Hi,
oh didnt know I had to activate it.

tried the "clean" mode with renaming and trying the same file the freezing still continues.

renamed it back and put it on debug mode:
kodi.log file
http://xbmclogs.com/paiiwwdjg

kodiold.log (don't know why this one is so big)
http://xbmclogs.com/p8faclbed

Sorry forgot to make an log from the clean mode if you want I can make next time one in clean state

Thanks for your help

Edit: Will try to reencode maybe some codec or something is missing and thats why some Videos are working others don't
A log from the clean mode would be preferable, particularly as you have some questionable addons installed.

What is the name of the file you are playing, because in your first log I don't see you playing any file. If you're able to upload a sample of a file that freezes, that would be very helpful. Is it always the same videos that freeze?
(2016-04-01, 02:27)Milhouse Wrote:

dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=spi=on

The obvious change in #0314 is the switch to dynamic device tree but that is a kernel-only change, and you're not copying the kernel from copying #0313. Although the dynamic device tree changes were in the kernel tree on 13 March they were not included in the #0313 build, as it was felt better to blacklist them until later.

What if you re-install #0331 (ie. latest build) using keeping the #0331 firmware, delete *.dtbo from the /flash/overlays folder, reboot - do you still have SPI problems? You should have just the *.dtb files left in your /flash/overlays folder.

I made a quick test with #0331 in the morning and delete all the *.dtbo files in overlay directory. But now I must copy first the old *.dtb overlay files from #0313 because the overlay directory is now empty. I will try this in the evening.
By the way is SPI and on-board sound card support not included in the base bcm27*rpi*.dtb files? Actually there is no extra overlay file needed for module support. Just parameter dtparam=audio=on and dtparam=spi=on to switch on
(2016-04-01, 02:47)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0331: RPi / RPi2

Hi there, new Raspberry Pi 3 owner here. Installed OpenElec via NOOBS then copied this .tar file to the Upgrade folder.

Upon reboot it showed the output in top left corner, indicating updates occoured, kernel, etc.

However, now the system just freezes on the new blue KODI logo upon bootup.

Have rebooted multiple times, this did not work for me. Any idea?
(2016-04-01, 02:05)Gade Wrote: If you use Rapier for Kodi 17, you really should use my development repo. All issues you mention are fixed now and most of them have been fixed for a while.
Features are added quickly, so keeping the skin up to date with the latest nightlies in the official repo is not possible.
The development repo is updated once or several times a week, while the official repo is updated once a month or even longer.

The Rapier 10.1.0 update just pushed to the official repo fixes all your above mentioned issues.

Read how to install my development repo here.

Great - except that the update took 4 attempts to download, it is installed now.. (10.0.6)..

BUT: Still no "Live TV" in the main menu... And pvr.tvh is activated and working (activated with my "red" mapping)..
Strange...

And still - it is a wonder to me how TV can work better with Rapier than with Estuary....

UPD: Just realized that my pvr.tvh version has "somehow" been rolled back to 2.2.13... Believe I remember that it had been 3.xx... Strange! (although - it is working super well currently..)
(2016-04-01, 07:57)locust Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 02:47)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0331: RPi / RPi2

Hi there, new Raspberry Pi 3 owner here. Installed OpenElec via NOOBS then copied this .tar file to the Upgrade folder.

Upon reboot it showed the output in top left corner, indicating updates occoured, kernel, etc.

Let it boot up. It will take 5-10 minutes and then disable PVR clients, if you don't use them, and you'll have a normal boot.
It you want to use PVR, install build #0319. This is the last build that worked perfectly for me, "out of the box" ,with no additional tweaking, also on RP3.
(2016-04-01, 08:12)toppot Wrote: BUT: Still no "Live TV" in the main menu... And pvr.tvh is activated and working (activated with my "red" mapping)..
Strange...

You need 10.1.0 from the official repo to get that fixed.

If you have any other skin related questions, please ask in the Rapier forums (this is not related to OpenELEC). I'll be more than happy to help! Smile
(2016-04-01, 07:57)locust Wrote:

This mirrors my experience with #330 and #331 but if you wait long enough, it will get past the blue Kodi screen, then complains about PVR addons for a while before rebooting.
(2016-04-01, 07:43)herrmeier01 Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 02:27)Milhouse Wrote:

dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=spi=on

I made a quick test with #0331 in the morning and delete all the *.dtbo files in overlay directory. But now I must copy first the old *.dtb overlay files from #0313 because the overlay directory is now empty. I will try this in the evening.
By the way is SPI and on-board sound card support not included in the base bcm27*rpi*.dtb files? Actually there is no extra overlay file needed for module support. Just parameter dtparam=audio=on and dtparam=spi=on to switch on

Hmmm... I wonder why your overlays folder didn't have dtb files? If you install #0313, it will populate the overlays folder with dtb files. If you then upgrade to #0331, it will populate the overlays folder with "dynamic" dtbo files, while leaving the dtb files untouched. So for the dtb files to be missing, this would suggest you haven't done an upgrade from a pre-dynamic device tree build (ie. #0313 or earlier) to a dynamic device tree build (ie. #0314 or later) - maybe a "clean" install of some kind? Or something else has caused the dtb files to go AWOL.

Anyway I wanted to see if #0331 (ie. the latest build) would work better with the dtb files than the dtbo files as I believe the kernel will still use dtb files if there is no dtbo file. If it did, this might help narrow down the issue to the spi dtbo file.
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6