• 128(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-01, 07:57)locust Wrote: Hi there, new Raspberry Pi 3 owner here. Installed OpenElec via NOOBS then copied this .tar file to the Upgrade folder.

Upon reboot it showed the output in top left corner, indicating updates occoured, kernel, etc.

However, now the system just freezes on the new blue KODI logo upon bootup.

Have rebooted multiple times, this did not work for me. Any idea?
Hard to know without a log, but my best guess would be that you need to delete your Addons*.db files from /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database (make backups first), restart Kodi, then re-enable your now disabled add-ons.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-01, 08:12)toppot Wrote: [quote='Gade' pid='2298293' dateline='1459469133']
UPD: Just realized that my pvr.tvh version has "somehow" been rolled back to 2.2.13... Believe I remember that it had been 3.xx... Strange! (although - it is working super well currently..)

These builds include the latest pvr.* addons, and don't allow pvr add-on updates to be downloaded no matter what version is offered on the internet. If you have a locally installed pvr.* add-on in /storage/.kodi/addons you should delete it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-01, 09:51)kieranc Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 07:57)locust Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 02:47)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0331: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Hi there, new Raspberry Pi 3 owner here. Installed OpenElec via NOOBS then copied this .tar file to the Upgrade folder.

Upon reboot it showed the output in top left corner, indicating updates occoured, kernel, etc.

However, now the system just freezes on the new blue KODI logo upon bootup.

Have rebooted multiple times, this did not work for me. Any idea?
This mirrors my experience with #330 and #331 but if you wait long enough, it will get past the blue Kodi screen, then complains about PVR addons for a while before rebooting.

I suspect this is happening because in Addons21 the PVR clients have been marked as enabled, when they shouldn't be. Which until a week or so ago wasn't a problem when LiveTV is disabled. But now the LiveTV enabled/disabled switch has been removed, and the decision to enable LiveTV is made on the basis of having one or more enabled PVR clients installed in the system.

Consequently when migrating an old Addons database that has one or more enabled PVR clients (but disabled LiveTV) you are suddenly left with a new system that has one or more active PVR client you don't want, all trying to do something (and usually failing) when Kodi starts.

What maybe should have happened is that when the PVR clients are migrated to the new Addons22 database, they should be enabled/disabled based on the LiveTV setting - disabled PVR clients remain disabled, but "enabled" PVR clients should be migrated as disabled if LiveTV is not enabled.

Even a user with a single enabled PVR client - and who has disabled LiveTV - is going to have a less than stellar user experience after migrating to the new Addons database, because that PVR client they weren't using before will become active again and the user won't know what is going on while they stare at the Kodi splash screen for several minutes.

But that's what these test builds are for, to identify these problems before they impact ordinary users, and for that we are all grateful! Smile

Disabling pvr clients in Addons22.db/Addons23.db is probably the easiest/quickest solution:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons23.db "update installed set enabled=0 where addonID like 'pvr.%'"
systemctl start kodi
(2016-04-01, 10:34)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 07:43)herrmeier01 Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 02:27)Milhouse Wrote: The obvious change in #0314 is the switch to dynamic device tree but that is a kernel-only change, and you're not copying the kernel from copying #0313. Although the dynamic device tree changes were in the kernel tree on 13 March they were not included in the #0313 build, as it was felt better to blacklist them until later.

What if you re-install #0331 (ie. latest build) using keeping the #0331 firmware, delete *.dtbo from the /flash/overlays folder, reboot - do you still have SPI problems? You should have just the *.dtb files left in your /flash/overlays folder.

I made a quick test with #0331 in the morning and delete all the *.dtbo files in overlay directory. But now I must copy first the old *.dtb overlay files from #0313 because the overlay directory is now empty. I will try this in the evening.
By the way is SPI and on-board sound card support not included in the base bcm27*rpi*.dtb files? Actually there is no extra overlay file needed for module support. Just parameter dtparam=audio=on and dtparam=spi=on to switch on

Hmmm... I wonder why your overlays folder didn't have dtb files? If you install #0313, it will populate the overlays folder with dtb files. If you then upgrade to #0331, it will populate the overlays folder with "dynamic" dtbo files, while leaving the dtb files untouched. So for the dtb files to be missing, this would suggest you haven't done an upgrade from a pre-dynamic device tree build (ie. #0313 or earlier) to a dynamic device tree build (ie. #0314 or later) - maybe a "clean" install of some kind? Or something else has caused the dtb files to go AWOL.

Anyway I wanted to see if #0331 (ie. the latest build) would work better with the dtb files than the dtbo files as I believe the kernel will still use dtb files if there is no dtbo file. If it did, this might help narrow down the issue to the spi dtbo file.

I did always manually update or downgrade and delete the files in overlay folder thats why there missing. In the evening I will copy the *.dtb files back from #0313 to the #0331 installation and delete the *.dtbo files. After that I make the test.
Thanks a lot for your help
(2016-04-01, 09:43)Gade Wrote: You need 10.1.0 from the official repo to get that fixed.

If you have any other skin related questions, please ask in the Rapier forums (this is not related to OpenELEC). I'll be more than happy to help! Smile

Got it - and thanks Cool
(and made a post in the Rapier thread..)
Didn't have time to test it much last night, but 0331 resulted in a blank screen (but with sound) for liveTV. Recorded TV played back just fine, which was odd. Rolling back to 0330 and liveTV does not show a blank screen. I'll look again tonight but was curious if anyone else saw that issue. I'm using the mythtv pvr plugin.
(2016-04-01, 15:30)zaphod24 Wrote: Didn't have time to test it much last night, but 0331 resulted in a blank screen (but with sound) for liveTV. Recorded TV played back just fine, which was odd. Rolling back to 0330 and liveTV does not show a blank screen. I'll look again tonight but was curious if anyone else saw that issue. I'm using the mythtv pvr plugin.

When you test again, can you check with "sync playback to display" enabled/disabled, and with omxplayer enabled/disabled.
Assuming they don't help, it's probably caused by the bump to ffmpeg 3. We'll have to see if other platforms report the issue.

Also do TV recordings work?
Yeah, I can do that! Recorded TV does work, which is odd, because liveTV in mythtv is also just a recording but constantly playing near to the end of the recording. I have seen some strangeness where liveTV playback takes a while (a few seconds) to realize that the stream is at 59.94fps and not 25fps while recorded TV makes that change almost instantly.

OMXPlayer has been disabled for some time and I think the recent builds also default to the sync being off as well. I will see if turning on either/both makes a difference. I'm using a Pi3 now btw.
(2016-04-01, 15:30)zaphod24 Wrote: Didn't have time to test it much last night, but 0331 resulted in a blank screen (but with sound) for liveTV. Recorded TV played back just fine, which was odd. Rolling back to 0330 and liveTV does not show a blank screen. I'll look again tonight but was curious if anyone else saw that issue. I'm using the mythtv pvr plugin.

Same here!
I have just upgraded from 0330 to 0331, and Live TV (using TVHeadend front- and Backend on RP2) produce sound but no picture.
Was working normally with 0330.
(2016-04-01, 16:29)MicTie Wrote:

Same here!
I have just upgraded from 0330 to 0331, and Live TV (using TVHeadend front- and Backend on RP2) produce sound but no picture.
Was working normally with 0330.

Interesting! Are you in a position where you can try the things popcornmix mentioned, enabling/disabling OMXplayer and also the "sync playback to display" option?
Hi,

Having the same issue with blank screen on Live TV as others.

Debug Log: http://sprunge.us/TdEL

I'm using TVHeadend. I have the license key installed for MPEG2. All was working well on #329 but this issue is here on #331. I can check with #330 as well but I'm guessing that this may be to do with the ffmpeg bump.

For the debug OMXPlayer was disabled and MMAL was on.
If I disable MMAL and enable OMXPlayer then all works.

Edit:
OMXPlayer disabled; MMAL enabled; Sync playback to display enabled = working
OMXPlayer disabled; MMAL enabled; Sync playback to display disabled = not working (as per log)
(2016-04-01, 16:50)cojms1 Wrote: Debug Log: http://sprunge.us/TdEL

Can you enable "video" component specific debugging and post another log (of the failing case).
Updated log here: http://sprunge.us/TWQP

The channel playing should start around 16:38:42.
(2016-04-01, 04:53)Milhouse Wrote: A log from the clean mode would be preferable, particularly as you have some questionable addons installed.

What is the name of the file you are playing, because in your first log I don't see you playing any file. If you're able to upload a sample of a file that freezes, that would be very helpful. Is it always the same videos that freeze?

Hi,

ok here are the smaller clean log:
http://xbmclogs.com/pkw2ehnq8
and the clean big one:
http://xbmclogs.com/pdqeplhrm

I can send you the mediainfo from the file if you want, the issue is its random so I cant make a small sample file.
Sometime it freezes early sometimes to the end of the file.

I fast forward not most of the time to get the freeze faster 10sec jumps or 30sec.

I can also try to install it on another sd card maybe the card broke...

Thanks for your time

Edit: re-encodeing the file didnt help either, guess sd card will be next step to try
(2016-04-01, 17:42)cojms1 Wrote: Updated log here: http://sprunge.us/TWQP

The channel playing should start around 16:38:42.

Thanks. This is the issue:
Code:
16:38:44 5336.334961 T:1962475520   DEBUG: CMMALRenderer::Configure - 704x576->[email protected] flags:12 format:18 ext:0 orient:0

The "@0.00" is the framerate we are told about from configure. Not sure why the video framerate isn't known.
My code isn't handling that. I'll do something about that for tonight's build.
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6