• 130(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
I have mkv file with 10 bit color depth. It plays OK on Kodi PC but on RPi I get layered shades (it still plays).
Is this from RPi hardware limitation or some other factors or settings?
(2016-04-01, 22:30)niwa2 Wrote: I just updated from 0224 to 0331 because the confluence skin got messed up today (no transparencys are shown anymore, just black squares). The same ist still happenening with 0331.

I got same problem on confluence skin. No special error messages on log.

(2016-04-02, 06:07)parcel Wrote: I got same problem on confluence skin. No special error messages on log.

OK I'm seeing it too, just freshly installed Confluence. Will have a think.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Regarding Confluence problems, this is not an issue related to these builds, it's a recent Confluence update that is causing the problem (it updated 2 days ago). I've gone back to build #0301 and see the same problems with Confluence 3.0.6. I downgraded Confluence to a previous version, 3.0.0, and that works fine with build #0401.

Please report it here: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125

Edit: I've just tried all the recent versions from Confluence github, https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/commits/master, and they're all working fine, so I think this must be a packaging error in the Kodi repository. I've pinged @Hitcher and @ronie on Slack.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Since new db23 addon disables all self installed addons i am using this script to enable them. It is better then doing it by hand.
Is it possible to optimize it?

systemctl stop kodi
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons23.db "update installed set enabled=1 where addonID like '%.%'"
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons23.db "update installed set enabled=0 where addonID like 'pvr.%'"
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons23.db "update installed set enabled=1 where addonID like 'pvr.hts'"
systemctl start kodi
(2016-04-02, 08:05)illiac4 Wrote: Since new db23 addon disables all self installed addons i am using this script to enable them. It is better then doing it by hand.

Yes, it will leave everything disabled if you start the system without an existing Addons*.db, while it will enable everything if you migrate an existing Addons*.db.

Despite best efforts to convince otherwise, this is considered the right thing to do, but there may still be a chance to implement a better solution if the current implementation continues to be a problem (which, IMHO, it will).

Hacking around the problem isn't really a solution, not that there is an easy fix since the problem occurs after Kodi starts (as it creates or migrates the db). PR9481 is the closest we came to a sane fix.

(2016-04-02, 08:05)illiac4 Wrote: Is it possible to optimize it?

The best you can do for now is to start Kodi in order that it creates the new db, then kill Kodi before modifying the new db using SQL, and hopefully that will be the end of the problem. Obviously this is a potential support nightmare waiting to happen.
(2016-04-01, 18:21)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 17:42)cojms1 Wrote: Updated log here: http://sprunge.us/TWQP

The channel playing should start around 16:38:42.

Thanks. This is the issue:
Code:
16:38:44 5336.334961 T:1962475520   DEBUG: CMMALRenderer::Configure - 704x576->[email protected] flags:12 format:18 ext:0 orient:0

The "@0.00" is the framerate we are told about from configure. Not sure why the video framerate isn't known.
My code isn't handling that. I'll do something about that for tonight's build.

All seems to be working now. Thanks muchly. Big Grin
(2016-04-02, 04:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 22:27)herrmeier01 Wrote: On #0331 MPD deamon don't start. I think this is FFmnpeg 3.0.1 related.

mpd: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have uploaded a new version of mpd to to the addons folder - can you try that?

Excellent, thanks a lot Milhouse. MPD is working again.

By the way, does someone knows where how to make the ALSA settings persistent?
alsactl -f /storage/.config/sound.conf store does not work
(2016-04-02, 03:40)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 03:35)garm Wrote: guess its just my faullt then ....

I looked at your log files. The first doesn't show any attempt to play a file. The second does. What confuses me is why you included the first log, does that also freeze? With the second log, has it frozen at the point you uploaded the log... maybe provide some explanation of what you are doing and what happens, and how this relates to the logs as it's not obvious what the problem is or when it occurs.

I include it just because both get created after the freeze so i just paste both.
I start the file and and between 1-20 min I get the random freeze. To force the freeze i jump forward in 10-30 sec jumps. Will reinstall on a new sd card, now going to get one.
Milhouse, any chance of an updated VDR addon? I don't know the cause, but lately recordings have not been working (writing 0kb files), and more recently I think the server is continuously crashing (Kodi keeps reloading channels)
(2016-04-02, 13:14)username145 Wrote: Milhouse, any chance of an updated VDR addon? I don't know the cause, but lately recordings have not been working (writing 0kb files), and more recently I think the server is continuously crashing (Kodi keeps reloading channels)

Here my VDR recorings looks ok. I use the latest 8.0.2 from here
Did it work for you before?
(2016-04-02, 00:01)J_E_F_F Wrote: How do those compare to high/med/low bit rate, and about what bit rate is the RPi2 good up to in 720p?

It's rather more complicated than just bitrate. We can play some 10Mbit/s HEVC which is very high for HEVC (with it's higher compression rates).
But it is possible to produce a 1Mbit/s stream we can't play.

Note, that we use GPU acceleration, so if we are dropping frames and the ARM isn't busy, it suggests the GPU is the bottleneck.
Overclocking (v3d_freq, core_freq and sdram_freq) will help the GPU.
(2016-04-02, 13:23)herrmeier01 Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 13:14)username145 Wrote: Milhouse, any chance of an updated VDR addon? I don't know the cause, but lately recordings have not been working (writing 0kb files), and more recently I think the server is continuously crashing (Kodi keeps reloading channels)

Here my VDR recorings looks ok. I use the latest 8.0.2 from here
Did it work for you before?

Yes, running latest version for rPi 2 (on an rPi 3)

It was working as of a couple of weeks ago, no changes since then other than VDR addon and OE updates. Live TV playback works, until I experience the "crash", hit stop, and it reloads channels, at which point I can play a channel again
I tried new sd card and its still the same so my last bet is codec
http://xbmclogs.com/pocelcpo3
so i cant do anything about it only use an old build guess last time it worked was #311
(2016-04-02, 13:26)popcornmix Wrote: It's rather more complicated than just bitrate. We can play some 10Mbit/s HEVC which is very high for HEVC (with it's higher compression rates).
But it is possible to produce a 1Mbit/s stream we can't play.

Note, that we use GPU acceleration, so if we are dropping frames and the ARM isn't busy, it suggests the GPU is the bottleneck.
Overclocking (v3d_freq, core_freq and sdram_freq) will help the GPU.

Thanks for the details, I didn't know all that. It does lead me to a different question.

I guess I know now that GPU acceleration is completely unrelated to hardware decoding?
I have my core_freq at 550 and sdram_freq at 600, what would you recommend for v3d_freq on a RPi2?

I do use avoid_pwm_pll=1 because in the past (have not tried in many months) without it and the core_freq overclocked, after watching a h264 movie, the h264 freq would not dynamically slow back down, it would stay pegged at 500 as noted by bcmstat.sh

*edit* Just tried without avoid_pwm_pll=1, same issue, the h264 stays at 250 without going back to 0 after watching h264 content. Is that an issue?
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6