• 138(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-07, 07:49)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0406: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

[*]firmware: arm_loader: Strip comments after dtoverlay and dtparam. See: link

@Popcornmix: This is fixed. Thanks a lot!
(2016-04-07, 12:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 03:23)3DBuff Wrote: Loaded back latest #0405
OMXplayer - Audio Offset is working OK
MML - Audio Offset is stuck in 0 delay. Controls have no effect on audio delay.
It started with build #0404

Try with #406.

1. Audio offset control has no effect on audio delay for me on #0406 (update: neither on #0407)
(RPi2 default player)
Pointers on how to test subcomponents and help debug are welcome (I'm a newbie on Kodi)

2. Updates to MyMusic60 database ran into problems for me due to the RPi could not set the TRIGGER tgrDeleteAlbum.
The workaround was to temporarily grant the Kodi DB user SUPER on *.* during the database upgrade.
This was on a server running 5.5.44-MariaDB-log MariaDB Server (QNAP NAS).

3. I also had problems upgrading the MyVIdeo database from 103 to 104, but I think that was due to my own fiddling with the 103 database causing some extra columns in a few tables. The workaround was to make the "upgrade" initialize a new 104 database and then manually populate it by INSERT-ing from oldMyVideo103.* tables into the 104 version tables.

During this I noticed that the logging of all the mysql commands in upgrading the music database were very good, but there was not nearly as good information from the problems with the MyVideos upgrade. Only information was:
Code:
ERROR: SQL: Can't drop index 'movielinktvshow'                                 Error: 1075
But the MyMusic upgrade listed the MySQL commands as they were sent to the server making it much easier to debug.

4. Since some time (#0310 or so maybe?) Kodi is not honoring the
Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
entry in config.txt. The kodi.log reports the variable is set, but the HDMI connected TV switches to Kodi when the device has booted.
Code:
00:49:48  10.076047 T:1961811968  NOTICE: Config:
                                            arm_freq=900
                                            audio_pwm_mode=1
                                            audio_sdm_mod_order=2
                                            config_hdmi_boost=5
                                            disable_commandline_tags=2
                                            disable_l2cache=1
                                            enable_uart=1
                                            force_eeprom_read=1
                                            force_pwm_open=1
                                            framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1
                                            framebuffer_swap=1
                                            hdmi_channel_map=8
                                            hdmi_force_cec_address=65535
                                            hdmi_force_hotplug=1
                                            hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
                                            init_uart_clock=0x2dc6c0
                                            lcd_framerate=60
                                            over_voltage_avs=0x1b774
                                            overscan_bottom=48
                                            overscan_left=48
                                            overscan_right=48
                                            overscan_top=48
                                            pause_burst_frames=1
                                            program_serial_random=1
                                            sdram_freq=450
                                            temp_limit=85
00:49:48  10.076331 T:1961811968  NOTICE: Config:
                                            decode_MPG2=0x0058b3c2
                                            device_tree=-
(2016-04-07, 16:51)toppot Wrote: Can you explain how I then can restore my .kodi, have all my add-ons etc., but the config reset to default... Quite strange.. HuhHuh

A corrupted guisettings.xml file will appear to be reset to default, that's about the only explanation I've got.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC.tv Krypton build #0407: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.4.6 #1 Thu Apr 7 21:41:27 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  6 2016 18:42:46
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b7da52ec944a9e1691745036966b3b2a48b19e8b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160407214033-#0407-g0026734 [Build #0407]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002483.795: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC.tv master (0026734b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (654f233f, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock5 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-4.4.y
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest bcm2835-driver master (0a96f63b, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (92583ef9, ahead +2)
  • Includes latest libcec master (6d68d212)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (3c26ce1e, ahead +13)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: adsp.basic (5cf12e83, +7), adsp.biquad.filters (af575f3d, +7), adsp.freesurround (6dc533be, +8), asplib (da66f517, +13), inputstream.mpd (6bd24f3f), peripheral.joystick (76b7c40a, +48), pvr.argustv (974820ab, +25), pvr.demo (e74822f2, +21), pvr.dvblink (82c7b4d5, +20), pvr.dvbviewer (6ab861fa, +33), pvr.filmon (0d8dd5bd, +27), pvr.hdhomerun (fd9daf4a, +32), pvr.hts (0f88a357, +67), pvr.iptvsimple (b741cac7, +27), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (96f415e3, +52), pvr.mythtv (f8d25fda, +36), pvr.nextpvr (d445c5ad, +27), pvr.njoy (b9b0ae43, +19), pvr.pctv (f1880484, +25), pvr.stalker (14a7c70d, +28), pvr.vbox (e70146d8, +27), pvr.vdr.vnsi (b64e7b4c, +43), pvr.vuplus (d8c6f9ba, +23), pvr.wmc (898e2dad, +33)
  • Includes commits from service.openelec.settings/, ahead +1 (OpenELEC)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.42-KEY_EPG.patch: Added upstream
  • Exclude [env] package.mk: dcadec: Drop (not needed anymore)
  • Include [env] e7cbe9cb: xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
  • Include [env] ed774729: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
  • Include [env] 3a6268c9: VAAPI: Enable EGL
  • Include [env] 6be9ebe7: libva / libva-driver-intel: bump to 1.7.0
  • Include [env] 98c65e6a: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
  • Include [env] 20965d0a: mesa: update to 11.2.0-rc4
  • Include [env] patch: xf86-video-intel: bump to 3fafabe
  • Include [env] patch: Clean Kodi view cache on startup
  • Include [env] patch: Fix OE settings button after Estuary update
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.*
  • Include [env] patch: Add extra headers needed by 3D BD MVC
  • Include [env] patch: Add support for dynamic device tree overlays
  • Include [env] patch: Set default volume steps to 20
  • Include [env] patch: Enable game controllers in manifest, add repository.kodi.game
  • Include [env] patch: Bump libbluray - include MVC support
  • Include [env] patch: Enable other binary addons
  • Include [env] patch: Reinstate version check service add-on - avoid black screens on x86?
  • Include [env] patch: Update inputstream.mpd settings
  • Include [env] patch: Install dtoverlay userland
  • Include [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable pvr updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Binary-Addons: Package inputstream.mpd
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: peripheral.joystick binary addon
  • Include [env] PR:4500: kodi: update to 17.0
  • Include [env] PR:4537: [scripts] Add PKG_SOURCE_NAME for non-standard package tarballs
  • Include [env] PR:4661: stripping changes
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8723: Implement filecache retry logic
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:9334: [chg] decrease volume steps to 20
  • Include [pkg] PR:9538: [Peripherals] m_bNeedsPolling broken for busses where it is set outsi?
  • Revert [pkg] e9a6d59f: VideoPlayer: inputstream, fix cp error (Reason: inputstream.mpd needs update) (kodi)
  • Revert [pkg] PR:9531: VideoPlayer: add method for requesting desired video resolution to demuxer (Reason: inputstream.mpd needs update)
Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. MMALRenderer: Wait for vsync after presenting
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [dvd] Remove duplicated members. (PR:9571, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [fix] CID 1358356, 1358357, 1358358: Out-of-bounds write (OVERRUN). (PR:9572, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [python-api] allow setting imdbnumber / set / setid for listitems (PR:9570, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • FIX: [droid] cap refresh rates when probing, too (PR:9574, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • MMALRenderer: Wait for vsync after presenting (bde94648)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-05, 18:05)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 15:50)nick w Wrote: How do you schedule your Pi to suspend after 3 mins?
mine are on 24/7 wondering if i should put them all in suspend after a few minuets after not being in use

Make sure your Settings level is Advanced or Expert. You configure the suspend function in the "Power saving" section:

Settings > System > Power saving > Shutdown function > Suspend (and set the "Shutdown function timer" to 15 min, or you whatever prefer).

This is a "virtual" suspend as the Pi can't actually suspend for real - when it suspends, it simply cuts power to the HDMI port, which is enough for the connected display to go into "eco" mode (switch off backlight etc.).

You can "suspend" the Pi with "texturecache.py power suspend" at the command line, or from the Power menu. Any remote/keyboard button will resume/wake the suspended Pi.

It is too bad that does not work with Kore Remote, there is no way to get it out of suspend that I can find. I even played a video, Kore showed it as playing, but nothing was on the display, and the TV display was active, showing no signal.

finding a USB bluetooth remote worked, but not Kore.
(2016-04-07, 12:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 03:23)3DBuff Wrote: Loaded back latest #0405
OMXplayer - Audio Offset is working OK
MML - Audio Offset is stuck in 0 delay. Controls have no effect on audio delay.
It started with build #0404

Try with #406.

Just tested the latest build #0407

It's opposite now.
MML is working OK.
OMX is stuck around 0 delay
(2016-04-07, 16:52)cojms1 Wrote: The loss of audio seemed to happen at around 15:35:20 but I have provided full logs just in case there is a cumulative problem that may have caused it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I pointed FernetMenta at your log (he is the expert for live TV playback) and he thinks the problem is with tvheadend. Might be best to report the issue there.
(2016-04-08, 12:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 16:52)cojms1 Wrote: The loss of audio seemed to happen at around 15:35:20 but I have provided full logs just in case there is a cumulative problem that may have caused it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I pointed FernetMenta at your log (he is the expert for live TV playback) and he thinks the problem is with tvheadend. Might be best to report the issue there.

Thanks. I'll go over to their forum and see what I can find out.
(2016-04-08, 02:14)J_E_F_F Wrote: It is too bad that does not work with Kore Remote, there is no way to get it out of suspend that I can find. I even played a video, Kore showed it as playing, but nothing was on the display, and the TV display was active, showing no signal.

finding a USB bluetooth remote worked, but not Kore.

Yes, JSON or web based input won't wake a "suspended" device - it's not currently compatible with IP-based remotes.
@J_E_F_F
Have you tried suspend/wake with Yatse?
Seems to be working fine here.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I have not, I've only used Kore.
If kore couln't send MagicPackets for Wakeup, it should be a good Feature to implement next.
| myHTPC |
Yatse does work, and seems to offer better library management over Kore. Thanks for the tip.
Being mindful or the amount of issues still being worked on there is one area in Krypton that still is causing problems for me. I have a large collection of pictures on a file servers that I access via Kodi. The later pictures are quite large, up to 20MB in compressed JPEG form. All recent pre-krypton versions don't seem to have a problem with that - they will display the images just fine. Krypton however doesn't, it will show the smaller images OK but anything large it either shows a blank screen and locks up and after a while reboots or reboots almost immedeatly. Same happens if it tries to index an image library with large pictures...

It doesn't look like its Krypton however, krypton's nightly's running on windows have no problems, so must be a Pi specific one..

Not super critical of course - guess the DVD capability is more important..

btw I'm running on a PI2

thnx
(2016-04-09, 00:03)cdvreede Wrote: The later pictures are quite large, up to 20MB in compressed JPEG form. All recent pre-krypton versions don't seem to have a problem with that - they will display the images just fine. Krypton however doesn't, it will show the smaller images OK but anything large it either shows a blank screen and locks up and after a while reboots or reboots almost immedeatly. Same happens if it tries to index an image library with large pictures...

If you have a sample file that crashes then I'd like to see it.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6