Solved Kodi 16.0 profiles switch problem (test builds)
Possible fix for saving of skin settings when switching profiles

---------- WILL BE IN 16.0 beta 5 ------------

Please test all profile switch cases regarding skin settings not properly saving.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just installed the test build and everything is working as expected now (Win32). No issues at all....all settings seem to be staying separate (or however it works lol).

Thanks for the work on this!!!!
A quick test on Windows here worked. I first had to re-copy the profile from isengrad to jarvis but then all seemed fine.

Don't have time for anything more comprehensive at the sec, but instead of no library for my kids we have a library again, so that's handy!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Android: Fix is not working properly here! I have 3 profiles and first it seams, that saving individual profiles is working, but after a few re-logins in every profile every profile gets the setting from the last saved profile, e.g. the background image.
I am having issues switching profiles with MQ6 and was pointed to this thread - is this bug also in 15.2?
(2015-12-08, 19:31)Frederic Wrote: I am having issues switching profiles with MQ6 and was pointed to this thread - is this bug also in 15.2?
No
No further interest it seems?
Interest? Anyone who is running nightly versions isn't going to stick to a version that is 2 weeks old.

A new test build every day or so would get a lot more attention.

Profiles aren't a new feature so a little more attention to getting Jarvis to match features with Gotham and before would be nice.
(2015-12-16, 14:19)Scott00007 Wrote: Interest? Anyone who is running nightly versions isn't going to stick to a version that is 2 weeks old.

A new test build every day or so would get a lot more attention.

If the user would have wanted it fixed they should report back even though the build is two weeks old. Too much effort to create a new build every day. Also no one asked to get a new build
Any way the "fix" will be merged so good luck to them who use profiles.

Quote:Profiles aren't a new feature so a little more attention to getting Jarvis to match features with Gotham and before would be nice.

Yeah and stuff breaks at times. Hence these test builds which only few cared about even though it was mentioned in the blog post. To me that says something about how much this is wanted
Thread marked solved.
I wish it were, it still happens for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.0 profiles switch problem (test builds)0