ATI Video Card Crackling Audio in KodiBuntu over HDMI
Hello everyone,
I have been trying to solve this crackling/popping audio issue I have been experiencing. I just built a new HTPC from and old Core 2 Duo system with a newer ATI R7 270 video card. I installed Kodibuntu on it and have had audio crackling and popping on everything even in the menus when using the ATI HDMI audio. I seems like it could be repeating the sound if that makes sense. Anyways I have disabled the onboard intel audio which did work without distortion but I need HDMI to work.

I have tried everything I can find in the forums but nothing has helped. I edited the asound.conf file. None of the pulse audio information has had any effect because this is Kodibuntu and as far as I can tell it doesn't have pulse. I did originally try install openelec but it was never able to fully boot into Kodi. It would get to the confluence background but never show the menus.

So if you have any suggestions or ideas for help I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Jared
Know - not a kodi issue: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77677

Use very, very latest kernel (4.4-rc3 or later) and hope.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have the same problem, I have the Mini PC Asrock VisionX with the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7850M.

I hate the windows machine with Kodi and i really want Kodibuntu to run on this hardware, how can i fix it? (i almost try everything)
You can't. Please visit the above link and install the appropriate kernel.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-24, 18:14)BuSHari Wrote: I have the same problem, I have the Mini PC Asrock VisionX with the graphic card AMD Radeon HD7850M.

I hate the windows machine with Kodi and i really want Kodibuntu to run on this hardware, how can i fix it? (i almost try everything)

Try latest version from here if its working (kernel 4.4 already inside): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238393
I`ve already tried the latest kernel and it didn`t worked.
Do you think its related to the kernel?
It is the kernel - kodi uses a generic way to write audio data.

Btw. no kidding: for some people it helps to install pulseaudio and use pulseaudio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI Video Card Crackling Audio in KodiBuntu over HDMI0