Is it possible to disable one input method while Kodi is running?
ATM Xbox One controller is buggy in Kodi to the point it's impossible to control the menu. It would be good to disable Xbox One controller functionality while Kodi is running, so that I can freely use something else to control Kodi's GUI without needing to unplug the Xbox One controller. I wonder if it's possible? It would be a great help until Xbox One controller support is fixed.

I'm using Windows 10.
If nobody comes along with a better answer you could try looking in program files (or program files/x86)/kodi/system/keymaps for the .xml that defines inputs on the controller - I've no idea which it would be. Try systematically removing likely candidates (or change the extension eg .xml becomes .xmld, so kodi doesn't recognise the file), or remove everything but keyboard.xml, remote.xml and remote.xml, see if that works then add the others back systematically.
No guarantees at all, I've never tried it. You won't break anything doing this though, as it's all easily reversible.
Thanks, I'll try it. By removing controller input map I could probably restore controller functionality by using an input translator like Xpadder. It's not the "best" solution but it should work just fine. Smile
Settings>system settings>input devices>enable joystick and gamepad support>toggle and disable input.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to disable one input method while Kodi is running?0