• 5(current)
Release Amber now updated for Jarvis\v16
(2016-03-21, 12:53)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 23:26)michaelopenshaw Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 05:52)michaelopenshaw Wrote: I use favourites for menus and feeds within plugins/addons (ie: local news, trakt collections) and would like to know if there is a way to have them refresh content everytime I open them. I have to either go through the the original addon and navigate to where I need to get, or exit and re enter kodi....at the moment.

Let me know if I'm missing something or if this is just the way she goes.
Can somebody let me know if they have any insight? Maybe I'm in the wrong place..?

Hi, this thread is specific to Amber for Jarvis. Is your problem only applicable to this skin\release or is it a wider problem? If it is wider then it may be better to as on a more general forum, have you tried it on an alternative skin?

Do you have a specific addon in mind and I may be able to have a quick look?

I haven't tried it on a different skin because the reason I use Amber(and love it) is I like a favourites menu where I'm able to create favourite addons along with things within addons and even non kodi apps from my firetv. The only other skin I have is confluence which I don't believe has that ability...at least by default.

An example is, within the Canada On Demand* Addon I've created a favourite for the local news source. It doesn't refresh when I go into it from favourites. It will if I go through the addon and navigate to the source: Canada On Demand->All Channels->Global News->BC->Newshour->Then choose feed. Or turn Kodi on/off

This happened in Isengard too but I didn't get an answer in that forum...

Thanks for the response.
I have been using the amber skin for a long time and appreciate all the work that you have put into. I have a few questions regarding the recent updates. I am running on multiple devices and each has these problems.

1) Will you push through the update that fixes the border around the items on the home shelf ?
2) When I am scrolling across the home shelf, the shelf only moves for the first 3 items, then the name on the far left of the screen changes but the icons under it do not. Is there a fix for this ?
3) When add-ons/music is selected it does not open. Is there an update for this ?

Thank You for your help and consideration

Kodi 16 windows and android
(2016-03-24, 16:13)justanotherguy Wrote: I have been using the amber skin for a long time and appreciate all the work that you have put into. I have a few questions regarding the recent updates. I am running on multiple devices and each has these problems.

1) Will you push through the update that fixes the border around the items on the home shelf ?
2) When I am scrolling across the home shelf, the shelf only moves for the first 3 items, then the name on the far left of the screen changes but the icons under it do not. Is there a fix for this ?
3) When add-ons/music is selected it does not open. Is there an update for this ?

Thank You for your help and consideration

Kodi 16 windows and android

Hi,

1, I believe that Jester is working on a new release which will include this fix amongst others.
2, I don't have an issue with this on any of the shelves, which one are you using? Is it related to 1) so it isn't clear what is selected?
3, Looks like there was a bug where it only works if you also have music in the library. I've pushed a fix to jester and hopefully this can get included in the next release.

Thanks.
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes my second question was related to the first. There is not an outline around the box and the shelf only slides a few spots but the name doesn't always appear above the addon that you are "highlighting"

I have the shelf loaded with 10 add-ons.

The names of the addons are always displayed on the left side of the screen above the addon.
When the first addon is wanted the name correlates,
when you click to the right the shelf slides to the left and the 2nd addon is now on the edge of the screen with the proper name above it
when you click to the right again the shelf slides to the left again and the 3rd addon is on the edge of the screen with the proper name above it

However if you continue to click to the right the shelf stops sliding and the 3rd icon remains on the left side of the screen and the name above it changes to the name of the 4th,5th,6th,7th etc.

If you hit select it will select the correct addon but it is a bit confusing because the outline of the addon is missing and the name remains on the left side of the screen not above the icon for the addon you want

I hope that I clarified it and didn't confuse you even more.
I can take a picture if that might help
(2016-03-24, 18:15)justanotherguy Wrote: I hope that I clarified it and didn't confuse you even more.

Yes, I understand what you mean now, this is the same for all of the shelves: addons, favourites, tv shows, movie and music.

To change it would mean using either a wraplist, but you would have to use up or down to get back top the menu, so not great; or changing the movement value to 0. This would mean that the corresponding item is always below the name but if you scroll to the end then only one addon is available and if you use up\down\back to get back to the main menu it would look like there is only one item on the shelf, and at the moment we have no way of showing that if you scroll left you will find others.

For now I think we need to leave as is and mark this as one for the future.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for you input though, it is much appreciated.
Hello where is the Low List Setting gone for Videos/Movies ? This was my favorite and now its gone in the new Version.
Please add it again Thx Angel
(2016-04-06, 00:04)Zuranorb Wrote: Hello where is the Low List Setting gone for Videos/Movies ? This was my favorite and now its gone in the new Version.
Please add it again Thx Angel

Hmm, it is there on my 3 machines; x86 Linux, Pi2 and Windows, can you try re-downloading the skin?
hm strange I reinstalled Kodi 16.0 Jarvis and did a fresh install for amber skin but stil no low list aviable for me
Using Win7x64 Sad

(2016-04-10, 12:06)Zuranorb Wrote: hm strange I reinstalled Kodi 16.0 Jarvis and did a fresh install for amber skin but still no low list avaiable for me
Using Win7x64 Sad

It looks like it is an automated translation update. From your screenshot it is now called "Empfohlene Konzerte" which from what google tells me does not make sense at all (Recommended concerts!). I'm not sure how we fix so I've raised an issue: https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber/issues/46
@joethepartylion, thank you for your continued work with maintaining this skin. When can we expect to see it working with krypton? Currently running kodi on an appletv4. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-04-11, 13:45)Canyaya Wrote: @joethepartylion, thank you for your continued work with maintaining this skin. When can we expect to see it working with krypton? Currently running kodi on an appletv4. Thank you

No problem, if you are happy to test then you can try it from this branch here: https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin....e/Krypton1
Great! Thank you, do I just download the zip?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-04-12, 16:02)Canyaya Wrote: Great! Thank you, do I just download the zip?

Sent from my iPhone

Yes that should work. I'll create a thread for this so people can test.
(2016-04-11, 10:12)joethepartylion Wrote: It looks like it is an automated translation update. From your screenshot it is now called "Empfohlene Konzerte" which from what google tells me does not make sense at all (Recommended concerts!). I'm not sure how we fix so I've raised an issue: https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber/issues/46

Thx when i select "Empfohlene Konzerte" the View changes to Low List so its just a translation issue like you said Smile
I have some problems with Amber 2.2.5:
1) If I set vertical mode, after relaunching Kodi it backs to horizontal mode again. Tested in Jarvis with Raspberry and Ubuntu x64.
2) The same if I disable some tabs like weather.
3) Only in the Raspberry, exit tab only shows exit, not reboot, shutdown...

I tried removing data in userdata and the skin directory itself but it didn't fix it.

Also, I would like to know if it is possible to avoid the moving menu because tabs with moving menu makes my Raspberry goes to 70% CPU instead of 10%.

Thanks in advance and congratulation for this fantastic fork.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated for Jarvis\v165