PINE A64: 64-bit processor, supports up to 2GB of RAM and can output 4K

Measuring 3.125 inches by 5 inches, the PINE A64 includes a quad-core ARM Cortex A53 1.2GHz processor, dual-core Mali 400 MP2 graphics, support for up to 2GB of DDR3 SDRAM, a microSD slot (which can handle cards up to 256GB), up to gigabit ethernet, two USB 2.0 ports, one HDMI 1.4 connector offering 4K output and both a stereo mini-jack connector and built-in 3.7V Lithium battery charging circuit. PINE64 Inc. will also offer separate modules that will add a 5-megapixel camera port, 4 lane MIPI video port, touch panel port, WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth 4.0. Like other boards, it runs on 5V power through MicroUSB but can also call upon on-board power management via a battery.

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pin...per-comput

source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/09/pine-...ker-board/
Looks good otherwise, but isn't Allwinner suport for Kodi awful?
Any info on the Audio output?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Allwinner = no hardware acceleration.
Sadly Allwinner = lousy open source support for video acceleration, as Allwinner don't provide anything approaching decent Linux support for their SoCs (particularly the CedarX video decode stuff). They also have a very patchy history of promising stuff and then failing to deliver on those promises, and in some cases appear to have been GPL violators. There was a lot of excitement about Allwinenr stuff when it first appeared, now it's best ignored for Kodi.

Also the 4K support looks to be over HDMI 1.4 so likely to be limited to 2160/30p, meaning any 50/60Hz stuff (like Live/Recorded TV) will need to be output at 1080p still.
Anyone been able to find details about the audio output?
All I found its multi-speaker-output.
Warning to Kodi users: Stay away from Allwinner.

(2015-12-10, 02:26)noggin Wrote: Sadly Allwinner = lousy open source support for video acceleration, as Allwinner don't provide anything approaching decent Linux support for their SoCs (particularly the CedarX video decode stuff). They also have a very patchy history of promising stuff and then failing to deliver on those promises, and in some cases appear to have been GPL violators. There was a lot of excitement about Allwinenr stuff when it first appeared, now it's best ignored for Kodi.

Also the 4K support looks to be over HDMI 1.4 so likely to be limited to 2160/30p, meaning any 50/60Hz stuff (like Live/Recorded TV) will need to be output at 1080p still.
Ordered one with 2GB. Looking forward to the 4K output (and its limitations). Hope to see a Raspbian-like distro for this becoming available.
(2015-12-10, 15:36)Pander Wrote: Ordered one with 2GB. Looking forward to the 4K output (and its limitations). Hope to see a Raspbian-like distro for this becoming available.

good luck with that.
i rather flog myself then buy allwinner
Thanks for the warning.
(2015-12-10, 22:09)swetoast Wrote: i rather flog myself then buy allwinner
You are aware what the term "flog" means in Slang terms in certain parts of the world ? Wink

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flog

I think the statement still holds true for nearly all of those definitions ;)
(2015-12-10, 15:36)Pander Wrote: Ordered one with 2GB. Looking forward to the 4K output (and its limitations). Hope to see a Raspbian-like distro for this becoming available.

As long as you don't want to watch video on it under Linux you'll be fine...
Take a look at this, seems to have some hardware support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dxl9jeLyEw&

What do you guys think?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PINE A64: 64-bit processor, supports up to 2GB of RAM and can output 4K0