Unable to record using Kodi
Hello I am running:

Vbox Software Version XTI_VB.2.50.7 Beta
Kodi 16.0 beta 3 nightly

I am unable to record using the kodi interface.I get two error msg. When I select the record button.

An unexpected error occurred.

Try again later or check log for more information.

Can't start recording. Check log for more information about this message.

I am not sure how to get the log file? I am pretty sure it was working ok Vbox 2.50

Regard
See debug log (wiki) for how to retrieve the log. Once you have it, upload it to pastebin.com and add the link here. I'll be bringing home my VBox from my moms place soon so I will have a better opportunity to actually test that everything still works.
Where did you get that firmware version by the way?
Thanks for the reply. I will get the log for you tonight. I got the software from vbox I'm on there beta program.

Also having a issue with the video stutter on android boxes. On live tv. Seems ok on the Mac.

Regards
Hello

Log Attached hope i have done it correctly

http://pastebin.com/D7AVUesT
Hello, Any news on the log. Regards
Hi, I have the same error.
My setup:
XTI_VB.2.50.6 with hdd for recordings
Kodi 15.2 on a raspberry pi 2

Is there a solution?

Kind regards
Hello. No not that I'm aware of. I think the dev has stopped support or its at least it's on hold. How did you get 2.50.6?
Far as I know works no it still works on 2.50
Hi, 2.50.6 was preinstalled on the device.
Next week I will try to contact the support, perhabs they know the issue and have a solution.
Hello

The vbox support is very good. But they do not make the kodi app. I would contact them and tell them your findings. The more the better.

The kodi app used to work well with the version on there site. http://www.vboxcomm.com/shop-support/download.html

I'm hoping to retest it tomorrow with version 2.50.

Just out of interest what country are you from? Are you using teresteral tuners or satellite tuners?
Also what TV guide are you using. Over the air guide or an external EPG.

If you are not using an external EPG I would try. Going back to 2.50. See if that sorts your record issue.

What do you think of the vbox.

Regards.
This issue is solved in new VBox firmware 2.52
Last week, with my new Vbox, I set up a single manual test recording onto my NAS drive. It worked. Today I tried the same thing, and it didn't
I still don't have an epg, so once again this was a manual recording. The one thing that has changed is that last week my box was running with 1 tuner, now it is running with 4 tuners via a unicable

The box is XTi 3334 running 2.54. Vbox says the recording folder is Active. The epg collection is set to OTA (now and next)

When attempting to set up the recording, Kodi gives the Unexpected Error message

The log file says: ERROR: - AddOnLog: VBOX TV Gateway PVR Client: Pvr-Vbox-Request failed: XML Parsing failed. EML_Error Empty Document

As a naïve user, It sounds like it was expecting more info which it is not going to get from a manual record with no epg

Any suggestions?

Tom
Can you post a full debug log (wiki)? It could be nothing but I'm guessing the EPG data is just not being collected by the VBox, which is why Kodi doesn't get it.
negge: Thanks. I did a further check with Kodi this time running under Android, This has the Vbox Add On V 2.1.10.

Again the error message when I tried to manually schedule a recording. I haven't yet got an epg (I am working on this) so for the moment the epg is now and next.

But when I clicked on a 'Next' programme it scheduled the recording OK. So it is just the manual schedule that doesn't seem to work. So I am not really worried about that.
Branksome: VBox have released a new version (2.55) of the firmware that has fixed some recording problems for me. Email their support with details of the problem at [email protected] and request the firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to record using Kodi0